BigTartanJudge

The Judge's G60, total rebuild...finished (almost) NEW PICS

Hi,can i ask you who is doing your engine work and where are they based? I recently bought a g60 with a tsr 2.0 8v tall block with a bahn brenner twin screw charger but have a fmic i would like to fit did you notice a great difference with a front mount?There is loads i have got planned for it and have to say it is the likes of you and 24v renshaw that keeps others striving to keep these little cars alive i have been well and truly bitten by the corrado bug and hope in time can have something as good as yours regards james.

So haven't been keeping up to date on here really, have plenty pics but seeing as collection day is looming this weekend, will wait until she's back up the road, excited much ? Oh yeah :)

So got her back up to bonnie Scotland in one-piece, some interesting driving conditios on the way up the road....I have never seen so much rain in my life over such a prolonged period.....it rained for all of the 608 miles back home :rolleyes:

The engine-bay is not quite finished yet, so will post-up a pic of this when it's complete. The engine is in a low-state of tune at the moment to allow the freshly-built engine to run-in and bed-down properly, with final parts / live-mapping to be completed sometime in the New Year after a road-trip down to the South.

A few pics as she stood prior to collection:

0102.jpg

054.jpg

056.jpg

055.jpg

097.jpg

More pics to follow when it's dried-up a bit.

A quick thanks to all the hard-work put in on the car put in by all at John Mitchell Racing (JMR) of Littlehampton, who worked late to get the car prepped for the handover & who worked through numerous issues they faced with the build with care. Amazing efforts and a testament to their skills and commitment, I know that it's all been worth it. What John doesn't know about VAG-cars and more specifically G60 engines, is not worth knowing, and I can't recommend him enough.

More to come, watch this space.

The mirror-triangles are carbon-laminated, but real CF, none of this 3M vinyl rubbish....

Cheers Graeme :-)

Few more pics

Mmmn, carbon....

IMG-20121126-00562.jpg

Nice place to be :-)

IMG-20121126-00561.jpg

Paint is like glass

IMG-20121126-00563.jpg

Tucked-up for winter

IMG-20121125-00557.jpg

Great build. Any news on what this is putting out yet, or have I missed it in the thread?

All read now:)

Wow what a thread. Funny enough I have actually seen this Rado in the flesh. Got a tip to head over to see John at JMR Racing in Littlehampton must be nearly a year ago now before starting a G60 project myself. Recognised his garage in the photos. Lovely example of a Corrado & a true representation of the kind of work that JMR do. That engine bay is breath taking, you must be so happy with the work JMR have done. So far John has reconditioned 2 superchargers for me ( http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?75705-G60-Project/page2 ) but there is a long road ahead of me for my G60 project.

Anything you would recommend for anyone else doing of thinking of doing a G60 project?

Thanks for the inspiring thread:thumbleft:

awesome build mate!

i wouldnt like the bill for that lot

I didn't either to be fair, all four of them.....

But to be fair, there was a helluva lot of work involved in getting the car to where it is now.

---------- Post added at 10:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 PM ----------

All read now:)

Wow what a thread. Funny enough I have actually seen this Rado in the flesh. Got a tip to head over to see John at JMR Racing in Littlehampton must be nearly a year ago now before starting a G60 project myself. Recognised his garage in the photos. Lovely example of a Corrado & a true representation of the kind of work that JMR do. That engine bay is breath taking, you must be so happy with the work JMR have done. So far John has reconditioned 2 superchargers for me ( http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?75705-G60-Project/page2 ) but there is a long road ahead of me for my G60 project.

Anything you would recommend for anyone else doing of thinking of doing a G60 project?

Thanks for the inspiring thread:thumbleft:

Thanks for the kind comments, yeah I would recommend a second mortgage if you want to do something similar unless you have the facilities and you do most of the work yourself !

I would certainly recommend replacing as many of the orignal tired old parts with new / reconditioned original parts as possible as they will be past there best. If it's a big project, I would recommend you start collecting parts and source as many original hard to find bits as possible as this can take some time, it took me over 3 years to collect the bits for my build and take all the advice John @ JMR gives you, he's a very helpful man :-)

Edited by BigTartanJudge

Engine bay looks great. Refreshingly different to the majority of Corrados we see...

Cheers :-)

---------- Post added at 10:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:39 PM ----------

Great build. Any news on what this is putting out yet, or have I missed it in the thread?

No, it hasn't been rolling-roaded as yet, and won't be until the engine is in the final state of tune etc.. I am currently running a standard head, injectors and cam with a custom "sensible" map to allow everything to bed-in properly during the running-in period for new engines of roughly 1500 miles. That said, the weather has been so pi** since Nov that the rado has been tucked-up since then....

I've started making a list of the things I want to do this year to finish her-off, but am hopefully away to buy a house to things may take a back-seat for a while to let the finances recover a little....

Edited by BigTartanJudge

No, it hasn't been rolling-roaded as yet, and won't be until the engine is in the final state of tune etc.. I am currently running a standard head, injectors and cam with a custom "sensible" map to allow everything to bed-in properly during the running-in period for new engines of roughly 1500 miles. That said, the weather has been so pi** since Nov that the rado has been tucked-up since then....

I've started making a list of the things I want to do this year to finish her-off, but am hopefully away to buy a house to things may take a back-seat for a while to let the finances recover a little....

Sounds like a good plan - keep us posted...

Two out of three bits left to complete in the bay are underway as we speak and she'll have a new home to move into shortly as I have bought a house with a large detached garage for her to reside in :-)