GrahamU

GrahamU's 2.0 TFSI with DSG

Nice Graham, I mentioned on FB I liked the ABT skirts - finishes off the sides really nicely with the extended splitter and larger wheels. 

Had a Corrado Club of GB meet today, was a good turnout, just a couple of photos

52060389655_d084fd960b_z.jpg

52059906606_00a52d25fc_z.jpg

52059934473_aca0c02078_z.jpg

52059934343_e64fcc3201_z.jpg

52059934238_489c4eb46f_z.jpg

52059906261_89e28b98b6_z.jpg

52060389130_34a646813d_z.jpg

52060137489_7eeea9c108_z.jpg

Edited by GrahamU

6 hours ago, 1xshaunx1 said:

Looked like a fun day out. Any niggles with the car on its day out. 

Luckily, other than some rubbing on the rear aches it behaved itself quite nicely

4 hours ago, fla said:

Great pics. Anyone from the forum there?

TBH I'm not sure if there was

Interesting line up there! A few that look a bit different to those on here... apart from yours obviously!  I really must join the CCGB, not sure why I never have.

I was thinking I rather like the rear mudflaps you have, make the car look quite nice and squat from the rear, and also close off that bit of wheel arch where you can see through the rear bumper to the ground. Always think that makes the bumper look a bit cheap and stuck on... 

Where did you get them?

I was going to go to the event as it is near me but still waiting for some spring top plates from VW Classics. I assumed they would only take a few days so took it apart ... 2 weeks later and 3 weeks to wait. 

oneohtwo you could join the facebook group - that is were the events are advertised. I don't get much at all from the £15 I pay a year - this forum is far more useful/active (facebook group aside as that is free).

7 hours ago, oneohtwo said:

Interesting line up there! A few that look a bit different to those on here... apart from yours obviously!  I really must join the CCGB, not sure why I never have.

I was thinking I rather like the rear mudflaps you have, make the car look quite nice and squat from the rear, and also close off that bit of wheel arch where you can see through the rear bumper to the ground. Always think that makes the bumper look a bit cheap and stuck on... 

Where did you get them?

Thanks, the mudflaps were universal from ebay

6 hours ago, MJA said:

I was going to go to the event as it is near me but still waiting for some spring top plates from VW Classics. I assumed they would only take a few days so took it apart ... 2 weeks later and 3 weeks to wait. 

oneohtwo you could join the facebook group - that is were the events are advertised. I don't get much at all from the £15 I pay a year - this forum is far more useful/active (facebook group aside as that is free).

The charge for CCGB does seem a little much for a couple of mags and a sticker that I cant use, but I did go to the day at Brooklands last year, would like it if they did that again so I could take mine

Ccgb did a write up by Chris Gaskell in the Sprinter magazine on the fitment of genuine mudflaps to a corrado.  Worth every penny as the rears have a white VW logo on. I fitted these to mine. 

20200816_132128.jpg

20200704_180359.jpg

Looks good Cressa

COuple I took today with the other cars

52075565776_0c273d68c1_z.jpg

52076048260_157d330c7d_z.jpg

And an arty shot

52075593571_1e5f0d1e15_z.jpg

Edited by GrahamU

Another weekend and its first show, some good comments but also some negative from an owner of a cheque book car so I wont worry too much about that 

Parked up with another Corrado, some of you will also know Stuart

52094834525_02e7e2e061_z.jpg

52094835400_1bd30d6be4_z.jpg

52094355298_8171987b69_z.jpg

52094834100_5df3d7e64c_z.jpg

Edited by GrahamU

The car looks great and a cheque book cannot buy what you have.

Well done in achieving your car and getting her out and about. I'm definitely jealous as my car is blocked in, but yours is great to see

I'm curious as to what negative comments there were on your first class creation...you're right to ignore though

15 minutes ago, Cressa said:

The car looks great and a cheque book cannot buy what you have.

Well done in achieving your car and getting her out and about. I'm definitely jealous as my car is blocked in, but yours is great to see

Thanks, appreciate it

10 minutes ago, fla said:

I'm curious as to what negative comments there were on your first class creation...you're right to ignore though

Comments were about the paint, I am still working on that and I'll be the first to admit it still needs work, but he walked up to the front looked at it and then said the paint was sh*t, look at that run, then walked off, had no idea about the rest of the work that went into the car cos he could not see past a run in the paint

At least you can say you have done it your self this car is fantastic I can only dream of having mine anywhere near as good as this.

I painted my mk1 caddy and I’m the first to say the paint is crap but at least I tried rather than handing a blank cheque over and saying do all the work.

Have confidence in your work and show it off with pride

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, GrahamU said:

Thanks, appreciate it

Comments were about the paint, I am still working on that and I'll be the first to admit it still needs work, but he walked up to the front looked at it and then said the paint was sh*t, look at that run, then walked off, had no idea about the rest of the work that went into the car cos he could not see past a run in the paint

The funny thing is people say more about themselves with comments like that. I think the admiration shared on the forum is a more accurate representation of what people think.

I wouldn’t worry about it , stock especially vr look absolutely wank from factory especially the ride height . Bit of aero and drop transforms a Rado . 

Edited by Keyo

1 hour ago, Keyo said:

I wouldn’t worry about it , stock especially vr look absolutely wank from factory especially the ride height . Bit of aero and drop transforms a Rado . 

the guy probably has an RS3 on pcp, maxed klarna account and £5ks worth of polish? That’s your modern car show attender for you

14 hours ago, GrahamU said:

Thanks, appreciate it

No need for that what a complete an utter arrogant bell end. Sometimes you keep comments to yourself and that chap is an example of one that lacks basic emotional intelligence. I am sure it won't but don't let you stop using it and most of all showing it - you've done a lot of work most could only dream of figuring out. 

Both cars looked great at the show.

yeah stuff him graham!

thanks for the jump start,

Im investigating battery drain problem tomorrow. 👍

On 5/27/2022 at 10:17 PM, STU175 said:

yeah stuff him graham!

thanks for the jump start,

Im investigating battery drain problem tomorrow. 👍

Lol, now you have mentioned it I can put this one up

52112960608_6f74b6aece_z.jpg

What did you find?

Edited by GrahamU

On 5/23/2022 at 9:31 PM, GrahamU said:

Thanks, appreciate it

Thats why I hardly ever display my Corrado or even post pics of it here as there is always some kind of "armchair mechanic" thats going to piss over some detail of it.

But you've done a really top notch job with yours Graham 👌

i wouldnt worry about comments here, pretty much all of us respect others' work and only usually share what we've done or ask for advice.  FB and the like are another matter..

Hasan

I thought that when it hit the road then spending time working on it would stop, how wrong was I 🤣

So, today I started on my snag list

first on the list were top mounts and check the shocks as I had some knocks and bangs

52117941059_2850760594_z.jpg

52116666537_e599d2f17f_z.jpg

Not bad for 250miles, so replaced with VR top mounts

The Koni's dont seem to have liked being sat around for the many years I have had them, I cant remember if they are gas shocks but they dont extend again and one of the top adjusters has stopped turning so they are going for refurb. I've had to fit some ap shocks instead.

52116666532_8d363d73e3_z.jpg

While the passenger shock was off I took the opportunity to remove the driveshaft and replace the outer CV which had started clicking, 

Wheels on and off a few times trying to get the height and camber right which looked good till I drove it tonightwhere the camber on the passenger side settled to -3° so thats another job for tomorrow.

But it drives like a different car now and once I get the tracking done I hope it will feel as it should

Edited by GrahamU