KipVR

KipVR's R3.2 Storm build

How long would you say the trimming work took? I think I got a great deal for £1050 . For the legth of time it took you, what would you say the job is worth in labour wise? I hope to see your car one day.

What have you got planned for the rims?

All the trimming would probably have taken me three weeks full time to complete it all, including headliner etc. I didn't actually glue the alcantara onto the headliner though, I paid to have that done by a professional with the proper glue.

You'll see about the rims next week!

hey pal, enjoyed our little jaunt today, hope you manage to make some more progress on it now - you have no excuse now it's at yours!!!

it looks and sounds awesome - i recon the wheels will look good once you've got them in normal silver and not diamond turned.

although i can see why things take you so long - i was like "is he really doing that??!?" when you randomly grabbed the sander and started attacking your wheel! :lol:

they will defo look better like that though from looking at what that "doctored" one turned out like.

hope the brakes settle down alright for you - be a bit of a nause having to replace the long section with solid now you've gone to the trouble with the flexi stuff. i recon you'll get some more air out of the system if you try hard. get a pressure bleed kit like we discussed today and you might have more luck.

anyway, cheers again for your efforts with my own brakes - very very much appreciated :D

i'm going to hold you to that spin in it when i'm back now!

take it easy

:)

Hey Pete, thanks for your help too, so much easier doing brakes with two people, I'm just about to go outside now and take all the wheels off leaving the car up in the air to get on with it, it's got to be finished by the time you get back!! Just driving it across town today made me remember just how nice the Corrado is to drive. I was also impressed by the ride from the dampers, it's turned out just as i'd hoped.

Bet you made it back in good time!! 10 MPG or something :D

Getting the paint from here.....

http://www.alloypaints.com/paints-1-c.asp

hi kip my leather will be coming out soon for a refurb, how much darker does it look , compared to pic . i know its hard to describe . also is that the furniture clinic colour ?. thanks rob .

Hello, just like to say that I think your car looks really great and seems to be the complete package! Good job :salute:

Hello, just like to say that I think your car looks really great and seems to be the complete package! Good job :salute:

Thanks mate, still lots more to come...

hi kip my leather will be coming out soon for a refurb, how much darker does it look , compared to pic . i know its hard to describe . also is that the furniture clinic colour ?. thanks rob .

Hi Rob, if you flick back a few pages you'll see the best for colour photo I have is of a front seat on it's own in my workshop. But all you have to do is pick a colour you like, anything at all, and send it up to them, they'll colour match it.

Hey dude, i've literally just gone through your whole thread, don't know how i missed it tbh. Everything bar the wheels is awesome imo. You need something a bit more ermm bbs..ish imo. Would suit your car perfectly!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE NO BBS!!!

This car is so stunning and the workmanship that has gone into it is amazing, putting BBS on it would be like admitting defeat. I do quite like those wheels and I reckon once they have the bling bling effect removed they will look loads better! Definitely something different from the norm

Will most definitely have to see this in the flesh if you bring it to any shows this year!

Just wanted to add my admiration for all your efforts. Fabulous :salute:

New seatbelts in too, although not VAG, I didn't have £187 per side spare!!!

Can I ask what belts you used? Front & back? Were they a straight fit or did the mounts need tweaking?

Many thanks,

Andrew

Perfect as it is, wheels and all :salute:

To me the wheels look luxurious like the interior, it's all very classy and gels well together imo.

I love the steering wheel mods, top work! I've been wanting to 'VW'ise my Momo wheel like that for ages, but it's finding the time! Why can't we be into cars when we're at school? Bumming around doing sweet FA for 6 weeks every summer....it's all quality time that could be put into a Corrado :lol:

Hey dude, i've literally just gone through your whole thread, don't know how i missed it tbh. Everything bar the wheels is awesome imo. You need something a bit more ermm bbs..ish imo. Would suit your car perfectly!

Cheers Abdul, just wait to see the finished article before you judge the wheels buddy :D

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE NO BBS!!!

This car is so stunning and the workmanship that has gone into it is amazing, putting BBS on it would be like admitting defeat. I do quite like those wheels and I reckon once they have the bling bling effect removed they will look loads better! Definitely something different from the norm

Will most definitely have to see this in the flesh if you bring it to any shows this year!

Cheers mate i'll bring it to a show or two for sure but probably won't actually 'show' it. The wheel debate goes on! I should put BBS on one side and my existing ones on the the other side! I like full face wheels, they are a bit less racer looking imo, but it's difficult to find anything that doesn't look like a Merc design, like the OZ Opera's

Just wanted to add my admiration for all your efforts. Fabulous :salute:

New seatbelts in too, although not VAG, I didn't have £187 per side spare!!!

Can I ask what belts you used? Front & back? Were they a straight fit or did the mounts need tweaking?

Many thanks,

Andrew

Thank you for the compliments Andrew

I bought some securon seatbelts, cut the ends off, slid the securon buckles off, put the VW buckles on, and then sewed the belts so that they had a loop on the end as per the VW belts.

After I'd done all that I saw that you can just buy refurbed seatbelts online and kicked myself. :roll:

http://www.quickfitsbs.com/rewebbing.asp

Perfect as it is, wheels and all :salute:

To me the wheels look luxurious like the interior, it's all very classy and gels well together imo.

I love the steering wheel mods, top work! I've been wanting to 'VW'ise my Momo wheel like that for ages, but it's finding the time! Why can't we be into cars when we're at school? Bumming around doing sweet FA for 6 weeks every summer....it's all quality time that could be put into a Corrado :lol:

Cheers Kev, I'm glad there are some wheel supporters! I'll win the others over in due course, they are currently blinded by the BBS light :lol: Mine are currently off the car and being worked on!

Funny you should mention the momo wheel, I was thinking to myself whilst I was doing it that I really hadn't moved on much in life, and that here I am at the age of 36 still spending every free moment I have messing with cars- exactly what i was doing at the age of 17, why is it that I feel I should put a VW symbol on my horn and that really I should be spending my time doing something that matters!! Then I decided that that kind of thinking was far too deep for me and carried on fettling my horn button into the night :D . If I'd put as much effort into my work life as i do with my cars then i'd probably be able to afford to pay someone to modify my car for me but where's the fun in that!

If I'd put as much effort into my work life as i do with my cars then i'd probably be able to afford to pay someone to modify my car for me but where's the fun in that!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

think that can be said for quite a few of us on here!

Started the wheel refurb.

I tried to turn this thread into a blog to trim it down a bit, but it looked as if it would be a very long task so i gave up! If anyone has any good tips let me know!

Few taster pics.

IMAG0564.jpg

Centre caps didn't fit....

IMAG0566.jpg

So I turned the centres out of the SSW ones, and fitted the VW one inside. They look good poking out a bit (only the vw cap sticks out -not all of it), but needed to be colour coded to the wheel to match..

IMAG0578.jpg

Go Compare

IMAG0568.jpg

Still have to put the clear coat on, and do the other 3 wheels!

hi buddy, I'm afraid it was a custom colour, done to an offcut I'd saved for years! Audi do a really nice dark red in the new TT though, it's similar to that, a bit lighter, I prefer the tt colour!

no-interior-uk.jpg

I've been really busy the last few months doing other stuff so I haven't had much time to get on with the Corrado, but I have got a few things sorted that needed doing, like taking the fusebox out and wrapping the individual looms in a vain attempt to make it less messy. It was a small improvement but not worth the effort!

I've also done a few bits of paintwork, to be perfect the paint needs stripping and a complete respray, but I'm not that fussed so maybe next winter. I'm going to have to make a new downpipe/cat section, as the current one is just too wide for the tunnel and knocks a little bit.

Pic of the wheels resprayed and on the car. Much better me thinks :-) Not sure on the centres sticking out though, may look at sinking those somehow.

Edited by KipVR

What a great build thread, unbelievable attention to detail!

Must be very satisfying to have done so much work on your car.

Wheels look spot on!

I like them a lot more now too, they fit in with the overall look of the car i'm trying to get to. I've been busy on a few other details which I think will turn out nice, piccies to follow shortly...

can't add much more to what's been said before, maybe another WOW!