mic_VR

mic_VR's VR - The Awakening!

Superb Mic, paint is still looking very fresh and the CH's really stand out against the Blue :thumbleft:

Cheers mate. It'll be looking even better on Thursday when I get it back from the detailer.

CHs look excellent - all red rears might complement it nicely.

Funny you should say that, was thinking similar. Guess I'd better sort tinting my spare lights to see....

CHs look so right on this car...

Praise indeed given your extensive (and awesome) wheel experience.

Not sure why I wasn't completely taken with these the first time I fitted them, maybe it was the bumping up and down curbs to park at my old house. Now we've moved and it's on the drive or in the garage I feel a lot more comfortable they're not going to get damaged.

May still run the Rota's as an everyday wheel though.

Old Mincy is now with the detailer. Hopefully it'll be looking pimper than a pimp thing by tomorrow evening!

Hopefully going to get a load of pictures to put on here but in the meantime the guy is going to update twitter/facebook apparently http://cambridgeconcours.com/concours/

Just liked the Facebook page so I can watch the transformation - love seeing cars detailed

Yeah it's going to be interesting. Never really been much into detailing (Redborbet??) but looking forward to seeing a tangible difference.

Apparently... there is a guy coming tomorrow from the VW owners club who saw the car on his FB feed and wants to have a better look at it. Hopefully I can get over myself to see it being finished off but that will depend on work

Look forward to seeing the finished pictures. It looks amazing in those pictures on their Facebook page already.

Looking great. I might have to pay them a visit with my Golf to see if they can smarten it up a bit. I'm ashamed to say I've taken to using the Polish car cleaners these days as I'm too lazy, but it always picks up new swirl marks afterwards.

Isn't that the company old JediKnight83 on here setup years ago?

I did call Nathan (JediKnight83) but he's now based in Essex and requires the car to be in a garage with suitable space to do the work at your house, which unfortunately requires a bigger garage than my single. The guy at Cambridge Concours has a unit so you can leave the car with them for a few days, plus he's done some work on the car before with great results so I know it's in good hands.

Sure he'd be happy to help you out.

Right, realised I've not updated this since the detailing.

Basically I had the car professionally detailed/corrected ready for a friends wedding last weekend, and by all accounts the guy thought this was one of the hardest cars he'd ever worked on. It was meant to be in for a 2 day make over but in reality he only had time to do the paint correction on the bodywork and wheels, and a tidy of the interior. That aside the car, in my completely unbiased opinion :o, looks fantastic! The pics on my camera phone don't do it anywhere near the justice it deserves. It's like glass!

But before that I decided I really need to sort it's new home out. Since the house move my new garage has been full of 'stuff'.... so first things first....

Start

IMG_20150503_154036.jpg

Someone trying to get a look in

IMG_20150503_175404.jpg

And the finished(ish.... I still need to tidy a few more things) job!

IMG_20150504_112446.jpg

So then it was off to the detailer, and 2 days later it came home looking like this:

IMG_20150507_191459.jpg

IMG_20150507_191242.jpg

IMG_20150507_191653.jpg

IMG_20150507_191743_1.jpg

IMG_20150507_193053.jpg

IMG_20150507_194152.jpg

IMG_20150507_194515.jpg

IMG_20150507_193711.jpg

And he fits in perfectly. Room all the way round to buff and room at the workbench end to tinker to my hearts content! :thumbleft:

IMG_20150507_193341.jpg

Now I can start planning any winter projects and keep it out of the elements. Result!

Bling bling :) These cars just look so awesome when the paint is good.

Very very nice mic , it looks fantastic on those wheels aswell

Now all you have to do is not touch in to much haha ... Only kidding

Show and shine on Sunday mic....!

Only if I can get a haircut tomorrow chap!

Cheers for all the comments, I'm definitely back in love with the thing at the moment.

Hope to get some better pics over the weekend if it's good weather over the weekend.

And as for the next project......