Macdaddy

Blackberry VR project

Thanks for the comments, I'm glad the wheels get a good reception.

FINALLY she's off tonight to get a few underneath jobs finished off like painted subframe, new track rod ends, discs pads etc ready for an MOT soon.

She doesn't need these doing it's purely for cosmetic reasons so i can preserve new parts rather than try and restore old.

I thought they would suit the Blackberry colour Steve and they certainly do, car looks great.

Glad you didnt have to sell it in the end.

look sublime, they complement the colour perfectly on yours. Would love a set of these one day..

Are those Recaros in there now as well?

Have a look on Ebay at some wheel nut covers (i think Skoda). They finish the wheels off nicely. I would have passed my ones on if i had oaf thought.. From memory they aren't expensive..

Are those Recaros in there now as well?

Have a look on Ebay at some wheel nut covers (i think Skoda). They finish the wheels off nicely. I would have passed my ones on if i had oaf thought.. From memory they aren't expensive..

Ah yea thanks, Don't suppose you have or anyone else has a link to the correct ones?

I was gonna ask what you used as i was going to nip out and get shiny new bolts.

Yes I've had the Recaro's in for a little while now, Just finish off the interior as far as oem+ equipment goes. :)

Thanks Zak!

Ordered the wheel covers as per your recommendation Goldie, Pics when fitted just because I like to keep this updated. :)

There's been a delay in getting into my mates garage due to his work load so the front end including wishbones has had to wait another week, Meanwhile I decided to get it booked in for an MOT as that way if anything is highlighted then it'll get sorted when it goes in for the other work.

Typically when I did my own MOT check the horn has decided to stop working, A good few minutes of messing about and long presses it's burst back into life.

Fingers crossed for Friday!

Edited by Macdaddy

Just to update my thread:

EA4C19AF-9CED-4666-9183-D8F22EFBE3AF_zpswvow8rz8.jpg

One advisory of slight play in steering rack inner joint….. A track rod end????

Pleased it passed and as it's booked to have all the track rod ends & ball joints replaced next week I'm not fussed at the advisory.

Not bad for a car with over 180k on it! Plus we've only done 1,000 miles in two and half years.

Keeping this updated.

Latest run out was down to Dub Fiction's show over at Bakewell, Managed to spend a few hours giving the old girl a good clean to get rid of the horrid green algae that appeared over the last 18 months or so of being dsat on the driveway.

Spurred me on to enter the show & shine so here are the pics:

IMG_0002_zpsbb5b4b35.jpgIMG_0003_zpsf96eda8d.jpgIMG_0004_zps5a14b08e.jpgIMG_0005_zps35b2898d.jpg

Far from perfect but she's on her way again, Noticed my rear lights have had a reaction to the red tinting so thats the next job before moving onto getting the engine bay to a good standard.

EA4C19AF-9CED-4666-9183-D8F22EFBE3AF_zpswvow8rz8.jpg

One advisory of slight play in steering rack inner joint….. A track rod end????

QUOTE]

Inner joint will be track rod itself (inside the concertina rack boot)

Wheel nut caps, nice small detail that tidies the wheels up nicely..

Looking very nice as per usual..

QUOTE]

Inner joint will be track rod itself (inside the concertina rack boot)

Thanks, They are all getting replaced as a precaution.

Thanks for the comments! :cool:

She came away from the 140 mile journey relatively unscathed, Just a split CV joint meaning oil inside the wheel arch….. Not bad considering she's been stood.

Currently being used as my daily to see if any other issues crop up.

I've noticed at around 1/4 of a tank she has the tendency to splutter on occasions, Guess the fuels gone off so i'll be draining the tank this weekend.

Thanks for the comments! :cool:

She came away from the 140 mile journey relatively unscathed, Just a split CV joint meaning oil inside the wheel arch….. Not bad considering she's been stood.

Currently being used as my daily to see if any other issues crop up.

I've noticed at around 1/4 of a tank she has the tendency to splutter on occasions, Guess the fuels gone off so i'll be draining the tank this weekend.

Well these buggers really are a love hate thing aren't they!

Unfortunately the car coughed and spluttered awfully on the way to VW festival last year so i ended up turning back and as it was pretty much our last show anyway she's sat on the drive unloved….. again!

Changed the MAF and the coil pack to no avail, looks like it's either an air leak or dodgy ISV however rather than chuck more money at her i'm dropping her off soon at the local garage to get someone with more knowledge to fault find.

just thought i'd update the thread as I've not been around for a while.

Shameless update:

Don't want this thread to disappear, after doing nothing but the occasional start up or drive up and down the street she's not moved all year. :(

In positive news though I've found finally somewhere to store over the winter so off she went:

image_zpsroh4pyrh.jpeg

image_zpsp1yoopjl.jpeg

The plan is to get a few bits refurbed while its now undercover, previously not been able to do this on my drive. Oh and get the rough running issue fixed..... Bring on the shows of 2016!

Well this is what happens when you find storage miles away from home and she's not on the drive to stare at daily...... months pass without any work and she's generally forgotten about.

Alas with starting a new photography business and spending my free time caught up with that we've really lost track of time.

Nipped down after a last seeing the old girl in February time leaving with huge plans of show season 2016.

Pleased to get her started and a little drive around the private grounds to the different storage spot. Ok so she ran like crap but she was missing when she went in so no biggy, anyway here a quick iPhone pic as she rolled out dusty but in way better condition than if shed been sat on my driveway open to the elements.

14449026_10155267770574745_1060935150524300229_n_zpsfrro3zka.jpg

Anyway after the wife mentioning regularly about selling up she followed me to the new unit and commented on how good she looks on the "road" she agreed she doesn't want rid either.

Onwards and upwards, she's in storage for a short time longer then off to have some of the work i want doing completed ready for 2017.

I'll be re-visiting in the next few weeks for another start, a clean, tyre pressure check, a splash of new fuel and a job lost made so i can make a start on ordering more parts.

Ideally i'll be completing:

Rough running issue fixed - Scan shows lambda sensor

Subframes off and powder coated.

New pads/discs

All bushes renewed

Track rod ends and associated bits.

Rear lights re-tinting and lacquered

Edited by Macdaddy