KARMANN

N333PPP Turbocharged Storm

I thought it was about to time to start a gallery for this car.

The car is well known to the forum as it was previously owned by Nick n3p on here.

Last year it was put up for sale whilst I was in the market for a weekend car. Having had two Corrados before and knowing them well I was steered away from things like TVRs and straight towards Nicks car. Pretty quickly the deal was done and I was heading back to Scotland at a rate of knots with a big grin.

The car has had allot done to it by Nick, turbocharged at stealth at 425bhp & I believe 430lbft, recaro leather front seats, a lovely satnav/digital radio install with cup holders, KW2 adjustable coil-overs, Tarox 6 pot front brakes and a leather trimmed dash.

I enjoyed the car for a few months before dealing with items that needed attention. Water ingress above the front window had caused a fair amount of rust, the boot also had rust at the number plate light and just under the window seal. To fix these the car needed to be removed from the road, and whilst at it I decided to do allot more.

Things that I addressed at this time include; stripping the sunroof mechanism (sourcing the sliders that break) and repairing, removing the spoiler motor/worm cleaning it out greasing and refitting as it was slightly shuddery before, it now moves smoothly. The digital radio wasn't great with a window mounted aerial, so I sourced an oem looking aerial that required a power supply and wired it in. I now have endless amounts of stations available. The interior roof lining got a gentle but much needed clean while it was out of the car. I also primed and painted the interior plastics from the rear window as the cream had been scuffed over the years. The dash was missing the front staggered window vents as they had been covered by the leather. So I carefully sourced the holes and made openings before fitting little inserts to allow the air through. The passengers side under dash tray was the wrong tray for the car, PurpleTom on here helped with providing the correct tray as well as a new front bumper that got sprayed and fitted while the rust issues were being fixed. While fixing the dash tray I removed an unbelievable amount of wiring that was running back and fourth through the car from old music systems. Clumpy on here helped with a number of interior trim parts in cream for the front of the interior as many were cracked or broken. He also gave me a complete set of rubber pedal covers and leather trimmed rear speaker mounts. I decided to bite the bullet and fit the Audi TT wiper upgrade to the front and have the rear wiper deleted and filled. Whilst the front bumper was off I removed the old radiator and fitted a new alloy rad and slim-line fan set up and renewed the expansion tank for a clean one. At that time I also fitted the uprated headlight loom that's being manufactured on here. Next up were the rear brakes, I decided to upgrade them to the MK4 golf setup with new disks and pads. I was planning to renew the pads on the front for piece of mind but when I realised how much the Tarox pads are I decided to wait until they need done. I still wasn't entirely happy with how the car was riding on the road, both in terms of handling and comfort, it just felt heavy. The problem was the BBS CHs were 8.5wide with stretched tyres. The wheels cleared the huge brakes but with proper tyres the arches would be a serious issue. After many hours spent looking though google images at wheel options I decided it still had to be BBS the car ran. I couldn't decide between RS301s and BBS LMs. After researching I was put off the RSs purely from the maintenance aspect. I sourced a set of LM090 from Budapest, they refurbished them for me and sent them out. Fitment over the front brakes was always to be a shot in the dark. So spacers went on and they just clear without risking rubbing the arches on normal roads. Immediately the handling improved and the steering was what I recalled from my previous experience with Cs. I then took the car to a well known local racecar setup shop and got the tracking and everything done, this only improved it more. Easypops on here helped me with a front bumper carrier as on one side it had sagged, either by hitting a pheasant at 60 or broke while refitting the bumper after paint. The pheasant also forced my hand into buying a pair of new front indicators. There are many more little bits and bobs that have been addressed over the last 9 months, but its 1:45 in the morning and my brain is slowly shutting down.

Two weeks ago I took the car to get the swirling and holograms removed from the paintwork, and I must say im delighted with the work. He also removed dents and got the interior carpets looking like new again.

I have a short-shifter to fit in the next week or two and then it'll be VW Festival!!

The car is by no means a show car and will need paint in the coming years. I doubt it will ever become a garage bunny either, its here to be used and it will certainly be used!

Its been great getting to know these cars again, and the VW people around them.

Im going to attempt to attach some pictures.

Fraser

IMG_6169_zpseh5bixkx.jpg

IMG_6168_zpsksgavdsk.jpg

IMG_6128_zpse6byjgnh.jpg

IMG_6125_zpsfcnsdlqv.jpg

Edited by KARMANN

love this car, only one that would bring me back into corrado ownership, was so tempted when it was for sale, you seem to be taking it to the next level, so jealous

What a great list of upgrades you've done there, and I adore the LMs!

I remember seeing this at National day at Bruntingthorpe 2014 where it won best car, but I also remember quite a few flaws as you'd mentioned above. Glad you've addressed them as this is one hell of a good car now! :thumbleft:

Didn't think this car could be improved any more but guess you live and learn. Awesome stuff.

Saw this in the flesh a few weeks ago, absolutely lovely car, even my missus(who has seen plenty of Corrado's turn up here) said how nice it was.....praise indeed :)

excellent to see this is still on this forum :)

my VR was at stealth when this was being turbo'd & i loved watching it progress

i wanted this one for myself too lol

I'm so glad the car is in good hands, towards the end I lost all momentum! Looks fantastic, I'd always considered LMs - excellent taste!

I hope you're all doing well :)

PS - Is the spoiler stuck up now?

I thought it was about to time to start a gallery for this car.

The car is well known to the forum as it was previously owned by Nick n3p on here.

Last year it was put up for sale whilst I was in the market for a weekend car. Having had two Corrados before and knowing them well I was steered away from things like TVRs and straight towards Nicks car. Pretty quickly the deal was done and I was heading back to Scotland at a rate of knots with a big grin.

The car has had allot done to it by Nick, turbocharged at stealth at 425bhp & I believe 430lbft, recaro leather front seats, a lovely satnav/digital radio install with cup holders, KW2 adjustable coil-overs, Tarox 6 pot front brakes and a leather trimmed dash.

I enjoyed the car for a few months before dealing with items that needed attention. Water ingress above the front window had caused a fair amount of rust, the boot also had rust at the number plate light and just under the window seal. To fix these the car needed to be removed from the road, and whilst at it I decided to do allot more.

Things that I addressed at this time include; stripping the sunroof mechanism (sourcing the sliders that break) and repairing, removing the spoiler motor/worm cleaning it out greasing and refitting as it was slightly shuddery before, it now moves smoothly. The digital radio wasn't great with a window mounted aerial, so I sourced an oem looking aerial that required a power supply and wired it in. I now have endless amounts of stations available. The interior roof lining got a gentle but much needed clean while it was out of the car. I also primed and painted the interior plastics from the rear window as the cream had been scuffed over the years. The dash was missing the front staggered window vents as they had been covered by the leather. So I carefully sourced the holes and made openings before fitting little inserts to allow the air through. The passengers side under dash tray was the wrong tray for the car, PurpleTom on here helped with providing the correct tray as well as a new front bumper that got sprayed and fitted while the rust issues were being fixed. While fixing the dash tray I removed an unbelievable amount of wiring that was running back and fourth through the car from old music systems. Clumpy on here helped with a number of interior trim parts in cream for the front of the interior as many were cracked or broken. He also gave me a complete set of rubber pedal covers and leather trimmed rear speaker mounts. I decided to bite the bullet and fit the Audi TT wiper upgrade to the front and have the rear wiper deleted and filled. Whilst the front bumper was off I removed the old radiator and fitted a new alloy rad and slim-line fan set up and renewed the expansion tank for a clean one. At that time I also fitted the uprated headlight loom that's being manufactured on here. Next up were the rear brakes, I decided to upgrade them to the MK4 golf setup with new disks and pads. I was planning to renew the pads on the front for piece of mind but when I realised how much the Tarox pads are I decided to wait until they need done. I still wasn't entirely happy with how the car was riding on the road, both in terms of handling and comfort, it just felt heavy. The problem was the BBS CHs were 8.5wide with stretched tyres. The wheels cleared the huge brakes but with proper tyres the arches would be a serious issue. After many hours spent looking though google images at wheel options I decided it still had to be BBS the car ran. I couldn't decide between RS301s and BBS LMs. After researching I was put off the RSs purely from the maintenance aspect. I sourced a set of LM090 from Budapest, they refurbished them for me and sent them out. Fitment over the front brakes was always to be a shot in the dark. So spacers went on and they just clear without risking rubbing the arches on normal roads. Immediately the handling improved and the steering was what I recalled from my previous experience with Cs. I then took the car to a well known local racecar setup shop and got the tracking and everything done, this only improved it more. Easypops on here helped me with a front bumper carrier as on one side it had sagged, either by hitting a pheasant at 60 or broke while refitting the bumper after paint. The pheasant also forced my hand into buying a pair of new front indicators. There are many more little bits and bobs that have been addressed over the last 9 months, but its 1:45 in the morning and my brain is slowly shutting down.

Two weeks ago I took the car to get the swirling and holograms removed from the paintwork, and I must say im delighted with the work. He also removed dents and got the interior carpets looking like new again.

I have a short-shifter to fit in the next week or two and then it'll be VW Festival!!

The car is by no means a show car and will need paint in the coming years. I doubt it will ever become a garage bunny either, its here to be used and it will certainly be used!

Its been great getting to know these cars again, and the VW people around them.

Im going to attempt to attach some pictures.

Fraser

IMG_6169_zpseh5bixkx.jpg

IMG_6168_zpsksgavdsk.jpg

IMG_6128_zpse6byjgnh.jpg

IMG_6125_zpsfcnsdlqv.jpg

Nice car. Where did you get the sunroof thingy upgrades from ? Thanks Scott.

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Tapatalk

Hi folks, thanks for the comments. Hi Nick, no the spoiler isn't stuck up, it was only up for cleaning before the pictures.

Hi Scott, if I remember correctly I think it was a Russian website I got them from. To be honest the cost a fortune and it was a bit of a leap of faith as I cant read Russian.

I've still to fire some pictures up of VW festival last week. Had a great time on the Saturday, sorry i never managed to chat to everyone. Some great cars though!

Fraser

absolutely bang on. How do you find it with regards to putting down that amount of power?

It copes with the power surprisingly well. It used to have 8.5inch wide wheels with stretched tyres. It struggled a bit with those. I'm now running 7.5 with appropriately wide tyres and its fine. It has a Quaife LSD which also helps. In the wet or moist ground it'll definitely spin its wheels through the gears.

Fraser

Hi folks, thought I would add in a little update on the car and add a few pictures. As the dark winter months drew in, I decided to fit a set of inpro front lights for the winter. I have an uprated loom fitted but these really did help. Not sure im sold on them though, as they are cheaply built and the design is for the earlier cars. So I suspect they will be coming off again the next few weeks. I also purchased a set of smoked rears, again, these may well be removed for the summer. The car pretty much sat outside all winter as we were extending our house, so the garage became the workers tool store. I also ventured onto Knockhill with it, I must say , I can see why people become addicted to track days. I took it very easily around the circuit, the thought of kerbing a wheel or spinning off terrified me. I did however make the most of the straights, not a thing could keep up with it in a straight line. I was utterly impressed considering there was allot of powerful modern machinery, RS3s, M3s, M4s, Subarus and a Honda NSX (THE OLD ONE). Plans for the car this year, are to use it as much as possible and continue working through fixing anything that pops up. Im doing the north coast 500 in may, with a few friends, they will be on bikes and another friend will be in a TVR Tuscan. Fitted a new crank position sensor during the week, fiddly as hell using a little allen key.

thumbnail_image11%202_zpsvsccvcrb.jpg

thumbnail_image31%202_zpsuvn0oujf.jpg

thumbnail_image11_zpsxzjfjk96.jpg

Was I speaking with you at glamis last year? I had the white corrado.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sh#t I wish this was my C. maybe when mine grows up a little and is roadworthy this is the way it wants to be.

Awesome mate, congratulations on an amazing motor for others to look up to. And to give me more of an incentive

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Looks lovely although I am not sold on the aftermarket lights I'm afraid. Still the best colour though and I love the LM's on it!