Macdaddy

Blackberry VR project

Box of goodies from furniture clinic arrived this morning:

68c2b58e.jpg

Thanks to Andy (C5 OEM) for the recommendation. I shall be trying them out this weekend and i'll get before and after pictures.

good stuff that, just read and follow the instructions to the letter and you will be fine.

Heard good things bout furniture clinic so looking forward to results.

If you fancy changing wheels. Fancy a sets of slots?

Come with free car mind :)

If I had the spare cash I'd buy another Rado !

Fancy something oem or 90's stylee like Borbet C's ir simular.

Made a start today on the cleaning up the engine bay. Found the cause of why bits of leaves keep ending up all over the dash! I've removed the cover to be cleaned but all this was left behind after i'd scooped as much out as i could.

Nothing the dyson couldnt handle though even if my neighbours think ive lost the plot hoovering the engine bay!

DSC_0271.jpg

DSC_0273.jpg

Test fit after a bit of modification of a Mk2 Golf scuttle panel i picked up for £20 on a local forum.

DSC_0274.jpg

Almost ready for fitting however its going to be primered and sprayed matt black as its really past being black and clean.

Next on the cards was to make a start on cleaning the underside of the bonnet which was a right mess tbh. A job i really should have started before i fitted the new foam.

DSC_0277.jpg

DSC_0278.jpg

Pleased with how its started to come up, took me around 2 hours of hard work to get to this stage and i'm not fully happy with it yet. The bonnet catches have still to be done too.

After all the hard work thought i'd better wash the old girl off as its not been done since the trip out to Elsecar. Grabbed a few piccies as its a nice day:

DSC_0284.jpg

DSC_0289.jpg

DSC_0296.jpg

DSC_0298.jpg

DSC_0299.jpg

DSC_0301.jpg

Thats all for now, Mk2 scuttles drying so once i'm happy with the paint and the fit pics will follow.

Edited by Macdaddy

Did it have the plastic raised surround on the hole Steve? wondering if you know it has something missing in the pic.

Edited by KIPVW

Did it have the plastic raised surround on the hole Steve? wondering if you know it has something missing in the pic.

I've removed the grill that covered the hole prior to the pictures so that i could clean right behind it. Think it could do with a new seal though as i dont want water inside!

Ah hoped as much, the seals were still available last time i asked last year so yeah not a bad idea to replace it.

Looking good though mate :)

Took your advice on doing a little bit at a time too, 2 hours was about right before i started to get pee'd off with scrubbing off old glue and dirt!

I know the scuttles not going to be to everyones taste but i think once its done it'll look far tidier.

Will ring the dealer tomorrow and get a new seal ordered.

Was that you this morning mate giving the thumbs up? Just by the Ideal cas supermarket?

I saw you but just at the last minute, seem to have a habit of doing that....only noticing the waves at the last minute then accidentally waving at the bloke in the following car!

Was that you this morning mate giving the thumbs up? Just by the Ideal cas supermarket?

I saw you but just at the last minute, seem to have a habit of doing that....only noticing the waves at the last minute then accidentally waving at the bloke in the following car!

Not me, Took the Audi today as it was a roof down weather. There's another Blackberry kicking about around here but ive only seen it once, Mrs has spotted it a few times too.

Does the mk2 scuttle only go to the wiper motor?

Yes, it only covers upto the motor so i've bought the passat cover too.

I'll update this week, Cars been serviced and running sweetly.

Nice run out last weekend down to "All Types" show so here are just a couple of pictures after i spent a few hours Saturday machine polishing with my new rotary:

DSC_0322.jpg

DSC_0323.jpg

DSC_0331.jpg

Picture of a silver one that happened to park close by that was fairly clean!!!! :shrug:

DSC_0327.jpg

that 'silver one' is the holy grail in OEM+ Corrados... yours looks fantastic too, btw.

Very clean !! Is it just me but sometimes I do prefer a bit of dirt on the Corrado for that used look :)

Well its been a while since i updated.

Drove back from All types, Into the garage and thats where she stayed until this week as the MOT/Tax/Ins all ran out at the end of that month. Knowing that we wouldnt be going to any shows it seemed pointless paying out for it to sit there.

Saturday was finally MOT day, Passed with no advisories although i did get a call as the headlights were'nt working for some reason. Popped across and found i'd pulled out a connector when i took the battery off to charge..... Phew!

54c808f6.jpg

Collected front subframe and rear beam from Jay ready for stripping down and powder coating.:

3c1af3ab.jpg

Also collected some new wheels and started the long process of refurbing them.

6c1f9d3e.jpg

4ae5e50f.jpg

And a quick pre-refurb mock up shot of what look i'm going to go for.

0345c223.jpg

8e5e5349.jpg

17021d40.jpg

Hoping to get them done for Tatton but realistically Harewood they should be unveiled.

As mentioned on un-phased.

New Wheels look good :D

Paint work looks really good too

They're not the worst things to look at now are they. Really like the body colour split rim polished bolted neo retro corrado a-go-go type of thing. Fancy a "dress up" set like this for the VR. Don't fancy the hours of polishing though. You rocking the au-natural alu look or having the outers anodized ?

Thanks,

At the minute i'll be going for the hand polished look as i prefer it to lacquered stuff but i know it'll take a bit of care. Thought i'd try the body colour centre as its easy enough to change if we dont like it. Took two hours to get to the above stage and i've not even started with the polishing wheel yet.

Like the body coloured centres look sweet on the car, what are the wheels and specs

Like the body coloured centres look sweet on the car, what are the wheels and specs

17" BBS RC040's 7.5j iirc, Need to find the right tyre size now that'll provide a little useable safe stretch without huge sidewalls.

I suspect 195/40 would be fine rather than pushing it with 185. Are you going to be on the club stand at Tatton Steve?