robrado974

Robrado's rado she is staying

A few birthday parts turned up today . Er in doors has done well this year . I received a new heat shield for the bumper , bumper iron bolts , pedal rubbers and some shiny indicators .

Thanks Sean . A pic of the new indicators , trouble is they show how bad the foglights are !

IMG_1180.jpg

Also as said , I've had the gearbox seal renewed and the sump gasket . The oil cooler rubber seals were replaced as well . Then a good clean up of the engine while it was on the ramp . I replaced the dizzy and rotor arm too , it was looking tired and moisture had got into it . On to the next jobs now .

Edited by robrado974

Good work Rob :)

it's handy when your other half is happy to buy you parts for birthday/Xmas ,

I already have some plug leads here for Christmas, wondering what else I can wangle !

Thanks Darren . Yep , the other half is good like that . Hope to get some more for Xmas . I will be taking a look at your thread soon to see how your getting on .

I started to take the under trays and bits out today as I need new underlay . I never fitted it back after it got soaked because of a membrane leak . I will order the delux set from Heritage tomorrow. Then the drivers seat bolster needs replacing as its collapsed. I will repaint both seats and door cards as well . The rears are mint , so they will be ok . Progress is slow on the underneath of the car , I want to be able to do stuff myself (the interior) while I'm saving for the underside parts . I get bored in the evenings and need something to do . A neibour has a small compressor so I can borrow that to paint the seats . I will take out the rest of the interior afterwards to rid the car of rattles and squeaks .

Not much but its a start .

IMG_1011.jpg

Nice and clean .

The new parts are dribbling in, as and when i can afford it . Bolts n bits n pieces . Like British rail , im getting there .

good stuff! , i need to do this to mine, was it fairly straight forward? cheers

Could not be easier mate tbh . Just support the tank , remove the old straps and replace with the new set . The only slight problem I had was removing the old bolts , I had to hammer on a smaller socket as the bolts were in a right mess . New bolts are available on EBay , as is the bracket.

£67.00 with the dreaded mate . I have a mate whose a carpet fitter , so I was going to get some gear from him , but the proper stuff is all cut to shape , so I won't have to mess around .

Hi Jimmy . They had the Corrado runners welded to them . They were very tight to get in though and they are a lot heavier than standard seats .

Hi Jimmy . They had the Corrado runners welded to them . They were very tight to get in though and they are a lot heavier than standard seats .

Where were they tight to get in? Thanks for replying to me! I've heard some people use the demon tweeks bases but I'm not sure

I found them quite tight on the handbrake tunnel and removing them and getting them in was a bit of a task . Maybe the runners were a bit out , i dont know ?.

So today i removed the interior , well the front anyway . As said in my last posts ,i have new underlay to go down and a heated seat loom on the way so the carpets are out . The seats are in dire need of refurbing , the bolster has sunk on the drivers side . I have a working heater control set to fit as well as my directional control has broken . So i have a few hours work there . The drivers seat has been put back in so i can still drive the car . This to me is important as im not fond of removing the battery over the winter period and putting it on trickle charge and the car not moving .It needs to be driven . On removing the carpet , i accidently ripped it !!!!. I was carefully removing it from where it is stuck to the rear carpet and it tore a hole in it . So i think a new one will be ordered from Heritage .Not something i wanted to have to buy but accidents happen . The rear mat will hide the rip but i know it will niggle me . I know ive had membrane problems in the past but when i removed the nasty old sound deadening it was sweating or condensating under there . I have managed to track down a front and rear crossmember and subframe . Ive decided to refurb the rear underside first , which i have all the parts for . Then work my way to the front later on as an when i can afford to powder coat parts . A few pics from today .

IMG_1274.jpg

IMG_1273_1.jpg

IMG_1195.jpg

Thanks . It's not a bad job to do . Just make sure there is plenty of grease on the cogs . You should be able to swop the cables over ok . It's the cables on the floor which can be a pain , but they will already be in place .

Well with all the sound deadening out of the car ,bar some higher stuff that is up by the pedals and a bit behind the plastic part that runs along the tunnel towards the bowden cables , i have been inspecting the car in the mornings and evenings and they has been condensation on the floor . I felt the remaining deadening and it felt dry apart from the bit along the tunnel , so i have now removed it all apart from where it goes right up behind the dash on the passenger side . Hopefully it will be dry tomorrow . It must have been wet since i had the membrane leak , even though i had a dehumidifier in there for ages . I have two bin liners covering the bottom of the screen onto the bonnet to stop the leaves getting under it , so i cant see any water getting into the foliage panel . However to be sure i have newspaper under it in the cabin which will show any tell tale drips . Both foot wells are covered in talcum powder to reveal anything as well . I also checked the boot and noticed where the seal runs along the bottom and sits next to the boot plastic , its soaked !.The lights are as tight as can be , so i presume the spoiler is leaking again . Things are not looking good at the moment !.

IMG_1294.jpg

IMG_1293_1.jpg

IMG_1292.jpg

I had already removed the spoiler and sealed around the plastic part that houses the captive nuts . What are the chances of removing them again without it breaking , i was lucky last time . If theres one thing that really bugs me ,its when you take time to do something and make sure its ok , only for it to go wrong again . So now the rear of the car is going to have to be stripped too . BUGGER!. I think the spare room is going to be over flowing with new parts and old parts i need to remove . My heated seat loom arrived this week from Vaghag Chris , so there is some good news .

Edited by robrado974

'Wetness & Talcum Powder' ?!

Thought I was on the wrong website for a minute !

Seriously though, water leaks can be a nightmare on these old cars, is it worth trying a car cover or something ?

I think you could be trying forever to stop the water getting in.