Macdaddy

Blackberry VR project

Cheers guys,

Going to need a trip the bodyshop to sort the wing out and my local garage to look at what other damage has been caused.

Not sure if its knackered a bearing or bent the disc.

Was there any paint on the wheel to hub faces on the wheel? Its not unknown for paint to crush on mating surfaces and the wheel to then come off

Edited by Dox

Such a shame after the work you have put into getting it looking sweet hopefully not to much of a fix i know the feeling mate i thought mine was dead after the brakes escapade i had but was very lucky just hope it is the same for you.

Was there any paint on the wheel to hub faces on the wheel? Its not unknown for paint to crush on mating surfaces and the wheel to then come off

Not sure but i'll take a look.

The caliper is defiantly sticking, I stopped three times on the way home and the wheel was pretty damn hot in comparison with the other side.

I'll be checking the full extent of the damage today. :(

Just thankful no one got hurt and that we'd decided the Mrs was going to meet up with me later on so her and the baby weren't with me.

Really sorry to hear that :( Hope you can get it back on the road with the minimum of expense and hassle! :(

Sorry to hear that Steve glad you are ok and it was at least at a standstill or very slow speed. Hope it is sorted ok and no too bad on the pocket.

I had this happen to me many years ago in my early days of Corrado ownership, about half a mile from where I live. Foolishly rushed putting my wheels back on and hadn't tightened one side enough ( RH alloy spacers and 9 inch wide RH cups on the front didn't help ). Got to the top of the road and bang. Similar situation.

Like you say though, doesn't bear thinking about what could have happened.

Hope it all works out.

Steve, sorry to hear about your trouble. Importantly you are ok - everything else, whilst being an annoyance can be fixed! Chin up.

Dave.

I was wondering what became of the incident last year, all sorted?

Anyone heard anything?

Sadly the Corrado fell out of favour and was driven onto my driveway and stayed there without turning a wheel.

Plenty of thoughts about selling but fingers crossed she'll be off to get the bearing and caliper sorted over the next month.

Thanks for asking :cool:

As you seem to keep popping up on here is the love coming back?

Get the car sorted Steve, its far too good to not be used / shown...

She might be reluctantly up for sale but i've decided sod it i'll crack on and do a few jobs in the hope that she doesn't go and keep this thread updated.

it's been about 4 months since the Corrado has been started as after a few attempts at charging the battery it lasts no more than overnight.

New battery time, On offer at Euro car parts was the lovely S5 ultra powerful battery discounted to £60.

Whilst the old batteries out I gave the battery tray the obligatory clean off.

9F631776-9998-4574-8EE9-5929A619E45A_zps8jakxdkv.jpg

£15 of Vpower and a few cranks later she hurts back into life, Once the old petrol was out the lines we were back in business.

Running smoothly :)

Next job, Off to get the front end stripped down, bearings replaced and possibly look at al the wishbones, arb's and track rod ends etc done too.

Good news that its alive..

Would be a shame to pass it on especially after sorting the damage..

Not much to update, NO LONGER FOR SALE though which is great news :dance:

Mrs managed to find work so we've removed her from scale and already started on getting her back on the road ASAP.

Updates to follow this week after a good wash and polish :)

A little bit exciting update or at least I think so :)

Spent over an hour just washing the old girl and giving her a very quick coat of wax until I have time to get the machine polisher out, Still needs a coat of Gtechniq on the plastics but that'll have to wait as i ran out.

Then fitted some new shoes.

Some of you may recognise the wheels from a certain immaculate silver VR thats kicking about the place.

FBA395C1-5938-4B33-8B6D-50D3B788D88D_zpsmgwheiba.jpg

F1A94044-4638-420D-B1F1-3B49CF43070B_zpssc4ppy3e.jpg

D5507DE4-610B-439C-8DAB-9EFFF7D367CD_zpsistjfhem.jpg

Have to say they look a hell of a lot better in the flesh, pics really don't do them justice.

Thought they are more OEM in style than my last set.

Hope you guys approve :)

Excellent!! Machine polisher?? can't really tell from the pic's that it is needed. Stunner :)

The car looks great in the sun , lovely colour . And what excellent taste in wheels you have , but I am a little biased .

They look better on yours than they did on mine.. They really as such a great wheel..

Glad they have gone to a good home..