Grande GTi

Ricky's Blackberry VR6

So first and Foremost Hello All.

Corrado journey started in 2018 for me, I've had a couple of my friends badgering me and tellin my how good they were and finally for personal reason i felt i best give it a shot, It started.

First Corrado I had was a 1994 VR6 2.9 130k, leather drove like a dream but i wasnt sold on it as it needed paint and the previous owner had waxoiled all over the bolts etc.

1C355CEB-94C9-4284-8893-161C40F1342B_2.JPG

B211E40B-5951-4D4B-917E-266EE278262C.JPG

A friend of mine a guy thats very well known amoungst the Corrado Family Sukh (Westside SLC VRT) offered me his current Corrado not the VRT as that was sold years ago, but a better spec than my last so i bought this

Mileage is in the 200k but the chains have been done, paints Tidy, currently on Stillstatic H&R Coilovers, Recaro Elec Seats and few more bit.

I've been working through my list to get it as close to as possible.

DSC02616.JPGDSC02615.JPGDSC02670.JPG

Edited by Grande GTi

Nice looking motor and welcome to the forum. 

Like your early recaro seats- was that stock leathers in that you had before? 

Think you have also got some speedline corse - are they 17 ? 

Really nice corrado this and looks even better from the side

Think it was Zak's old VR

28 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

Yes certainly looks like it. Great car, had 263s and was a really good drive

15 hours ago, Keyo said:

Nice looking motor and welcome to the forum. 

Like your early recaro seats- was that stock leathers in that you had before? 

Think you have also got some speedline corse - are they 17 ? 

Thank you very much

THe old one yes had factory leather but to be completely honest I am not a fan of leather on the whole tbh so the Change to the cloth interior was perfect.

thats right they were speedlines they went with the car, a friend of ours bought it and seems to be making great progress with it

14 hours ago, ChrisL said:

Indeed it is Zaks old car,

He really done a great job maintaining it, and thankfully I now will try and keep it to its former glory and hopefully tastefully change a few things along the way

I spent a good hour or so going through his build thread last night its actually quite good to know that a previous owner was as passionate about it as I am.

13 hours ago, fla said:

Yes certainly looks like it. Great car, had 263s and was a really good drive

It really is a good drive, the friend that i bought it off took it to Austria last year.

Thankfully Ive got a couple of other cars too but ill be honest I would much rather drive the Rado.

During Lockdown it only made sence to give the Corrado some care

So wheels off APC Cleaned up pretty well

Followed by a Snowfoam, Soap Down, Clay barred, Polished then Sealed.

Corrado_APC.jpgCorrado_APC_2.jpgCorrado_Side_.jpg

Pretty Happy how it turned out.

Car is currently on H&R Ultralow Coilovers which ride alot better than the last APs which were on the old Corrado.

Corrado_front_wheel.jpg

Edited by Grande GTi

Lovely car mate, I’ve been following your pics on Instagram.

its been on some great wheels and especially liked it on the RC’s and CH’s but those S3 alloys really work

C’est magnifique. And Porsche wing mirrors as well. What are the other jobs ? (doesn’t seem much from this angle).

Tres bon.

23 hours ago, Simeon said:

Looks fantastic

Thank you very much mate

21 hours ago, ChrisL said:

Lovely car mate, I’ve been following your pics on Instagram.

its been on some great wheels and especially liked it on the RC’s and CH’s but those S3 alloys really work

oh excellent nice one, only this morning DPD dropped off my new wheels, bought a set of BBS RS 17 7x7.5, 8.5 after a cheeky test fit seems the 8.5 are hitting on the coil springs, i can clear it using a 15mm spacer but then its changing the image in my head, so going to order a a pair of 1/2 smaller barrels which will solve the problem.

The S3 will probably be up for sale soon too.

16 hours ago, James. said:

C’est magnifique. And Porsche wing mirrors as well. What are the other jobs ? (doesn’t seem much from this angle).

Tres bon.

Thank you James its go a few things that need doing well the list on my phone is massive but i wont go there,, a few things are Sunroof needs changing, so organised one from Chris Ferry just gotta drive up to him once covid 19 is done, Get a spoiler as the current one goes up in stages, Fit a set of 312 discs as the current callipers are mk4 ones and disc are 288 corrado ones, Change inner centre dash panel, Stick a new Stereo in.Its got a few other odd jobs but most is that i. just being picky.  Most importantly fit its new bumper 🙂

Plenty to be getting on with then !

Have a look at the spoiler sooner rather than later though. The spoiler mechanism may just need a clean out and lube. They can get a little stiff if left unused for a length of time. The friction then causes the motor to overheat, with subsequent stuttering from the cables binding in the housing. End result, the motor starts blowing fuses.

The spoiler is a swine to remove, so if you can fix it and avoid extracting it then all the better.

Edited by James.

On 4/30/2020 at 8:25 PM, James. said:

Plenty to be getting on with then !

Have a look at the spoiler sooner rather than later though. The spoiler mechanism may just need a clean out and lube. They can get a little stiff if left unused for a length of time. The friction then causes the motor to overheat, with subsequent stuttering from the cables binding in the housing. End result, the motor starts blowing fuses.

The spoiler is a swine to remove, so if you can fix it and avoid extracting it then all the better.

Thanks James yes tbh i think it is passed that i sprayed a few times with wd40 and its not necessarily helped from what i can work however i will give it some more attention in the next few days.  I does it in stages so i think its the rams tbh

Living in Essex and not having a plate just creates unnecessary head ache so thankfully got a new-another had it painted and put a front plate back on the car, whilist I had the bumper We saw that the Looms had heavily corroded and at some point in its life must have had issues which damaged the front headlight loom so we made a new loom up.

Corrado_Front.jpg

Also saw another set of 17" BBS RS on line so bought them for the corrado, 7.5 and 8.5, had a slight issue that the back of the barrels we sitting inside the spring which resulted in my buying slightly smaller barrels and reducing them down to 8j on the rear.

BBS_RS_F.jpgBBS_RS_R.jpg

Managed to source the New barrels through SRR Hardware and genuinely couldn't recommend them enough Ordered monday here next day so a win win 🙂

Corrado_Frontlo.jpg

Wheels are now with Wheel shop for them to be polished up and rebuilt and will be on soon all being well.

Wow, man likes his wheels! 

Not a huge fan of the S3 alloys if I'm honest, but the RS! 👌

Love this car and the way it looks, I have a set of RS's for mine and they do look lovely on a Corrado.

On 5/22/2020 at 12:16 PM, seanl82 said:

^^^^all of this ^^^^

On 5/29/2020 at 3:03 PM, 1xshaunx1 said:

^^^^all of this ^^^^

On 5/29/2020 at 12:15 PM, branty said:

Love this car and the way it looks, I have a set of RS's for mine and they do look lovely on a Corrado.

On 5/22/2020 at 12:16 PM, seanl82 said:

cheers all tbh there what the car come with tbh i quite like especially as maintance is super low, looking forward to 2021 when hopefully i like many others will have a reason to put the new wheels on

Not allot to report in respect of look and any real upgrades, more so of trying to sort out the gremlins in the car.

Had an issue with the fuel pump after a long drive it would hum for a little while so managed to get a replacement one sorted so problem solved, but have had an idling issue for some time, and a random misfire. 

So today managed to eliminate what we think it is, quite confident its the ISV, i did replace it as well as the vacuum pipe on the TB, Throttle position sensor turns out the new ISV was faulty too, so trying to source one at the moment. Fitted a genuine coil pack and ht leads to the car and the misfire is for the moment no more.

But got the wheels back from RustyRims and has done a cracking job.

Corrado1.jpg

Corrado Theo.jpg

CorradoMeet2.jpg

bbsrs.jpg

• Like 1

Ooo those BBS are super shiny, very nice. I would just hang them on a wall in the house so I could look at them. And they would stay clean.