Sign in to follow this  
Andy665

Scirocco - sneak update on P13

Very disappointing in my opinion :( It might grow on me but I doubt it. Why did they have to change the front? I agree with the article when it says it looks squashed

You can see what they've tried to do there as well - keep with the 'angry' headlights thing as is common on so many cars, whilst giving it a bit of a classic Scirocco style straightline grille.. I don't think it works but I can see where they were coming from!

I'll wait to see the actual piccies though!

lol.... you suggesting they relaunch an 20year old platform! :lol:

Nah, a new platform of course, but keeping it muscular looking like the current Rado ;-)

Rado does not look different to Roccos

Erm, yes it does.... the Corrado is nice looking.

That's only because a Rado looks like a Mk1 Rocco.

Tempest

The real problem with this new MK4 thing is that it is the next "MK6 GOLF!" It is not a Scirocco at all. It is not a Corrado at all. It is a Golf. As a Golf it is a step forward for Golf enthusiasts. The MK5 Golf is a disaster. This Golf is much more sporty and less double decked bus like. I can't even think of this as a Scirocco or Corrado. The name is very wrong.

I showed the first pictures to my Scirocco driver friend at work and he thought it was BMW's new Golf. The rear bumper looks like an X5 or BMW 5 series's bumper cover was bolted on a Golf. Then he noticed that it was a VW so he thought it was a Volvo inspired Golf. Then he asked, "What is it supposed to be?" He could not find any Scirocco in it.

Can VW make a sports car that is not a GOLF?

Im not a fan of that but i wasn't expecting to be new cars are look like they have come off the same production line, might look a bit different in the flesh. looks a bit more of a hatch than a coupe to me think the golf comment above sums it up a bit. Old School for me :D (looks a bit like a Alfa)

It may look better in the flesh. Don't want to complete condemn it, but those photos make it look like the new Astra.

They should have just given it a new name.

The car looks ok,but it has fluck all to do with a rocco. :|

Any engine specs out yet ? :)

How will this thing be powered?

Any engine specs out yet ? :)

How will this thing be powered?

Well, from what I've heard from sources of varying reliability it will get:

1.4 twin charged engine out of golf GT (very likely as entry level model)

2.0 TSi engine. Like that in mk5 Gti but with slightly higher power output, think ed 30 GTi (this is a given really)

2.0 TDi engine with 168 BHP (I hope not, but then Audi are releasing a diesel R8)

Then it gets a little silly. Loads of speculation about a six pot ranging from 3.2 R32 to 3.6 R36. Don't see it myself. But then again they did put a V6 in the Eos. Who knows.

keeping it muscular looking like the current Rado ;-)

The Corrado is nice looking.

I would buy 1 of these in a shot if they had the guts to make either.

climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdfBeast concept.jpg[/attachment:3mhghve1]

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfNew Corrado.jpg[/attachment:3mhghve1]

e0ed94599b94b7f07d7c72aa393b377a_1.jpg[/attachment:3mhghve1]

keeping it muscular looking like the current Rado ;-)

The Corrado is nice looking.

I would buy 1 of these in a shot if they had the guts to make either.

climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdfBeast concept.jpg[/attachment:2v2opwwm]

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfNew Corrado.jpg[/attachment:2v2opwwm]

e0ed94599b94b7f07d7c72aa393b377a_1.jpg[/attachment:2v2opwwm]

I like the bottom two.

Some more pics, back seats look a bit OTT]

passat climatronic wiring diags.pdfscirocco_leak04 (Large).jpg[/attachment:239s6dqd]

climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdfscirocco_leak05 (Large).jpg[/attachment:239s6dqd]

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfscirocco_leak06 (Large).jpg[/attachment:239s6dqd]

scirocco_leak07 (Large).jpg[/attachment:239s6dqd]

If they made the one below I'd defiantly have one

[attachment=1]New%20Corrado.jpg[/attachment

Heres a thought- whats stopping Karmann themselves designing and building a true Scirroco/ Corrado successor- styled more in line with Junkies pics? I guess their guys have the knowhow, the production facilites etc- I guess maybe they could base it on VW chassis so parts could still be obtainable etc.

I realise there are a million reasons why it couldn't work but even so- would be pretty cool owning a true Modern Karmann Coupe!

I think generally its not a bad looking car apart from the front is too conservative, but whichever way they went with the styling it its still a Mk6 golf in my eyes.

Great, another dull Golf variant :roll:

Surely VW should just have come up with a new name for it, as it's got nothing in common with the previous generations of Scirocco. As someone who would potentially be in the market for a new VW Scirocco/Corrado coupe this just doesn't interest me in the slightest. Why would you have one of these in preference to a Mk5 GTi? Having owned 2 Mk2 Sciroccos and a Corrado there's just nothing in the current VW line-up that would tempt me back :(

Heres a thought- whats stopping Karmann themselves designing and building a true Scirroco/ Corrado successor- styled more in line with Junkies pics? I guess their guys have the knowhow, the production facilites etc- I guess maybe they could base it on VW chassis so parts could still be obtainable etc.

I realise there are a million reasons why it couldn't work but even so- would be pretty cool owning a true Modern Karmann Coupe!

I wish it was possible for Karmann to build a real new Scirocco Coupe but Karmann jus't can't do it at this point. Cars are not easy to selll now days. The only way it could work is if it were a kit car.

Oh dear.

Have just seen the latest pics of new Scirocco here: http://www.motorauthority.com/wp-conten ... dg=1&idi=5 - not quite what I was expecting personally... yes, I'm sure it will drive very well and the interior looks great, and yes, it looks very 'nice' on the outside (like an Audi A3 looks 'nice'), but don't think it looks 'special' or coupe enough - seems to lack the stance and pupose of say, oh I don't know... a VW Corrado!? :)

I guess if they had called it something else I wouldn't be bothered but if they want to re-enter the 'sports coupe' market, I think something like the red one posted by folk above (and here: http://www.carrito.net/board/showthread.php?t=84630) would have been much, much better. This has real presence and is quietly aggressive without being OTT and is certainly a coupe. But hey, what do I know about automotive mass production techniques and sales targets.

I'll reserve final judgment until I see the new one in the flesh - pictures can never tell the whole story, eh :?

Why is everyone dredging up all these old concepts? We all know it's the really really really cool stuff that never gets built anyway. We should all wait until we see the new car on the road. I just think of all the cars I've seen in magazines that I've thought were bland/ugly until I've seen them in real life and they've blown me away. Yes, it doesn't look as good as the original Iroc concept, and yes, all that stuff about the production car looking just like the concept was never really going to happen. But every manufacturer says that about every concept they make. "Oh, this is exactly what the production car will look like" and then when it comes out it looks completely different.

P.S. I still want one. Who cares if it doesn't embody the original Scorocco or Corrado. As has been pointed out at punishing regularity throughout this thread it's a completely different car. They can call it what they want.

All will be revealed tomorrow evening, but first a 5-6 hours drive down to Geneva tomorrow morning.

Tempest

Why is everyone dredging up all these old concepts? We all know it's the really really really cool stuff that never gets built anyway. We should all wait until we see the new car on the road. I just think of all the cars I've seen in magazines that I've thought were bland/ugly until I've seen them in real life and they've blown me away. Yes, it doesn't look as good as the original Iroc concept, and yes, all that stuff about the production car looking just like the concept was never really going to happen. But every manufacturer says that about every concept they make. "Oh, this is exactly what the production car will look like" and then when it comes out it looks completely different.

P.S. I still want one. Who cares if it doesn't embody the original Scorocco or Corrado. As has been pointed out at punishing regularity throughout this thread it's a completely different car. They can call it what they want.

Calm down dear, its only a commercial :lol: