Macdaddy

Blackberry VR project

Where did you manage to find them...!!!

Just came up in chat when buying something else and i couldnt resist on doing a deal as ive wanted a set for ages.

Next job is getting them wired in.

Bolsters are mint !

Yep Bolsters are great, but so are the rest of the seats.

They are just being treat to a deep clean and leather feed as we speak.

More pics soon...... I'm about to deep clean the interior carpet while the cars empty. There's a few jobs which will get completed this next couple of weeks in time for Ultimate Dubs.

Glad you are pleased with them.

Should look good fitted.

---------- Post added at 1:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 1:32 AM ----------

Glad you are pleased with them.

Should look good fitted.

Well its been a productive weekend on the Corrado front.

Splitter fitted

7B5F29B2-B9C9-4656-85EB-20C0489034FF-8222-000004D325E9004D_zps079c21e3.jpg

Recaro's in but not yet wired.

550E292E-0839-4C9A-8AA5-C098FBA9716D-8222-000004D32EAC57BF_zpsc3ebcad1.jpg

Messed about with the summer wheels and ride height:

601D6329-4941-42D8-900B-49D10892DAA9-8222-000004D320FDED6C_zpsca58a814.jpg

0C7B1B88-DF35-41DD-9DEF-7CD5F7B310A0-8222-000004D31C10E7E2_zps2d2598a3.jpg

Problem is now when i have it sitting right in the arches the front splitters low and catches..... FFS !!!

Looks like a bit of sensible arch gap is going to happen.

Car looks great Steve but I'm not feeling the wheels.... The rx's on eBay would be perfect for the complete oem package.

Car looks great Steve but I'm not feeling the wheels.... The rx's on eBay would be perfect for the complete oem package.

TBH i've been the same this last week, May look for new wheels soon.

TBH i've been the same this last week, May look for new wheels soon.

The rx's linked on here are great wheels and mint.... If I were planning another corrado they would be my first choice

Not convinced with the RX's, really liking the CH's at the moment and also still like the ZW1's

Seats look spot on by the way!!

Thanks,

I'm not sure i could live with RX's, As much as i like the wheel there's better suited out there and i'd always be looking at other stuff.

I'm pretty tempted by a 17" speedline or compomotive wheel, On the other hand I think the corrado really suits wide wheels....

Anyway i've fallen out with the Rado, Having one of those 'just get it sold' weekends.

Edited by Macdaddy

Thanks,

I'm not sure i could live with RX's, As much as i like the wheel there's better suited out there and i'd always be looking at other stuff.

I'm pretty tempted by a 17" speedline or compomotive wheel, On the other hand I think the corrado really suits wide wheels....

Anyway i've fallen out with the Rado, Having one of those 'just get it sold' weekends.

lol been in that position...!!!! i`m looking for another now..!!!

Tyres look too low a profile, so you lower to loose the arch gap and in turn the whole car is too low.

I fear you are indeed correct, Its the 90mm splitter that will catch now so may have to revert to the smaller one again..... Another day of messing will no doubt sort it.

My splitter catches on most things mate there actually quite flexible , like everyone else has said tho im not sure about the wheels but i reckon a bit of tyre black would make the world of difference

Stand by earlier suggestion, these set up correctly with the right dish, rolled arches etc would look the nuts!!

http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?79283-RH-ZW1-split-rims-17x8-5-quot

See

http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?32999-blackberry-vr-17-quot-rs199-s/page4

Or CH's

http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?32999-blackberry-vr-17-quot-rs199-s/page12

I'd loose the 90mm spoiler for a nice set of wheels.

How about 16" wheels and a slight dish at the rear ?

Though to be fair, I thought you had it nailed on with the D90's.

It's all part of the game, chopping around wheels, trim and getting frustrated till something sticks.

Yep i guess wheels are as personal as jewellery!

Ideally i want dish on the rear James yes, I guess this year will be year if the wheel swap for me.

Well i've spent hours getting the Corrado right for Ultimate Dubs and now its back on the driveway.

Heard a grinding noise whilst in the centre lane on the motorway, Slowed to the nearside lane for it to suddenly get worse. Pulled onto the hard shoulder and just before i stopped.... BANG....

Wheel off, Jammed into the arch and car resting on the front splitter !!!!!

Fortunately i carry a trolley jack which i managed to use with the OEM jack and lift the car to free the wheel.

Damage to the nearside wing and knocking at the front now....... Limped home..... Gutted!

Looks like the brakes been sticking and heated up so much the bolts have come loose.

Hope the damage isn't too bad - but as said could have been so much worse, for you and other traffic if the wheel had actually come free.

Good luck getting it sorted out.