Storm Warning

Window scraper - Remanufacture

Did you ever get anywhere with this? Painting my car and both sides have ended up bent upon removal

Here is an option but will have to ship over from the States , I asked Anna from VW Heritage to see if they can strike a relationship with them but heard nothing back.

http://vintagerubber.com/volkswagen/corrado/

Here is an option but will have to ship over from the States , I asked Anna from VW Heritage to see if they can strike a relationship with them but heard nothing back.

http://vintagerubber.com/volkswagen/corrado/

Cheers seen those on my search travels be too costly for me especially with shipping costs

I did also find some people in the states use ford cougar ones with a bit of modification but not really any of them about over here anyone found any models over here we can use/mod to fit?

I do have one drivers one left on a door off my old car that was new when that got painted but that was over ten year ago and it's been sat in a garden under a tarp so can't see it just sliding off!

Also could do with both sides... Got a paint job planned but want to stock up on some seals first.. Spoke with VW Heritage who said demand for the Corrado doesn't justify trying to arrange or source another production run! I've read some chat on Classicparts.de arranging another production run in the next 2-3 months, although someone else says they've been saying that for the last year!

Any further chat on an aftermarket option?

I think whoever comes up with the passenger side one will make a mint. 200 will shift in a couple of weeks when word gets about. I have 2 drivers ones but no passenger ones, used my last one on my old blackberry cause the one I put on was a couple of mill out and annoyed me, not as annoying as not having one now for a door I want spraying on this.

Got to put a photo in lol

Hi, I would be very interested in these too. I have a new drivers side, but need a passenger side too, and would buy 2 of the left and one of the right, to ensure I have a spare.

Someone did a run of 16" wheels for the Corrado a while back by getting pledges from those that wanted a set, and it was a massive success, so I'm sure it could work with the scraper seals too.

Here's hoping.

Count me in.

Its one of the few items stalling my much needed respray.

I asked on a corrado facebook group and some e said there was some being made soon, but now I can't find the post saying who was Making them, dam facebook

Also the inside scrapers the one that has the trim that runs on top the the door card(think it comes in two parts), rare as hens teeth these days. They can crack and look awful inside the car .

Vintage rubber in the USA do all of these , I wish heritage could get a batch of samples over , hey ho !

I looked at Vintage Rubber in the US a while back, and got nowhere. I used to go the US a couple of times a year, so that would have been perfect for bringing some back, haven't been in a while now though, and have no immediate plans for going back either.

I have a very late front grill , after speaking to Vince he explained to me that the very late grills (last year or so) only have one opening to Chanel air into the radiator . I have now ordered a late style grill to help cool the radiator which has three opening vents. The reason they blocked the grills was to help with emissions apparently but crap for cooling.

Run out grills blocked

[ATTACH=CONFIG]97278[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]97279[/ATTACH]

Not aware of the emissions reason... thought it was just for countries in northern climates...

I changed my grill too.

I looked at Vintage Rubber in the US a while back, and got nowhere. I used to go the US a couple of times a year, so that would have been perfect for bringing some back, haven't been in a while now though, and have no immediate plans for going back either.

I'm pretty sure they would send some free samples to Heritage , at the end of the day if a retailer has a platform to sell their products in Europe why wouldn't they, just need a UK supplier who is willing to pick up the phone and chat , just need a enthusiastic buyer and product researcher working for one of these companies really.

Outer scrapers from Vintage Rubber work out to around £104 each, would they be cheaper than this if they were available in UK.

Outer scrapers from Vintage Rubber work out to around £104 each, would they be cheaper than this if they were available in UK.

Takes you to be careful with import tax on anything from the USA - has caught a lot of people out

Takes you to be careful with import tax on anything from the USA - has caught a lot of people out

Don't I know it. I got some grease for the sunroof from the US, and the tax more than doubled the price!!

Both left and right scraper seals are listed at Vintage Rubber, and neither are in stock, but it does look like they do intend to get stock in.

So there is hope...

Edited by Todge

Thread resurrection!

I recently messaged classic parts about the scraper seals and they would be interested to know how many people would be interested in a set.

Maybe if we can get a list together and there is enough quantities they may push a batch through?

Count me in

1 ChrisL

2 Cressa

People can add to it, let's see how long it gets. Well done in messaging them

Thread resurrection!

I recently messaged classic parts about the scraper seals and they would be interested to know how many people would be interested in a set.

Maybe if we can get a list together and there is enough quantities they may push a batch through?

Just copy and paste the phone directory or take the names off the free beer petition .