Macdaddy

Blackberry VR project

Yea they are 16"s, Diamond cut finished.

Yeah love them. Bet the cost some big ££

Got a bargain tbh, Picked up the wheels with tyres and adaptors very cheaply as they were in bad condition. Biggest expense was having them refurbed.

Yea they are 16"s, Diamond cut finished.

Yeah love them. Bet the cost some big ££

Glad you brought it up, please go back to OE badged grill, debadged grills really spoil the Corrado

That's looking great, makes me a bit more optimistic about what can be achieved with mine :D

Is that exhaust cutout stock? Looks different to mine - but then it might just be the effect of clean paint and no rust..!

Glad you brought it up, please go bRack to OE badged grill, debadged grills really spoil the Corrado

I bought it when I had silly ideas about a smoothed front, since decided oem all the way and it'll be changed back to a stock grill as soon as I get my mitts on one........ New front badge sat on my desk awaiting stock grill!

That's looking great, makes me a bit more optimistic about what can be achieved with mine :D

Is that exhaust cutout stock? Looks different to mine - but then it might just be the effect of clean paint and no rust..!

Yep totally stock

Just before I read through the posts I thought " hmmm, all that needs now is a factory grill with a nice bright VW badge sat up front".

Either way, looks good from here.

Paint looks spot on mate, what detailing do you have planned? I can't believe you have those D90's as "dailys" :lol:

It'll be full paint correction to remove all the swirls, may just use a glaze and wax though for now as seems a waste to detail stuff that's getting painted in 2 weeks.

Be a wheels off, clean arches and wheels day today, then treat rubbers with Gtechnic.

First show and outing for the Corrado of 2012 and I'm happy with the slow progress we've made over the winter with the paintwork.

On the way to Ultimate dubs:

DSC_0016-3.jpg

6827705546_b89b73141e.jpg

Couple parked up:

DSC_0098.jpg

DSC_0026.jpg

Cant wait to get started on correcting the paint next, Oh and the new oem grill being fitted once its arrived.

Great outing yesterday to the NW meet in Manchester, Not much to update this last couple of weeks other than going back to the oem grill as below

DSC_0250.jpg

DSC_0248.jpg

Oh and of course we are both chuffed to bits to get the "car of the day award", Really helps to keep motivated.

DSC_0261.jpg

More paint to follow next week and then hopefully I can start paint correction.

Well deserved (landslide) win I say.

The Porsche wheels are brilliant. D90s are considered a little old hat these days, by some. But the way these have been presented it gives a little nod to the past and still seems fresh and original. They remind me of Le castelet wheels from Rivage cabrios / Scirrocos (which I also like). But with the added bonus of being a sixteen.

Personally I think the car is almost perfect. But as we all know, once you start tweaking, you sometimes find it hard to stop.

Where you getting the paint done ?

Thanks James, and thanks for going to the time/trouble of actually making an award!

We are using a bodyshop called ML which is on Factory lane, penwortham.

The D90's were bought pretty much as a stop gap as tyres on the speedlines were'nt far away from needing replacing and also going to alot of shows every year we wanted something inexpensive and a bit better looking/scene than stock. Had them diamond cut to be a little different than the norm and also felt they look cleaner.

At the time we'd no idea what plans we had for the Corrado, however any ideas we had were heavily swaying towards massively modifying with different interiors, dash, wheels and engine.

Plan is now ideally we'd like BBS RS's for show season and something a little more OEM/90's style for everyday use. Still deciding on what exactly though! Its OEM all the way with any modifications being small like red rears and clear side repeaters.

Theres so much still to do with brakes, subframes, the engine bay and of course getting the interior finished off.

Paintwork looks lovely, are you at Elsecar so I can check it out. RS's would suit a Blackberry Corrado I reckon....

Thought i'd best do a quick update:

Few boxes of goodies arrived from the stealer dealers on Thursday:

DSC_0267.jpg

Also pictured a new coolant temp sender switch and finally the answer to the fuse box loose cover...... New clips courtesy of pat.

---------- Post added at 8:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 8:27 AM ----------

Car arrived back form the bodyshop Thursday evening having had the roof and passenger side painted which means the cars now tidy again (almost).

Friday afternoon involved fitting the brand new fogs and indicators and new coolant temp switch which sadly after an hour of swearing proved not to be the cause of the cold start erratic idle...... Balls!

Hoovered and washed the car Sunday, quick coat of wax and fitted my solution to worrying about more stone chips:

122a5f6b.jpg

Ok its not the prettiest thing in the world but i'm much happier knowing the protection the front now gets.

---------- Post added at 8:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 8:33 AM ----------

Monday we travelled across to Elsecar to meet up with more forum cars for the show:

DSC_0021.jpg

Sadly it rained most of the day but a few of us did catch a break and manage to get a drying session in just prior to show and shine judging.

Really good turnout of cars for the forum and think i managed to have a chat with most owners and put a few faces to cars/forum names. Enjoyed the day out and was "different" to get some feedback from our marking sheet in the show and shine:

f446b1bb.jpg

Not sure how the cars marked exactly, It wasnt entered in the standard cars class so any advice what they'd be looking for apprecitated.

The marks:

Bodywork 15/20 - Not bad as its fresh from the bodyshop and untouched by machine......... for now!

Wheels 13/20 - Well they are in decent shape and clean as i could get them in the rain?

Engine 10/20 Probably fair comment as ive only just made a start on this

Interior 12/20 The cars in very good shape inside, Wear to the drivers bolster and needs two new matts but i'd be happy when they are sorted.

Overall look of the car 13/20 Well it was raining !

Not taking those to heart but i am learning its interesting getting written feedback on the car! :)

Edited by Macdaddy

Ha ha good old marking sheets, they only gave my rs`s 18/20 last year...!! and they were mint with matching dunlops on..!!

Ha ha good old marking sheets, they only gave my rs`s 18/20 last year...!! and they were mint with matching dunlops on..!!

That makes me feel better, forgot about stuff like same tyres.

Would liked to have had some more critique than just marks so i know where to improve.

I can't really help with advice on the marking of non standard classes but would think that it is not just about how clean areas are but how well executed and difficult to achieve mods are.

A 100% perfect but standard interior, even if optional extra leather recaros is not going to score as highly as a totally custom fit replacement. Likewise wheels... the non standard scene all seems to be about how well difficult to fit and totally off the planet wheels have been used.

With regards the standard class, I can read some comments on mine that are visiable from the pen being pressed hard on the scoring before me...

Against wheels it says 'not clean'. Interior 'not cleaned at all', and the overall look of the car says 'Dirty brand new scirocco'.

LOL.

how much did the fogs and indicators set you back??

Fogs £89 each

indicators £38

all plus vat but with a 10% discount came to............................ £304 !!! ouch !!!

---------- Post added at 1:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:57 PM ----------

I can't really help with advice on the marking of non standard classes but would think that it is not just about how clean areas are but how well executed and difficult to achieve mods are.

A 100% perfect but standard interior, even if optional extra leather recaros is not going to score as highly as a totally custom fit replacement. Likewise wheels... the non standard scene all seems to be about how well difficult to fit and totally off the planet wheels have been used.

With regards the standard class, I can read some comments on mine that are visiable from the pen being pressed hard on the scoring before me...

Against wheels it says 'not clean'. Interior 'not cleaned at all', and the overall look of the car says 'Dirty brand new scirocco'.

LOL.

Thanks, that does kinda clear it up a little. Was a little aggreived that my interior is in good shape albeit drivers bolster has some wear and to be marked 12/20 i thought was harsh, but if the markings geared towards "mods" then i should be happy with that score. Still think "show and shine" should be about cleanliness!

Edited by Macdaddy

Fogs £89 each

indicators £38

all plus vat but with a 10% discount came to............................ £304 !!! ouch !!!

---------- Post added at 1:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:57 PM ----------

Thanks, that does kinda clear it up a little. Was a little aggreived that my interior is in good shape albeit drivers bolster has some wear and to be marked 12/20 i thought was harsh, but if the markings geared towards "mods" then i should be happy with that score. Still think "show and shine" should be about cleanliness!

Not always the case, my standard interior last year got 18/20....?

All depends on the day and who is looking at your car which is why you have to take it with a pinch of salt.The vw scene is not renowned for its show and shine/concourse, most shows are so about who you know...!!!lol

Best thing about show and shine..........good parking and mostly free entry

Edited by C5 OEM

I wouldnt be too disappointed Steve as I agree with Andy it depends who is judging the car another judge would probably have came up with different points. Best thing I would take from showing the car is the attitude of the fellow punters and how they comment of the car overall.

I remember when had the bordeaux judged and got the scores from it and only got 11 for the wheels which were rare on the ground on a rado and fresh from the powder coaters. Made me laugh a bit as sometimes its just not someones cup of tea.

For what it is worth I would say so have done some sterling work there so far and keep it up

Thanks Chris,

Long list of jobs to be completed before Elsecar (if we go) but definatley by All types in May.

Full exterior machine polish

Continue with the engine bay clean

New matts

New MAF

refurb leather

Quite fancying new wheels!!! Perhaps oem styling as BBS RS's are out of budget at the minute.

Box of goodies from furniture clinic arrived this morning:

68c2b58e.jpg

Thanks to Andy (C5 OEM) for the recommendation. I shall be trying them out this weekend and i'll get before and after pictures.