Roger Chatfield

97 in a 70, what's the probable outcome?

Afternoon chums.

Just had a nice letter from the plod, I've been caught by a camera van doing 97 on a dual carriageway (70 limit).

I've not been done for speeding for years now so am a little rusty as to what the probable outcome will be, anyone have any recent experience?

Rog.

3 points, £60 fine. Thats what i got for 93mph in a 70mph.

My mate behind me also got caught but at 82mph, he tried to contest it and pretend it must of been a cloned car, they ended up proving it was him due to his tesco parking sticker :lol: he got about £400 fine, 3 points and charged with wasting police time.

3 points, £60 fine. Thats what i got for 93mph in a 70mph.

My mate behind me also got caught but at 82mph, he tried to contest it and pretend it must of been a cloned car, they ended up proving it was him due to his tesco parking sticker :lol: He got about £400 fine, 3 points and charged with wasting police time.

ouch!!

Last time I was busted was 98 in a 60. I think it was the exiting a corner bit that upset them. I though a ban was due as it went to court. I pleaded guilty by post (sorry won't do it again grovelling letter) and got 6 points and £400 fine.

Afternoon chums.

Just had a nice letter from the plod, I've been caught by a camera van doing 97 on a dual carriageway (70 limit).

I've not been done for speeding for years now so am a little rusty as to what the probable outcome will be, anyone have any recent experience?

Rog.

sorry to hear that Rog - hope its ok in the end

As has been said best case 3 points and a fine , they will take into account your driving history etc , so everyone is different . You might get to go on one of them driver awareness courses , 5 hours of sleeping in a classroom for a few hundred quid there errr quite boring

As has been said best case 3 points and a fine , they will take into account your driving history etc , so everyone is different . You might get to go on one of them driver awareness courses , 5 hours of sleeping in a classroom for a few hundred quid there errr quite boring

Think there only 100 quid and yes very boring luckily on my table was sat something very pretty to look at lol

26mph over the speed limit is a court appearance I thought. So typically 6 points and a 2-400 quid fine.

I thought driver awareness courses were for people just over the speed limit?

Hopefully just 3 points and a fine :)

I got the awareness course for 52 in a 40. I seem to recall that being offered instead of fine/court straight away. I can only assume if they haven't offered it, it would be a fine and points.

20 miles over the speed limit = court. Court will issue 6 points plus fine plus victim surcharge. I'd say £400 is a reasonable estimate. (Can also throw in community service!!).

Over 100mph is a ban.

Little update, I've had another letter from plod, due to the high speed my case can only be delt with in court, just wait for a date.

Rog.