CazzaVR

Cazza's Storm- Gone :( ...S3 Has Arrived! :)

Will do. Just been on the phone to Jaguar- no UK stock + discontinued :(

There's an easy solution to this!

Get one printed, have you heard of 3D printing?

I've used a company to get some side project development items printed up in plastic to see how they look, im sure you can easily get the dimentioms, and get it printed off.

Ill just dig out the company details I've used, reasonable prices too, and the possibilities are endless with 3d printing, I swear its the future for all our obselete plastic parts :)

Pete

Pete- that sounds like a good option- would appreciate the copany details ;)

Good research skills George! I've emailed XK8 parts and they're UK based, so it's promising! :)

Thanks Pete- looks like it has potential.

The XK8 site got back to me- no can do :(

I was in Homebase earlier and stumbled upon this...................................

20130405_081242_zps0b287f91.jpg

Much too big, but perhaps worth looking for one online in the correct size if available?.............

That's the kind of thing- would need the little rounded cutouts for the RCs though :(

Well, sold the vRS today. Actually feel very sad as it's been brilliant. Probably the only car we'll ever have had from new. Thankfully going to a new home just at the end of my road, so I should see it around quite a bit :)

Corrado news- Lamin-X'd the front lights. Ordered from Neil, the new Corrado sets are very helpful. Went for subtle tint, and it's actually quite dark. I'll leave it on for a bit and see if I get used to it!

Also got a Passat aircon systen from daves16v- thanks mate! Have had a good look, but not sure it will fit as I have a Mocal oil cooler. Room will be stupidly tight as it is, but with the Mocal rad and pipes, I'm really not sure I'll get it in at all :( Will have a thorough look in the summer as I'm planning to take the front end off to refurb the cooling system.

Edited by CazzaVR

Andy, I can take a look at making up a spanner if you like? It may not be suitable but worth a go.

Thanks Dave. Just worried a metal one will damage the centre caps. Would it be possible to put some rubber or something on the inner edge?

Maybe they could be made slightly oversized, and then done with that process that's like powdercoating but a more rubbery finish?

Yeah my thoughts too, maybe an Ali one would be better? Some form of plastic liner would be possible, ideally the whole thing made of plastic is the way to go but for a one-off it may be too expensive.

Dave, those look perfect, so long as they are kind enough to the cap. What do you use on yours?

A lil' update. Not really done anything on the C for a while. The last thing I did was fit a centre sunvizor (thanks Ian). Couldn't get it to clip to the sunroof motor cover, but it clips perfectly to the top windscreen trim.

Got any pics of the headlamps Andy? Just requested some samples for mine from Neil :)

I know I'm probably preaching to the converted here but be really careful using a metal spanner on your centre caps, even a rubberised coated one. The alloy on the centres is unbelievably soft - I've noticed a couple of small marks on mine from using the plastic spanner. I put masking tape round them now before I take them off

Dave, those look perfect, so long as they are kind enough to the cap. What do you use on yours?

I've got a genuine BBS spanner.

@VR6Pete, shapeways is a community of different artists/designers who create things to sell on that website - it's not actually a company who can produce stuff when approached by people.

I'd be happy to do the CAD and then put it up on SW for all to purchase if I had one to copy. What kind of torque requirement is there on a wheel cap?

Edited by boost monkey

Ah sorry, I thought you were asking them to design something for you from scratch, but if you've given them CAD then that's exactly what they do :D

I would have thought getting stuff RP'd on bulk would be quite expensive - how about protomold? RP is really for stuff that is one-off or can't be made in any other manufacturing process.

Returned to the car today to find it keyed the whole length :( really peed off- just don't understand it. Will try a little wet sanding etc later and see how I get on.

Jesus this is getting silly! The vandal scum seem to be multiplying rapidly. I hope its not too deep and it cuts back.

That's awful :(

---------- Post added at 6:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 6:10 PM ----------

Thats awful :(