Keyo

Black magic returns home

2 minutes ago, 1xshaunx1 said:

Are you going to do it up a bit then before the shows start 🤣😂🤣🤣

There might be a couple more special bits I might fit wink wink . 

Looking nice. What's the brakeline you went for - is it a braided version? I need a couple of the same fo mine. Does it join all the back at the hard line?

Lovely sight! Nice to see the 6th gear box making a peek-a-boo. Can't wait to hear about it! Cheers 

Just now, ABV-VR6 said:

Lovely sight! Nice to see the 6th gear box making a peek-a-boo. Can't wait to hear about it! Cheers 

Very observant mate . 

4 minutes ago, seanl82 said:

Get those drive shafts powder coated, they're letting the side down! 😆

I know I thought that when I saw the picture - it’s had new lemforder. Track rods to so it is seriously letting down the picture  - not to rusty to be be fair just need a good clean . 

Edited by Keyo

On 11/20/2021 at 10:21 PM, ABV-VR6 said:

Sounds like a good plan to me! Can't wait to enjoy mine one day as well... Cheers! 

68F62C2B-CFC4-4B9F-AED7-63F6949F6DA5.png

Over the moon build complete now - just a brief video of my first experience of the vwms box - final build sheet to . 

3AEB80F6-B1D8-4F24-834F-84EF0B779DB5.jpeg

A3B2DD4C-FC7B-4C70-8606-C6426F9DFFE7.jpeg

DA7CF126-F4C9-4163-A8E6-1F1FC5C28124.jpeg

327DC53F-B670-4BB9-870C-892984E15862.jpeg

058DB0F6-2DCE-4DDC-BD08-2714DC139306.jpeg

C735E837-D377-481B-A193-DB6BEFE01B2E.jpeg

8D19B978-7E67-4544-95D3-391E896A734F.jpeg

0811DA2E-C5BF-467A-BD3F-FC133121AA26.jpeg

C865BDE7-0F40-42F4-BD02-35080246693D.jpeg

Just now, fla said:

great update Keyo, that Gemini will be fantastic to use!

Thanks very much fla

It transforms the car it feels like an autobahn stormer in the high gears now  - well worth it guys my advice get one whilst you can as Andre from Gemini is heading towards his 70s and his a company built on one mans knowledge really. Vince is your man to build it up as he use to work for them many years ago. Now i have got to wash the car and under belly as drove back today from Stealth on salt ridden roads grrrr- hate that. 

All lovely, I'm not too jealous. Be nice to put it on a track or a rolling road. 

But you have got to change the oil sump and bolts for shiny ones too 😊

Just now, Cressa said:

All lovely, I'm not too jealous. Be nice to put it on a track or a rolling road. 

But you have got to change the oil sump and bolts for shiny ones too 😊

I did attempt that and got some off VW International but they were too long- genuine vag ones to . 

2 hours ago, Keyo said:

I did attempt that and got some off VW International but they were too long- genuine vag ones to . 

There are 2 types/sizes of bolts. If you have an earlier fibre gasket it uses shorter bolts. For the later type rubber gasket, it's thicker so uses longer bolts. Can't remember the sizes of each but I'm sure you'll find them on Zap7VW. 😉

1 hour ago, seanl82 said:

There are 2 types/sizes of bolts. If you have an earlier fibre gasket it uses shorter bolts. For the later type rubber gasket, it's thicker so uses longer bolts. Can't remember the sizes of each but I'm sure you'll find them on Zap7VW. 😉

Its actually tactical to taunt you and cressa car ocd lol.  

1 minute ago, ger040 said:

The car looks absolutely amazing - would love to have a drive in it !!

Nice one Geri Im looking forward to summer all right- I sent you a PM about that engine just as was chatting to Vince today and he pulled up the invoice for me off his computer- car was last worked on 20 years back.  

Edited by Keyo

43 minutes ago, Keyo said:

Its actually tactical to taunt you and cressa car ocd lol.  

Haha, just seems counter productive and much more expensive in the long run with the drive shafts, as they would have been removed to fit the gearbox and hubs anyway. Same with your engine rebuild, the sump would have been off with a new gasket fitted, so seems a shame not to have had it powder coated and new bolts put on is all. I understand you've got to stop somewhere though mate, costs spiral as it is without wanting to change every single component whilst you're there. Everything else just seems so shiny in comparison though! Lol.

If the CVs are good, could just mask them up and rub down/wire wheel the shafts and spray some hammerite on them maybe? Same with sump maybe, and just change bolts one at a time torquing up to spec (25nm iirc) to save the hassle of dropping it with new oil and changing the gasket as well. 👍

Edited by seanl82

2 hours ago, seanl82 said:

If the CVs are good, could just mask them up and rub down/wire wheel the shafts and spray some hammerite on them maybe? Same with sump maybe, and just change bolts one at a time torquing up to spec (25nm iirc) to save the hassle of dropping it with new oil and changing the gasket as well. 👍

Yeah I might do the bolts one at a time that works - pictures above I cleaned the drive shaft whilst there and in good nick👍

My next project is boxing all my part hoards into boxes this is just the start - tote boxes are very handy . Not even touched the loft yet it’s a nightmare but you have to have spares to keep 3 classic Vw going and I’ve collected a fair few garage clear outs in the past mostly when folks are moving house . 

C92D480B-EE98-49CD-90A9-45E79699CA28.jpeg

1BAA9CED-3886-4379-BA88-2B748B7F1088.jpeg

DAB4E7AA-BD31-4691-832A-0AA3887E7602.jpeg

26EADDA3-020C-4714-8617-1BDB8CF347B2.jpeg

FD86885E-0CB7-40BF-83E3-B663D3CD4BC7.jpeg

D9B5AE79-04EB-4CA4-BE69-1641F7FD65CE.jpeg

E1182420-8105-49E3-AB56-EBA226237BF6.jpeg

Edited by Keyo

Quite a collection mate! Very nice! 

Do you feel a "big" difference between the 5th (0.79) and the 6th (0.75)gear? Must have been a great feeling the first time you shifted it into 6th!!

I should do lime you and start writing things down as I forgot some already! Cheers 

2 hours ago, ABV-VR6 said:

Quite a collection mate! Very nice! 

Do you feel a "big" difference between the 5th (0.79) and the 6th (0.75)gear? Must have been a great feeling the first time you shifted it into 6th!!

I should do lime you and start writing things down as I forgot some already! Cheers 

Yes mate it pulls very strong in the high gears now -  the car feels like a proper autobahn stomper now with the semi helicut top gears feels more torque for sure. Cant wait for summer a stock vr would stand no chance against this car now on the motorway great upgrade totally recommend.

Top picture 6th at 70 mph

Bottom picture 5th 70 mph. 

537D651B-D2E9-4BA4-9DAF-1BA49C68FF77.jpeg

5905968E-75AD-4487-A317-2F8A19619DFA.png

Edited by Keyo

Can't ask for a better review mate, thanks! I'm very happy for you, it's nice to do an upgrade that is worth it. I guess the combination of thus and VSR is the perfect match. Too bad it's that expensive with that weak Canadian money... Thank you!