chiller1

Fuel tank straps where to get them from?

Hi just wondering if any one could help? I have a late spec 92' 2.0 16v Corrado and the fuel tank straps are about to snap! :( As they are now obsolete from Vw i was wondering where or what people have done when they have gone? would appreciate any help on this matter cheers

regards Richard. if you want to contact me you can on 07854828567

Best thing to do is look for a good set on a breaker / donor car and get them cleaned up and powder coated!

Yup I was :) I'll be doing a trail fit this week, just making up a new mount for them in stainless steele and will look to start a group buy...

304042_10150300394169132_512334131_8108140_990272635_n.jpg

303986_10150300394969132_512334131_8108142_2083699994_n.jpg

Pete

I had wanted get this all done sooner, but you christmas, OBD2 upgrade (not entirely trouble free) so not been top of my list :)

Silly question are 16V fuel tank straps the same as VR6 and g60 ?

Late 16v are same as VR6 Lukas 1.8 16v & G60 are Different, quite obvious when you look underneath at the 2 different tanks.

Well I've done my test fit and they fit great! I'll start a new feeler thread once I've confirmed a few things with my mate.

Old straps looked like this;

bcdd104e-601a-818d.jpg

Dead lol

We've had problems with that! Had 2 attempts so far. But needed get mine fitted for MOT so will revisit unless anyone is handy with metal? :)

We've had problems with that! Had 2 attempts so far. But needed get mine fitted for MOT so will revisit unless anyone is handy with metal? :)

I've had a go at this recently but wasn't happy with the end result, probably because I attempted a direct copy, I think it needs a slightly different approach. I can have another look at it if you like?

Yeah same here Dave. Just can't get the shape right at all! I can see why the original item was pressed. Feel free to have another look. Would be great if could get something that works well. Will prob take another look after I've got MOT done so I know what else I need fix/replace but hopefully it will pass and I can just try and sort insurance :)

I'd be interested in a set for an early 16v if thats possible?

Luckily these are still available from your local Stealer!

Its only the later cars with the biger 70 litre Tanks that the straps have been discontinued!

---------- Post added at 4:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 4:23 PM ----------

I'd be interested in a set for an early 16v if thats possible?

Luckily these are still available from your local Stealer!

Its only the later cars with the biger 70 litre Tanks that the straps have been discontinued!