Tempest

Corrado Club National Day 2014

Sounds like it could be Silverstone or Bedford Autodrome.....

If it's anywhere near that far south I will not be there.

If it's anywhere near that far south I will not be there.

Shame buddy hope u manage to make it

Call into mine on the way if u want a convoy :)

Shame buddy hope u manage to make it

Call into mine on the way if u want a convoy :)

Cheer's Chris I'll keep that in mind matey.It's not that i couldn't make it it just seem's to be done for the Midland's and below plenty of other show's to go to.

Cheer's Chris I'll keep that in mind matey.It's not that i couldn't make it it just seem's to be done for the Midland's and below plenty of other show's to go to.

Fair dos buddy but would be good to have a northern turn out the more of us that turn up justifies bringing it north again

Im also north and my house is always open to you lot if you cant do the lot in one go , cos im nice im nice that

Im coming to yours anyway fuzz i wanna gallop a horsy

There was me hoping it would be south of Exeter....lol

Newbie question.... Out of interest, why hasn't the venue been released yet?

Rog.

No idea Rog it is rather tedious.

It's just a bit of fun!

In terms of doing them in the North - my memory is hazy, I'm pretty sure we did a Northern National Day some years back after much protestation about a lack of events up north.. and attendance was not exactly great. The majority of our membership is in the south of England so it makes the most sense to do the meets fairly centrally for that reason.

We've got to be sensible and cater for the majority of members, the majority of the time.

I'm leaving it up to Eric mate.. it's his idea to do this secret thing, and it wouldn't be fair of me to jump the gun. We'll release information soon :)

It's just a bit of fun!

In terms of doing them in the North - my memory is hazy, I'm pretty sure we did a Northern National Day some years back after much protestation about a lack of events up north.. and attendance was not exactly great. The majority of our membership is in the south of England so it makes the most sense to do the meets fairly centrally for that reason.

We've got to be sensible and cater for the majority of members, the majority of the time.

Well if that's the attitude I know I wont be Driving 400miles there are other shows. Tatton Park will be one plus a few up here. CCGB??

I have missed the last two work commitments, but this year I will not make it 3 times. Meld will be coming to the party

It's just a bit of fun!

Jim I understand the reasoning

Which is why is say that the more that attends from the north ie swing the balance of attendance means that it should be brought north more often.

But I also totally understand james point of view. I know its his choice to attend or not but its a very long drive for one day. If the shoe was on the other foot and the balance swang towards more often in the north. Would the members who attend now still attend?

(Playing Devils advocate now ;) )

Anyway I am sure will be there and I hope many more will be too

Dont mindvthe secret thing as fun guessing.

My next guess is a kids daycare. They are noisy right?

Jim I understand the reasoning

Which is why is say that the more that attends from the north ie swing the balance of attendance means that it should be brought north more often.

But I also totally understand james point of view. I know its his choice to attend or not but its a very long drive for one day. If the shoe was on the other foot and the balance swang towards more often in the north. Would the members who attend now still attend?

(Playing Devils advocate now ;) )

Anyway I am sure will be there and I hope many more will be too

Dont mindvthe secret thing as fun guessing.

My next guess is a kids daycare. They are noisy right?

I totally agree with what you're saying and I do understand James's point of view entirely. There are a fairly dedicated bunch from the north (such as yourself and VAG_hag) who make the effort to come to quite a few events in the south. And you're absolutely right - if we did find it was more northern members making the trip up to the meets, I've no doubt we'd look to relocate things like the National Day further up north.

James - we're trying our best to cater for the majority of members. This is the logical thing to do. If we were a money making business, we'd position ourselves where we could sell things to the most customers. That's just common sense. We're trying our best, and I'm sorry that's not good enough.

Jim, no need to apologise, it is good enough and like you say cater for the masses..

Travelling to shows is part of the fun (especially if there is a convoy)..

I can see both sides really, there's only so far I'd be willing to travel for a day out. Hats off to James to making it to Castle Combe this year as its a bloody long way, and I don't think I'd travel that far. That said it's pointless organising an event too far North if the majority aren't likely to make that sort of trip. The majority/mods going by what I can see though seem to live around the Gloucestershire and Midland areas. Perhaps they should be willing to travel a little further also though? I think it's probably time to announce the venue now though as the comments on this thread are going away from the topic.

Some of these things may be linked - rare National days in the North, leads to less members in the North, leads to less attendance when they are held there. Could we not try and alternate between north and south (using Birmingham as the centre line?) Maybe once every 5 years hold one in Scotland and Wales? Eric often manages to include a nice bonus to the day like a track opportunity, hill climb or museum and that's often enough to persuade people to become members - hence it probably makes sense to try and vary the locations a bit more widely to draw in new members? And a prize for the member who has traveled furthest to attend?

I'm up for this would be great if the venue was open Saturday (ideally early afteroon for setting up and a few social beers) for camping on the night ready for the show Sunday.

I've suggested to Tempest we announce the venue given the feedback on here. He had, quite fairly I felt, suggested he keep the date to be announced in the next issue of the club magazine but I don't reckon that'll be till about February.

Watch this space.

The amount of people that need time for planning I'd say the sooner the better , I'll probs be along to this was a hoot last time

To be honest Jim the best thing to do would have said nothing until maybe a week or so before the magazine a bit ham fisted in all honesty.