thamouse1981

Wheeler dealer corrado for sale

Looking forward to seeing this too. Got to agree with the above, why talk down the values of the cars we all obviously like? I think it's a fair price for what'll be a sorted car for someone :)

gona be good to see this, will it be available to watch online at all?. I think the price is good considering whats been done, buy a cheap one and your forever replacing parts and dealing with the hassle of it,

Well based on the fact the fiat panda got 2500 the Corrado, if there were any justice, would get 10k

gona be good to see this, will it be available to watch online at all?. I think the price is good considering whats been done, buy a cheap one and your forever replacing parts and dealing with the hassle of it,

Unfortunately won't available to watch online (legally) as it's a series shown on Discovery.

To be fair i think they will sell theirs for close to asking price, as you get the added bonus of being on tv:) on the flipside if this was a non wheeler dealer car with the mileage it has and the price would people expect it to have history of timing chains being changed?

well being a curious sort i did ring up and this has no history of timing chains being changed and it wasn't something that was done by their mechanics. So realistically anyone buying this would have to factor that into future expenditure

Not entirely a surprise I wouldn't think. Ultimately the timing chains is a big job and Wheeler Dealers has always been more about fixing the stuff that needed fixing to get it roadworthy again, rather than a full top to bottom restoration (except for some special exceptions). Not sure a Corrado really warrants a total overhaul really so no surprise that the chains were overlooked.

Would have been a good job to demonstrate but hopefully the tensioners and chains are in good shape on this one.

Yes I think he said the mechanics had a good look around it and they didn't think they needed to be done. Still at that mileage from a buyers perspective it would be a peace of mind preventative measure.

Its a bit sloppy of them considering it has had a clutch, an extra 2 hours and £250 in parts (most likely free from ECP anyway)would have seen the job through.

I can't actually remember anyone chains snapping being reported on here in recent times?

If the car had been a storm would it have been snapped up by now?

I think the only time the chain snaps is when it becomes so slack or when teeth jump and pistons hit valves, locking the cam solid.....something's gotta give!

Maybe they put the infamous "Karmann" interior badge on and a couple of "Storm" ones too - should fetch a premium! ;)

As for the chains, it's a fear we all live with on the high milers - I'm saving at the moment as I'll inevitably need a new clutch, master and slave cylinders and the chains done for peace of mind at around 120K. Biggest problem is getting quality parts and someone who knows what they are doing. I don't have a ramp or lift and no garage, so there are limits to what I can do myself.

@ Chris L

Exactly a good VR should go for 5K and brilliant ones for 10K i think sellers need to just up their prices because people are stealing them at the moment.

G60 prices on the other hand make me sad can anyone sell one for over 3-4K currently ? the prices on them have stalled for 5 years now. considering there cant be more than 700 left and god knows how many still have the original PG block with G-ladder?

Point of interest..... Just checked the viewing figures for the show. Last week was 296,000 .... So.... When the Corrado actually airs. It's going to have nearly a third of a million new fans

I think the g60 in standard top spec kit will be worth more eventually than a similar vr6? Because they were first and will be rare as hens teeth unmolested and mint. But who knows. Who's got the money or space to keep one for that long

does the fact that a vr6 has not had the chains done effect the selling process that much? your opinions would be gratefully received please guys, as some of you are aware i am in the process of getting my storm ready to sell, and she has not had chains replaced, so taking this into consideration i am reflecting the fact that she has not had the chains done in the asking price, i am unable to do this myself and to be fair with a job that huge, professionally replaced is the only way to go with my girl, but its soooo expensive, is it a cost i should just go for to help me sell her? and if i did then she would be up for sale at £9-10k instead of £5-6k as she will be the only mystic blue storm in fantastic condition for sale in the UK at the present time

what do i do? :shrug::scratch: