Jim

The "what I did to my Corrado today" thread...

Lowered my Diesel one, fitted a new wireless to my yellow one and pulled the engine out of my soon to be 20v one.

After a trip to Gosport and back Thursday, and a weekend at the father in laws in Banbury, a total of about 750 miles without missing a beat, I gave her a quick and deserved wash. It was only quick, cos I spent 2 days detailing it last w.end including sealing and waxing so that was all that was needed. :smug:

Fitted mocal oil cooler.

remade uprated headlight loom.

Fitted the charger I rebuilt months ago.

Fitted new plugs and oil filter.

Now just got to behave for the next 500 miles to run the charger in

German plates and holders on , bonnet bra on, fitted passenger side konig seat, next up drivers side seat and fit brembos

Sorted turbo waste gate , now driving with some boost :) nice feeling

Just need to fix dam windows now

Washed, polished, waxed, oiled the plastic, vacuumed. Ready for National Day.

8 hours solid,washing,polishing,waxing,hoovering and everything else ending in "ing"

nightmare running a daily,and trying to keep it clean for the Nationals tomorrow !

i could be suicidal if it rains !! lol

got some very very strange looks as washing the car in the rain, drying it after proved very very difficult.

Replaced the glass in my drivers side headlight as it was flagged on MOT it was flagged the light from a left hooker (cheers whoever I bought it from on here) luckily I had a spare unit with a broken case so I swapped the glass and the reflector too as it wasn't brilliant either. So now I have a good drivers side light again that will pass an MOT :)

Fitted new wipers, battery and blower motor for the heater. No more strange groans from under the dash.

Ordered some ridiculously expensive BBS chrome centre badges for my BBS RC's as I could not stand the tatty ones any longer and don't like the black ones.

Put the RS 301s on, wipe over inner arches and suspension and its looking good

Water proof relay case for uprated loom fitted and CCGB sticker and tax disc holder fitted

Where did you get your waterproof relay case, I've been looking for one for ages :)

Where did you get your waterproof relay case, I've been looking for one for ages :)

I got mine from Maplins. haven't fitted it, or even the relay yet though.

Its off ebay cost £19 holds four relays, bulky but its gonna live in front of the battery any way. The ebay item number is 170659276225 hope this helps .

Changed the thermostat for the third time this year. Genuine this time, yes yes I've learned my lesson!

Had to change block-cooler-water pump hose as it had a small split and slight leak, topped up after all this to notice that actually my leak is coming from the water pump! :censored: So its all coming off again tomorrow! Also dropped sump and cleaned out the pickup, deffo needed it too! Changed oil and filter, dizzy, rotor, plugs and leads, rear wiper, expansion tank and cap. Got fed up so that was it. Fuel filter and cambelt kit next w.end now.

Not sure if this counts, as James @ Sub11 did it for me (top job - recommended in the Peterborough area) but have now got 288 brakes on, so looking forward to being able to stop when I want to! Didn't realise quite how tight they are over Speedlines - have got to get one of the wheels rebalanced as the balancing weight is just rubbing the caliper, so there's a nice t - t - t - t - t - t sound at the moment!

Went Motorbike hunting...ended up with lots of chips out of my windscreen......Them bikes don't 1/2 throw up some crap :-/

Well i took this week off work to get some work done on the car and the weather has been amazing all week which was a bonus but.... i got my G60 running again WOOOOP!!!

This is what it took .......

fitted a new radiator and tapped new threads into the Rad for the cowling + New low temp rad switch

New radiator elbow + New seal

New Drive Belt 1642 i belive?

Sanded down , primed then painted my radiator cowling gloss black then re-fit to the new radiator

Re insulated allmost all the wiring in the engine bay with some fabric wiring tape

Full coolant flush and now fresh G12

Oil change + Fram oil filter

Cleaned K&Npannel filter and re-oiled it

Cleaned all my intercooler pipework down then refitted it with new jubile's all round

Took all the wheels off the car and used some good wheel cleaner all over (they came up very well)

Hoovered the inside and then cleaned all the trim throughout

A good old wash then some super resin polish all over

Fitted my Re-built Stage four Jabbasport supercharger with new feed and return bolts and washers, before i put it in i used a syringe to inject some fresh oil into the feed and return ports then once in the car connected up cranked it over to 10 seconds with the HT lead out and FIRST turn of the key she fired up.....

and tomorrow im going to santa pod to work on my dads dragster at santa pod all day ..... should be good

spoiled mine a bit today:

New water pump fitted

Stainless crack pipe fitted - NIGHTMARE!! but no leaks now - yeah!

Thermostat housing

Thermostat

Cooling system plastic fittings

Poly engine mounts - Cheers Jay!

coolant flush

De gunking

Next week = paint :D

Ouch said the wallet!!

me too 4 new 17ins alloys , new tyres and spent the rest of the day painting and spraying waxoyl everywhere i can and the a little rustproofing too with the warm weather it drying quick too

First weekend we've had good weather and not been wedding planning, so finally got round to repairing the drivers side door handle. Also a good wash and wax.