CazzaVR

Cazza's Storm- Gone :( ...S3 Has Arrived! :)

Oh god here we go again!!!!

By a cheap daily, I dont know something like my golf :D

I know, I know! :lol: Feels different this time though. A Mystic Storm was what I always wanted, and it's been brilliant. Think I'll give it a good clean at the weekend and see how I feel then.

Cheap daily is completely out of the question I'm afraid Jake ;)

It looks great, don't get rid! Slightly off topic, I don't suppose you Gloucester folks have ever seen my old corrado around your way? Last known to be owned by smokey69, green 16v on borbet As. J798 FCP. Always wondered what happened to it... Think the guy lived in Stroud

Nick

Wow,didn't see that coming !

:lol:

Well to be fair I've been expecting it for a while Andy. You must have owned more Corrado's than anyone else on this forum so it was only a matter of time. I'm sad at the prospect of you leaving the community for good though really.. :( You've been around for a long time and always good to catch up with you at meets.

Man up ya soft git :-) you'll only regret it and want another so hang into it.

You know I'm right deep down.

It looks great, don't get rid! Slightly off topic, I don't suppose you Gloucester folks have ever seen my old corrado around your way? Last known to be owned by smokey69, green 16v on borbet As. J798 FCP. Always wondered what happened to it... Think the guy lived in Stroud

Nick

Not seen it, but will keep an eye out. Often in Stroud.

---------- Post added at 8:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 8:05 PM ----------

:lol:

Well to be fair I've been expecting it for a while Andy. You must have owned more Corrado's than anyone else on this forum so it was only a matter of time. I'm sad at the prospect of you leaving the community for good though really.. :( You've been around for a long time and always good to catch up with you at meets.

Thanks matey. Aye, would miss everything if I sold up, although I'd stay on here and still come to meets etc. Wouldn't be the same without a C though.

---------- Post added at 8:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 8:07 PM ----------

Man up ya soft git :-) you'll only regret it and want another so hang into it.

You know I'm right deep down.

:lol: Not sure mate- this time I feel properly ready to move on. We'll see...

Would be sad to see you without a C Andy but could understand your decision wanting a change after all those Corrados.Just 1 question,Whats a Mk 1 LCR ?

Spend a bit more andy and you can get a lovely MK5 gti and the 2.0Tfsi is an entirely more appealing prospect than the 1.8t. It is just a monster engine when remapped with K04 turbo, or without for that matter :)

Not another one :(

I'd have a mk5 E30 over a LCR though. It already has the k04 and uprated engine internals. I'm loving my mk6 gti as a daily but honestly the engines lack soul.

Edited by Portent

Agreed on the lack of soul compared to a VR, but with a Miltek, remap, and forge twintake an E30 GTI is a mouthwatering prospect for me right now. I enjoyed my mk5 gti most driving to Paris last year.

Although I do NOT condone the sale of the Storm Andy. You won't find a nicer one with all the crucial mods yours had had.

Not dead keen on the look of the MKV GTI though. Prefer the Curpra-R. Just looks a bit different, and definitely more aggressive. Less common too...

Hi Dave- been a while! How are you? Missing the Rado? Dibs if you're serious... Still haven't decided yet though ;)

Right, given it plenty of thought, and have decided to keep her for a few more months at least. It's such a good 'un, and I waited so long for a Mystic Storm, I want to give it a bit more time.

Good news Andy! I would wait untill next year a couple of shows with some nice weather( you never know) might inspire you to keep it even longer.

I purposely didn't reply when you said you wanted to sell up as. I did think, ' nah, he'll keep it' Like you say, it's a great car and you know it well

A little update! Spent the whole day sorting a few things out:

Fitted Vibratechnics front and rear mounts. Have the gearbox mount as well, but am going to see how the car fares on the current set up first, as I've heard the VT GB mount can be a little harsh!

Then sorted out the n/s headlamp adjuster which had shattered. The horrible 3rd screw was seized last week, but came free pretty easily as I'd given it a good soak in WD40. Replaced the little plastic thing in the screw bracket and found a decent replacement screw which I covered in copper slip. The light came apart very easily. The new adjuster was very straight forward to replace. Refitted everything and adjusted the light, which was pointing skyward, to match the o/s one.

As the light was out, I fitted a new mount for the Mocal oil cooler as one of the old ones had completely broken. Access was a little cramped, but after undoing the one on the other side, managed to just about get enough access to first remove the remains of the old mount, then fit a new one.

Then set about sorting out the driver's seat as the heating has never worked in it. Had a spare leather seat (beige), so tested it in the car and the heating worked fine. Stripped my seat down and inspected the wiring and elements- nothing apparently wrong, which was strange! So set about making one good working seat from the two. What utter ballache! Several hours later and I finally have a heated driver's seat. Happy days! 8) The illumination in the switch doesn't work- anyone changed the bulb in one? Not sure whether I can be bothered to sort this just yet!

Still to do:

Get the front of the sills sorted by a decent bodyshop. They've both been pushed in by some bad jacking in the past.

Oil and filter change.

Damn good clean. The poor thing looks terrible both inside and out at the mo! :(

Think that's it!