Goldie

Goldies 94 VR6… New Daily...

Great news!

Those seats do look amazing, you must wear silk trousers when driving, to keep them looking that good!!

Those seats are a work of art, I've seen them a load of times and they do look even better in the flesh than in the pictures, if that's possible......as for the silk trousers......couldn't comment:lol:

Great news on passing the MOT mate, not that it was ever in doubt ;)

It has been an age since i have done anything to my car. It is in storage but will be moving to its new home soon. I still have a list of jobs to do including the heater matrix that i intend to get started once its alive again.

Id also like to thank VagHag for giving me a chance to buy his plate, i think it was around 10 years ago i asked should it come up for sale to give me a shout and true to his word he did.

The Polo continues to be great although it did have an issue. There were some strange induction noises so i took it in and one new turbo later it was fine. Im glad that wasn't from my pocket.

Further updates to follow once things start to happen. Lets have some good weather so we can enjoy our cars.

nice to see you pop up again Goldie

how is life on the sea's?

those pieces of rocking horse poop you helped me out with may be making an appearance this year m8 - though i am investigating them for the VR first ;)

add - re-felt heater box control flaps to the list when you do your matrix. i regret not doing mine in the valver & have to pull the dash out again when the weather warms

Great to see you back mate.

Chris sold the number plate?! Hopefully not a precursor to selling the whole thing.

Great to see you back mate.

Chris sold the number plate?! Hopefully not a precursor to selling the whole thing.

Not that I am aware of pal think may have to pries from his cold dead hands!!!!!

Mic could you email them pics from Harewood ?

Loving the rear cluster lights on the C.

Thank you, i can't take the credit for these ones although they are straight forward to do.

Good to hear of some updates, Michael. Hope you're well mate.

All good thanks Jim.. Likewise..

Good to have you back mate 8)

Good to be back mate... Solid progress with your fleet as usual.

Wow you bought g60no?

Sent from my SM-G357FZ using Tapatalk

Just the plate... Ive always liked it. Ive no doubt it will be replaced with something relevant to what lies under the bonnet.

nice to see you pop up again Goldie

how is life on the sea's?

those pieces of rocking horse poop you helped me out with may be making an appearance this year m8 - though i am investigating them for the VR first ;)

add - re-felt heater box control flaps to the list when you do your matrix. i regret not doing mine in the valver & have to pull the dash out again when the weather warms

Good news on the kit and i appreciate the heads up for the matrix, I'm sure there will be questions along the way..

I haven't updated this in ages so here goes.

The car has hardly moved in 3 years, around 1500 miles in all. I have kept my eye open for nice parts and recently i struck gold.

I owned a VSR in 2013 but it wasn't complete so i sold it on and had my eye open for another since. As many will be aware a car came up that was damaged with one fitted so it had to be done. I contacted the Corrado wobble in Glasgow (Easypops) and shorty after the car (and me) were headed North. I think it is fair to say the result was great for both of us.

IMG_1834_zpschwgsmuq.jpg

Yes mate, the real thing.

Interestingly the old one i had was different. It had a Pieburg script on the manifold itself and there was no plate. This one comes with the plate(s) but having taken it off it does not have Pieburg on the casting itself. I have read that the ones with the writing on are prototypes but i have no idea of how many have or haven't got any writing on.

This one is complete. The vacuum reservoir isn't original. I believe it should come with a green spherical one. All other parts are there. The plan as per last time though is to blank of the actuator and run it is a normal manifold. I don't want the additional parts under the bonnet so they will be stored away.

Here it is. Luckily it has an oversized throttle body on it. It is off to be aqua blasted today and then i will decide on its final finish.

IMG_1835_zps7pbtbvty.jpg

Here are a couple of other shots. Some are from a gathering at Lilfuzzers house.

IMG_1558_zps57mhvwfn.jpg

IMG_1570_zpspdz90zzo.png

The current wheels are Audi speedlines from a TT. I still have the RSs, Nothelles and some proper marmite.

IMG_0947_zpsypubvfur.jpg

IMG_0602_zpsaguuiorw.jpg

The nothelles are lovely. The car sits so well on them.

IMG_0236_zpsph3avily.jpg

IMG_0113-2_zpsodqaanit.jpg

And yes they are TSW Venoms. 17 x 7, 5 x 100. Once refurbed they will be going on for a very 90s look.

The nothelles have grown on me, the RS’s are just the dogs b*#%*#%s but the venoms....... I hated them when they were new in the 90’s. Somehow though I’m sure they will look great on your Corrado.

Where does the extra vsr cover fit?

It fits in the archives mate. The one that is as original will be kept. The other one is being cleaned up tomorrow and will be bonded back onto the manifold.

Those RSs came from a good place.....

It fits in the archives mate. The one that is as original will be kept. The other one is being cleaned up tomorrow and will be bonded back onto the manifold.

Those RSs came from a good place.....

Damn you, I was trying to get the VSR Manifold with the wanted add too. Oh well fingers crossed I get next one.

At least your car is a minter so makes me feel a little better

Edited by jared_nomak

I had been looking for years.

I had accepted that i would probably need to get a full car at some point. I knew Martin (Easypops) would be interested in the majority of the tasty parts so he has bought me out and now has the rest of the loot.

Ah Martin the parts hoarder and Michael the rare part custodian. Opportunists the pair of you!!

:lol: :thumbleft: