Keyo

Black magic returns home

I had an eyebrow trim on mine when I bought it. Whoever had fitted it just screwed it on with self tappers to the headlight surrounds. 😣 One of the first things to go in the bin!

20 hours ago, tonedef said:

There were times when I shut the garage doors and ignored it hoping it would go away! My eldest daughter now tells me I'm leaving it to her in my will, she was 5 and siting in a booster seat when we bought the valver.

Well sounds like the destiny of the car is truly concluded ha! 

20 hours ago, Cressa said:

Keyo, strange question mate. Is the Shrick lettering raised or sunken in?

Mine says ltd edition on the side and sunken think its worth more - only joking raised script chap. 

19 hours ago, tony_ack said:

Looks absolutely incredible mate, a testament to your pursuit of perfection!

Thanks Tony much appreciated. 

19 hours ago, g0ldf1ng3r said:

great video that Keyo

you termed that right, most are very max power lol

TBH i think ive only ever seen a handful of these kits in the 20 years ive been driving a Corrado. 

1 was in an age old for sale ad over in the US, 2012 or something IIRC - 1 is on my 16v and the other is being fitted to the VR

i even spoke to Kamei in Germany quite a few years ago & they checked if there was any lingering on their shelves, sadly not

damn it i cant wait to get the VR back, its been gone more than double the estimated time now

Same with the front indicator lenses - please can you make the effort to make them look the original Hella ones. 

I was researching these kits and came across this thread. There was one in America selling them made by freedom designs - not sure if they were a copy of the X1 or the USA dealers for kamei. Company was called  Rocky Mountain Motorworks and were purchased by another company called mid america motorworks . 

https://www.mamotorworks.com/vw

https://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?2413711-FS-Brand-New-Kamei-(aka-Freedom-Design)-FULL-Body-kit-for-Corrado

Read this thread has some excellent info and links for the different types of bodykits . 

http://vwcorrado.freecarblogs.com/2009/02/03/corrado-body-kits-bumpers-and-spoilers/

Edited by Keyo

19 minutes ago, Keyo said:

Same with the front indicator lenses - please can you make the effort to make them look the original Hella ones. 

I was researching these kits and came across this thread. There was one in America selling them made by freedom designs - not sure if they were a copy of the X1 or the USA dealers for kamei. Company was called  Rocky Mountain Motorworks and were purchased by another company called mid america motorworks . 

https://www.mamotorworks.com/vw

https://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?2413711-FS-Brand-New-Kamei-(aka-Freedom-Design)-FULL-Body-kit-for-Corrado

Read this thread has some excellent info and links for the different types of bodykits . 

http://vwcorrado.freecarblogs.com/2009/02/03/corrado-body-kits-bumpers-and-spoilers/

Thanks keyo will take a look at the links

I recall the freedom Design brand & yes as far as i know they were a US copy of Kamei - sadly i hit a dead end investigating them as well

i guess i have been lucky lenses as i have a very good pair of indicators in place of the old & also still have the Hella fog lenses which came with the car when i brought it, also being fitted as part of the refurb

should anyone reading this post have any interest in it i have an original Zender over spoiler in the loft which i would part with for some gold coinage - https://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?3028246-FS-Super-Rare-NOS-Zender-Corrado-Full-Bumper-Set-(front-rear)-699

11 minutes ago, g0ldf1ng3r said:

Thanks keyo will take a look at the links

I recall the freedom Design brand & yes as far as i know they were a US copy of Kamei - sadly i hit a dead end investigating them as well

i guess i have been lucky lenses as i have a very good pair of indicators in place of the old & also still have the Hella fog lenses which came with the car when i brought it, also being fitted as part of the refurb

should anyone reading this post have any interest in it i have an original Zender over spoiler in the loft which i would part with for some gold coinage - https://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?3028246-FS-Super-Rare-NOS-Zender-Corrado-Full-Bumper-Set-(front-rear)-699

Hold on before you sell them I have seen this for sale - maybe build the kit up for your 16V Rado- they do say up to 08/91 or I would of got them for my VR, Oh I like some rocker covers on a car . 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-CORRADO-ZENDER-SIDE-SIDE-SKIRTS-PAIR-G60-2-DOOR-COUPE-4-639-01-3-GENUINE/111702505089?hash=item1a01fcf681:g:44UAAOSwT6pVih71

Edited by Keyo

11 minutes ago, Keyo said:

Hold on before you sell them I have seen this for sale - maybe build the kit up for your 16V Rado- they do say up to 08/91 or I would of got them for my VR, Oh I like some rocker covers on a car . 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-CORRADO-ZENDER-SIDE-SIDE-SKIRTS-PAIR-G60-2-DOOR-COUPE-4-639-01-3-GENUINE/111702505089?hash=item1a01fcf681:g:44UAAOSwT6pVih71

ha ha no need to worry there lol the only thing i would ever sell is the Zender over spoiler

Just seen the shipping cost 225 dollars from Australia that makes them not a good buy ouch !  Someone will love that Zender spoiler saw one on ebay for 500 euro the other day. 

Edited by Keyo

19 minutes ago, Keyo said:

Just seen the shipping cost 225 dollars from Australia that makes them not a good buu ouch !  Someone will love that Zender spoiler saw one on ebay for 500 euro the other day. 

holy cow!!!  i think i may be going up in the loft on the weekend & getting the Zender up on ebay LOL

7 hours ago, seanl82 said:

I had an eyebrow trim on mine when I bought it. Whoever had fitted it just screwed it on with self tappers to the headlight surrounds. 😣 One of the first things to go in the bin!

Sean I wonder if your car use to be owned by user Walesy .  sixth post down first page. 

Edited by Keyo

10 hours ago, Keyo said:

Sean I wonder if your car use to be owned by user Walesy .  sixth post down first page. 

It had lived in North Wales before the PO to me had it (see the first post in my member gallery!) though Walesy was around on the forum for a few years after I started on here and nothing was ever mentioned - it could have been through utter embarrassment at the state of the bodges though! Nobody has recognised it as a forum car prior though, so probably just coincidence.

58 minutes ago, seanl82 said:

It had lived in North Wales before the PO to me had it (see the first post in my member gallery!) though Walesy was around on the forum for a few years after I started on here and nothing was ever mentioned - it could have been through utter embarrassment at the state of the bodges though! Nobody has recognised it as a forum car prior though, so probably just coincidence.

Probably but the fact his user name is Wales  y  - hum - the evidence is adding up lol.  

29 minutes ago, Keyo said:

Probably but the fact his user name is Wales  y  - hum - the evidence is adding up lol.  

Looking through his profile and previous posts, he joined in 2005 and had a 2.0 8v, and lives/d in Cardiff so unfortunately not. Be nice to see some online history of my car though

35 minutes ago, 1xshaunx1 said:

Sean have you tried the old mot checker to get an idea of mileage and mot problems. 

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/

Yeah I've got all that and a decent history dating back for the life of the car.

I've googled the reg in the past but don't get anything from an enthusiast/forum perspective, which is what I meant by having an online history

Tried to get some better pictures tonight as the sun seemed prefect. Now on 200 miles in two days.  Loving the D & W Momo so much nicer in the hands then a stock wheel, makes the car feel special like a Porsche.  . The Black Magic pearl really pops on a low sun. 

b1 (2).jpg

b3 (2).jpg

b5 (2).jpg

b6 (2).jpg

b7 (2).jpg

b4.jpg

Edited by Keyo

Looks stunning! Must be so much fun being on duty to put some miles on it! 

I love that Corrado vr6 by the door! 

1 minute ago, ABV-VR6 said:

Looks stunning! Must be so much fun being on duty to put some miles on it! 

I love that Corrado vr6 by the door! 

Bit of a bonus the car came with them- you can get them from Spoonfed tuning from the States ABV. my car also came with their deep pile carpets and boot , excellent quality- just glad I didnt have to pay them !

Ya, very lucky! Those haven't been in production for years now I'm afraid... I did get my carbon fiber license plate holder from them as well! Cheers 

Is this anyone's old corrado VR6 in a secret junkyard hidden deep in the English countryside    N98 DRF full leather interior in good condition and quite complete. Last MOT recorded 2008, 

Edited by Keyo

7 minutes ago, fendervg said:

Lol: Jurassic Park springs to mind.

Looks some good parts on the car Fen. Interior worth 1K . 

Yeah - the seats look great. Good luck getting the interior out and off site -  those lads weren't trespassing, even  though it's made to look like they were. Personally, I'd like to get hold of the Jensen Interceptor!

Reached a bit of a milestone today with my MK 16V back now, completed the renovation of my classic vags - im sure something will fail soon though ha ! Really would like to thank Vince from Stealth for helping me achieve this and help off forum members. The white mk7 will be going soon so thought I would snap them all together, I want to daily the corrado this summer and use the golf the MK2 golf in winter. Although the MK7 is a great car I have no real attachment to it so not really sad to see it go to be honest , the other two are staying long put and when everything is electric or hydrogen I can hopefully still have these to play with. 

vag1.jpg

vag2.jpg

vag3.jpg

vag4.jpg

vag5.jpg

vag10.jpg

Edited by Keyo

What a beautiful family picture! Very nice mate, super nice! Everything is going well with the Corrado so far? What's the wife will drive when the mk7 is gone 😉

Cheers! 

fantastic line up mate 

Each morning i am ,sure you pause and say "which will i drive today"

those cars are a credit to you - best of luck with them.