Sign in to follow this  
carpoid

carpoids Australian C, SOLD, R32 bought!

Super! Are the first few shots North Head by Manly? I use to go there on my days off and read, it's a great quiet spot!

What do the aussies make of the RADO? Have they figured it out it's a VeeDub? Most people here in NZ have never seen one. I'll go in to PartMaster or Repco for part or something and when they ask what car it is i'll say a Corrado. They always pretend they know what it is, so that start looking in the Jap section!

Cheers guys, glad some of you like it !!

The first one was at Balgowlah heights mate, which is Dobroyd head. Plenty of strange looks and questions yeah, most people seem to like it !

I tend to get a few strange looks from fellow kiwi's over here. Most have never seen a Corrado, and will stare and point at it and say 'what's that'?

I could remove the VW badges to really confuse people, but that would be mean!

It is nice driving a car here, which you very rarely see another one. Having said that, there are two for sale on trademe at the moment. One is a 16v like mine, the other one of only 2 (yes 2) VR6's. That would make it a rare buy as there are hardly any in the southern hemisphere.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motor ... 569696.htm

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motor ... 550147.htm

My friend who works for VW tells me VW chose not to sell them in Australia, making your car a very rare car indeed.

One more pint - what sort of fuel are you putting in? I an get 98 here, which she runs on.

There is also a cheeky little garage out west which sells racing fuel (100+ octane)! Very illegal to just stick it straight in your car. Some mates have been filling a jerry can of it, parking around the block and filling it there.

I've heard it's good for a clear out - think of being 'backed up' for days and eating chillis and you get the picture!

Hello all, its been a while since i looked at this thread, thought i'd update it a bit.

My Corrado has been pretty much trouble free i have to say, i had trouble with firstly my original coil giving up, then a bad run of 3 dodgy aftermarket coils letting me down along with a hall sender in the same week. I can't honestly think of any other trouble, apart from general wear and tear of course, headlight switch, engine mounts, battery etc.

I've driven it alot too, its been used daily for nearly 3 years over here now, i moved from Sydney to Byron Bay cos i was getting sick of being stuck in traffic, drove there with no trouble (800km), then thrashed it on little country roads to get to work and back for 10 months, so much fun !

Then i drove it from Byron Bay to Melbourne where i live temporarily now, again it didn't miss a beat all the way here, spent a week getting down here....

Typical accomadation on the roadside for us

Book1.pdf139.JPG[/attachment:354kxdqc]

1000 miles counting from Byron and we still hadn't arrived !!

stromlaufplan_gamma4.pdf153.JPG[/attachment:354kxdqc]

So it been reliable, but is starting to look worn out, my 16" RS were refurbed and sold, and now i have a temp set of Zender Turbos kindly lent to me from someone on a Australian VW forum ! I've always wanted some 301's so i'm going to covert to 5 stud as my brakes are worn, and bearings could do with replacing too.

ETKA Corrado.pdf002.JPG[/attachment:354kxdqc]

And i had a little rust eating away at it over last 4 years slowly, someone nudged me once in Sydney and left a dent, plenty of stone chips appearing and trims etc etc looking faded from the sun.

stromlaufplan_gamma4.pdf004.JPG[/attachment:354kxdqc]

Corrado92.pdf007.JPG[/attachment:354kxdqc]

So, time for a respray! I've been using the forum to search what others have replaced when re-painting which has been helpful, i've ordered plenty of stuff ...

Mostly genuine VAG. i've got

New front Spoiler and mounting bracket

New sound deadening for under the bonnet

New windscreen seal

New roof mouldings

New rear screen moulding

New sunroof outer seal

New rear number plate surround

New front grille

New tow eye caps on their way

New front fog lights

New indicator lenses

New driver side door seal

New window slot seals

New Corrado script door sill scuff plates

New washer jets for the bonnet

New gaskets where the door handles are attached to the doors

New gaskets where the mirrors are attached to the doors

New headlight switch

New Golf diesel gearbox mount (stiffer than the standard one)

New Rear engine mount

New Vibra Technics front engine mount

passat climatronic wiring diags.pdf001.JPG[/attachment:354kxdqc]

New Rallye Radiator, it was getting a bit hot some days with that little Rad, and i've had a Rallye FMIC waiting to be installed for 3 years !

011.JPG[/attachment:354kxdqc]

These pics were taken yesterday at the body shop, its getting there, i decided to de-wiper the rear and lose the side repeaters and door mouldings, it should be ready for me to pick up in 2 weeks, then start putting it back together, can't wait !!

climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdf001.JPG[/attachment:354kxdqc]

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdf002.JPG[/attachment:354kxdqc]

I'll post up what it looks like when its resprayed and has its new rimage on i expect.

Cheers, take it easy all.

Matt

nice work mate... glad its still going well down under!! lol

question, I were did you buy the new under bonnet foam? didnt think vag still sold it?

Hi Bally, like i said most parts i got were VAG, but the sound deadening came from ARZ Tuning, that site has been handy i've found, and postage seems to be cheap from Germany to Australia.

Cheers mate :salute:

Cheers Waleso, heres a pic from my kitchen window when i lived up in the hills of Byron for you.....

126.JPG[/attachment:x6krge6w]

Very nice matey, should look like new pretty soon. Are you sticking with the original colour or going for something radical?

Cheers mate....

Nothing radical no, just the original colour, i love the metallic black but i did think of spraying it silver at one stage

Sounds great mate, any chance of swapping lives for a couple of years or so? :D

Still working on trying to get out there myself, not sure it's ever going to happen though...

hope the c makeover is going well, my corrado might be making the journey down under,can you remember who transported the car for you(how much)? be handy for when i start looking for someone, any pics of c going up soon! ta :salute: