Cressa

Karmann the Corrado

8 hours ago, Keyo said:

Looking great mate - what rad you got in the bay ? 

Keyo, it's a standard Hella rad, but the aircon condensor (rad) is what is sitting just in front of it

More shiny pictures. 2 hrs and she is on her way home. Sod xmas, I've been up an hour already..wtf

20200526_122813.jpg

20200526_122807.jpg

20200526_122947.jpg

Haha, love it! The excitement gets to you doesn't it! You'll get all precious about the car now though, just don't be afraid to drive it. My respray (and all the other costs replacing trim etc to make it look nice and new as well) cost more than twice what I paid for the car also. It's been off the road for 3 years but I still get nervous when the kids go in the garage! Lol. Looks stunning btw. 👍

3 hours ago, Cressa said:

Keyo, it's a standard Hella rad, but the aircon condensor (rad) is what is sitting just in front of it

More shiny pictures. 2 hrs and she is on her way home. Sod xmas, I've been up an hour already..wtf

20200526_122813.jpg

20200526_122807.jpg

20200526_122947.jpg

Got you mate was that hard to get hold of mate the air con one. 

The aircon rad was readily available as it is the direct Diavia replacement. I honestly thought I would struggle to get one, but it was easy

Just now, Cressa said:

The aircon rad was readily available as it is the direct Diavia replacement. I honestly thought I would struggle to get one, but it was easy

That makes sense the stock rad is obsolete and the aircon is available this ties in nicley with the corrado world ha .  

The Classic Green Pearl LC6U does look nice when the sun hits it.

I always wanted a blue one, but am happy with this

20200527_094639.jpg

Edited by Cressa

But to Piss me right off, the old guy next door said he would watch me back the car down the drive so that I didn't hit the doorstep. No it's fine, I will wait until the GF gets back.

No no let's do it now.... so crunch. The *ucking alloy on the step.... 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

Atleast it wasnt the new paintwork.... AGHHHH

Sorry to hear that mate it is one of my pet hates - when the trucks are backing up I have for my firm , the kid backing up tends to move his hand as signal to reverse but at the same time is looking at his iphone whilst picking his nose, eating a sandwich , and also sipping a coffee - however when the wagon hit something it wasn't the kids fault signaling because a wasp distracted him- oh and he wasn't driving the truck. 

Edited by Keyo

3 hours ago, Cressa said:

But to Piss me right off, the old guy next door said he would watch me back the car down the drive so that I didn't hit the doorstep. No it's fine, I will wait until the GF gets back.

No no let's do it now.... so crunch. The *ucking alloy on the step.... 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

Atleast it wasnt the new paintwork.... AGHHHH

Don’t let it get to you mate, like you said could be worse at least no damage to the car and you hate the neighbour not the wife. 😂 Winner. Move on

That's so not funny, ask me. I know! Literally the day it was back on the road after respray - and wheel refurb, some stupid woman decided her Audi A4 would fit up the road with cars parked on her side. I was already half way down and had right of way, but I was forced to curb an alloy or lose my wing mirror! Not happy at all but as you said, at least it's not the bodywork.

The pleasure is definitely in the cleaning, treating and refitting the parts. Making it look like a car. I took the rear bumper off to fit some new side clips, as mine had a slight wobble and weren't holding it tight enough in. Fitted the Heritage items, which are tight and it all lines up perfectly perfectly. 

I even took the opportunity to waxoyl inside where the bumper slides in and inside the tailgate. May aswell whilst  I'm in this position. 

20200531_111745.jpg

20200531_105716.jpg

3 hours ago, blue95 said:

Bodywork looks spot on mate 😎

Thankyou. I was impressed with what they did

A new project, that must be exciting for you!

The color is super nice, can't wait to see what's going to come next!

Cheers and keep us posted

So any spare time I am putting her back together. I'm not even bothered that the bloody rear wiper motor  does not work now that it is fitted !! Clicks and has voltage.. the back end is looking good and Monday the rear and side glass are booked in to be done. 

I even spent a tenner on getting a punch to cut out a perfect circle for the tailgate bumper stop adhesive circles. If anyone wants some I can punch them out and send you a couple, see the pictures below.

And I took on the dreaded job of refitting the wiring loom into the doors, cleaning the paint from the glass and fitting the outer handle. All painstakingly slow but perfect.

If anyone has a pic of how the wiring on the inside the door should be it would welcome. I have got the bit to the door handle and central locking, but not how the mirror control should be and where it comes out..   then I need to sort a membrane,  suggestions please. I've seen the foam version or so I go PVC!! Hmm

20200602_151521.jpg

20200602_151514.jpg

Coming along nicely! If you've got a couple of those disks spare, I'd love a pair please mate! I reused my old ones but one has fallen off. Where did you get the material from?

I got it from ebay. Something Keyo posted about. PM me your address and I'll send a couple out mate, no worries

Looking great mate.

i’ll happily pay for 4 of those discs please. 2 for now and 2 for when the car is painted.

1 hour ago, Cressa said:

So any spare time I am putting her back together. I'm not even bothered that the bloody rear wiper motor  does not work now that it is fitted !! Clicks and has voltage.. the back end is looking good and Monday the rear and side glass are booked in to be done. 

I even spent a tenner on getting a punch to cut out a perfect circle for the tailgate bumper stop adhesive circles. If anyone wants some I can punch them out and send you a couple, see the pictures below.

And I took on the dreaded job of refitting the wiring loom into the doors, cleaning the paint from the glass and fitting the outer handle. All painstakingly slow but perfect.

If anyone has a pic of how the wiring on the inside the door should be it would welcome. I have got the bit to the door handle and central locking, but not how the mirror control should be and where it comes out..   then I need to sort a membrane,  suggestions please. I've seen the foam version or so I go PVC!! Hmm

20200602_151521.jpg

20200602_151514.jpg

Mate they look the business save me a set chap as Im sure we will have a Midlands meet one day thanks. I have used the VW OE grey foam mate and I do not reccomend it one bit- mine have got cracks all ready on both the golf and rado had to tape them - my advise is to get some good quality builders membrane sheeting that will be better quality then any of other crap out there. 

P.s Im sure I have seen another area of the car with this sort of pad but can't remember where. 

I wouldn’t mind 4 of those discs if possible mate? The joys of having 2 Corrado’s.

Happy to pay 😁👍

You can use felt adhesive furniture pads - they come in black as well, and in lots of different sizes.

Hello, If possible I would require x2 of the pads please. Obviously I will pay for them. 

Thank you

Lee