Sign in to follow this  
mrbeige

Mrs Badcrumble 2.0 16v....

All came to £162 inc delivery + £30 duty (god damn HM Customs!)

sh!tty death, that's good value - where did you buy it from?

I got it from Glen's Garage. Took a while to come, but as the dollar is so weak at the mo, it seemed the best option!

Top Dorrar that man.....can't go wrong with the old squirt!

Forget Norway, when are you getting the Turbo??!??! Come on man!!

When you do get it, the Wire is online to fit it all and test ;-)

Nice one mate, looking forward to this thread

Cheers dude...

Forget Norway, when are you getting the Turbo??!??!

Slowly slowly!!

When you do get it, the Wire is online to fit it all and test

Offering your services are ya??

Absolutely :-)

Sweet, I'll keep that in mind (probably need as much help as I can get! :oops: )

Must be built by now?????

If you need anything give me a shout, or maybe that'll be the other way round. My mate is about due to start his 16v Golf Turbo!

I guess you'll have all the same problems:

No throttle position sensor.

Distirbutor signal interface.

Injector rail and injectors.

And that's before you get to the turbo! Should be good though, the 16v turbos I've seen so far are very good.

If you want to borrow a stim board give me a shout!

Must be built by now?????

Not yet! Been busy over Christmas!!

If you need anything give me a shout, or maybe that'll be the other way round.

Think I'll be calling you dude!

I guess you'll have all the same problems:

No throttle position sensor.

Distirbutor signal interface.

Injector rail and injectors.

I do indeed! Just trying to source 20v turbo inlet manifold, fuel rail, injectors and throttle body.

Not sure about the ditributer interferance as I'm going to use a ford EDIS system for the spark.

If you want to borrow a stim board give me a shout!

Cheers for the offer, but I should be ok as I have access to an Autosim at work.

I do indeed! Just trying to source 20v turbo inlet manifold, fuel rail, injectors and throttle body.

Not sure about the ditributer interferance as I'm going to use a ford EDIS system for the spark.

Does the 20v manifold fit the 16v then? And no, you can't have the one off my wifes Golf 20VT :lol:

Quite a bit on EDIS interface on Vortex if I remember correctly.

Whats Autosim?

Does the 20v manifold fit the 16v then? And no, you can't have the one off my wifes Golf 20VT :lol:

:lol: I'm gonna get it modified to fit I think.

Quite a bit on EDIS interface on Vortex if I remember correctly.

I've read a bit on the MS website, but I'll check out Vortex

Whats Autosim?

this is an Autosim. Part of the company I work for builds them. Very handy bit of kit! It's kinda like a Stim board on steriods!

Right, started on the build of the Megasquirt today! Only done the power supply for the circuit so far, but here's a piccy....

Oh and he's a piccy of my workshop :lol:

nice one monsieur beige - was thinking how you would be getting on this morning...as mine is crappy at starting from cold in these winter morns!

nice one monsieur beige - was thinking how you would be getting on this morning...as mine is crappy at starting from cold in these winter morns!

Mines running like a pile of schitt and has been for a while, so really want to get this done. Might have sourced a 20v inlet manifold fuel rail and injectors for £50 as well, just waiting for the bloke to get back to me! Just FPR, coil pack and throttle body to find now!

mmm seems like yours is worse than mine (don't want to diss it too much, it may be listening!). Once on the move its OK - crying out for huuuge brakes and a turbo!

keep us posted anyways mate!

Whats Autosim?

this is an Autosim. Part of the company I work for builds them. Very handy bit of kit! It's kinda like a Stim board on steriods!

Nice bit of kit! I did think about doing something in Matlab or Labview but the reward for the effort is minimal, get it on the car and go play. But be careful and find somebody to either drive the car or drive MegaTune, cos trying to do both is pretty tricky, and yes... I've tried (bloody stupid I know!)

I'd love to show a picture of my workshop but it's a real tip with bits of Corrado and turbo stuff everywhere..... but hey I guess that's just the sort of stuff you guys and gals are into! :lol:

Excellent work by the way, keep going!

I'd love to show a picture of my workshop but it's a real tip with bits of Corrado and turbo stuff everywhere..... but hey I guess that's just the sort of stuff you guys and gals are into! :lol:

The workshop was a bit of a joke :lol: Its just my computer desk with a soldering iron on it!!

The workshop was a bit of a joke :lol: Its just my computer desk with a soldering iron on it!!

I love those American DIY programs when the talk about the 'Shop'. Cos everybody has a lathe, milling machine, TIG, MIG, bandsaw and 3000sqft to play in!

I love those American DIY programs when the talk about the 'Shop'. Cos everybody has a lathe, milling machine, TIG, MIG, bandsaw and 3000sqft to play in!

They do like to do things in a "big" style though don't they! I don't even havea garage or shed! Do all my "not too messy" work in the living room :lol:

They do like to do things in a "big" style though don't they! I don't even havea garage or shed! Do all my "not too messy" work in the living room :lol:

Oh noooooooo, no shed! Couldn't manage without a shed, even if it is just a little one. :(

Oh noooooooo, no shed! Couldn't manage without a shed, even if it is just a little one. :(

I know, I know, luckily the missus doesn't mind me doing car stuff in the living room, as long as it doen's involve engine oil!

Made some more prgress with the Megasquirt

Clock section done

MS_Clock_Section.jpg

Inputs section

MS_Inputs_Section.jpg

Completed

MS_Complete_Inside.jpg

Nice shiney box :lol:

MS_Complete_Outside.jpg

MSnSExtra Daughter board! Not going to put this on the engine yet, gonna get it running just with fuelling first

MSnSExtra_Daughter_Borad_In_progres.jpg

This came in the post the other day too. AGU inlet mainfold.

Inlet_Manifold.jpg

And this, fuel rail injectors and FPR. £50 for inlet manifold, fuel rail etc which I thought was a good price!

Fuel_Rail.jpg

Just need Wideband lambda, throttle body, air filter and a bit of Samco!