Macdaddy

Blackberry VR project

Just to keep this thread where i can find it....

AC07DB07-D8E9-4627-A16A-F5D09570E4C3-544-000000F216A70794.jpg

2C185CC0-96D5-413C-9042-CCB0CD1D5EEF-544-000000F21EB26D83.jpg

Pretty sure the Rangie could drive right over if i raised the suspension...

662B5415-2250-4720-8354-79C6D54A6F01-544-000000F22C178ED3.jpg

Not really any updates as such, Losing my garage space unfortunately so she's broken out the box for a week until a new rental garage space is available.

Had a good run out today with a couple of impromptu picture for good measure.

Powder coated subframes, new calipers, brakes, hoses, bushes, track rod ends,better fitting tyres and ride height coming soon too!

Well not nearly as much progress has been made with thee Corrado as i'd hoped over the winter as our little arrival has taken up a fair bit of time...

777B0BA4-7480-4684-8CDC-A94E3F61B49E-21414-00000C89023E858E.jpg

Spare sub frames and wishbones sat disassembled awaiting powder coating and will realistically have to wait until after Ultimate Dubs now.

Collected some new tyres at the weekend for the BBS's and got them fitted today.

F265ACE1-FBD6-4440-B46E-CE6EC91D531D-21414-00000C87DC896C9A.jpg

Pleased with the look now, more like show wheels and the stretch isnt silly!

55B6514B-0A24-4C83-A148-CB6091C822BB-21414-00000C87D785F608.jpg

363F6CA9-B120-4A5E-963D-53516ABD0539-21414-00000C87D1B53BBE.jpg

Next job is split them down, polish the rims and replace the rusty bolts for brand new ones.

Few jobs to get sorted for Ultimate Dubs in March as we have the Corrado inside the hall this year, :) Fix the windscreen wipers that have come loose due to being frozen, Lower the car to correct height for the new wheels and get some camber dialled in.

Congratulations on the little one! What size are those tyres, there barely looks to be a sidewall on them. Should sit well when you get them on.

Lovely car, loved the d90's, thats how I was hoping to get mine but now have to sell them to raise some doh.

congrats on the new arrival.

Congratulations all round. Sure he'll be wafting round with a microfibre before too long. All the best, James.

Congratulations on the little one! What size are those tyres, there barely looks to be a sidewall on them. Should sit well when you get them on.

Thanks for the comments everyone,

The tyre size has gone from 205/40/17 to 185/35/17 and its made a massive difference to the look whilst still not being silly and unsafe!

I was never happy with the previous tyres as the sidewalls were too much and didnt make the wheels look anything special. Should get the ride height sat where i want it now.

---------- Post added at 8:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 8:42 AM ----------

Great read, nicely executed Corrado:thumbleft:

Thanks !!!

I've been looking at Air for the last two weeks and its because i keep reading your build on Facebook :)

Collected these tonight:

8AC9B167-09E9-47D2-9D81-AC5C5A53F60F-763-000000617D18E6C1.jpg

OEM roof rail/strips..... Not copies but OEM ! Hens teeth i'd imagine. I'll be removing my old ones prior to its detailing session and refitting these.

Where the F*** did you find them mate? As you said not easy to find good detective work there

Do they not still sell them at the dealers? Thats where I bought mine from, pricey, VERY pricey but after you have recovered from surgery on your wallet they look mile better!

Ya bugger! I saw a pair on ebay click, but when I went to hit 'Buy Now' they had gone!

Thanks !!!

I've been looking at Air for the last two weeks and its because i keep reading your build on Facebook :)

LOL, I keep getting the blame for the same thing off other people too!

You can buy these as retro parts for around £90-120 but according to my dealer they are obsolete parts now!

So picking these up for half the cost of retro parts was a bargain !!!!!

It was a case of right forum, right time !

Congratulations on the birth of your little one, he looks a big lad like his dad, those tyres should help you get the wheels sitting really nicely with the camber dialled in.

Ps do you still want to sort out collecting the VW badge

Wheels look great mate , hows the cheapest miltek system ever holding up did you manage to get it de catted ? Congrats on the lil boy aswell will have to catch up at some shows this year

Thanks,

Its great, Got it de-catted when it got fitted.

It sounds decent and not overly loud.... Sounds even better when someone else is driving and your on the outside!

So then this kinda happened:

DSC_0016_zps7ffc841f.jpg

No not been a victim of crime, Simply making way for something else:

DSC_0014_zpscf82cbba.jpg

Also collected the 90mm splitter which i'm excited to fit too !