Rams

How often to you wash your pride and joy?

I must have washed my car 3 times in one week! I think I am going to start making a record.

Starting from today because its dusty.

Who has the most OCD over their cars?

in the opposite end of the spectrum, i haven't cleaned or polished my car in over a year. but then... she is sorn and under a cover so I probably don't count.

I was just about to call you a lazy something! lol When r u bringing her back to life?

Same here, about once a month. Although I'm about to wash it for the first time this year today! Going to The petrol station for the 1st time since 2010 too!

Washed it for the first time in about 6 months the other day, love a freshly cleaned red car. Supposed to be going in for a lick of paint anytime now though so refraining from polishing or waxing it, usually clean it once a week in the summer though

Same here, about once a month. Although I'm about to wash it for the first time this year today! Going to The petrol station for the 1st time since 2010 too!

Enjoy the massive saving we received to fuel duty not! A nice day, rado running well, juiced up, perfect!

---------- Post added at 11:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 AM ----------

long..... long story with very little of interest unfortunately http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?44782-Alex-s-G60-Mistress-IT-S-ALIVE%21

So not too far away then.....

I just hope they keep interest rates low? I am in the same boat Tracker wise but if the goverment fudge it up.... likely..... then reserve some pennies incase it does hike up. Hopefully not

Varies and is weather dependant.

16vG60 has not seen water since September last year, nugget could do with a wash and I washed the VR last weekend when I got it back home.

I wash my pride and joy every morning in the shower, as for the Corrado it's about every couple of weeks, I live right on the coast so it's constantly bombarded by seagulls which sorta makes it necessary.

Atleast once a week. Never like to see any of my cars dirty. And its more of a good going over everytime,never just a simple wash. Out with the tyre gel,black plastics all done etc.

Atleast once a week. Never like to see any of my cars dirty. And its more of a good going over everytime,never just a simple wash. Out with the tyre gel,black plastics all done etc.

This. Exactly this. Plus I use my bag of cleaning products to clean windows once I can see the wiper marks appear.

Also have a cloth for just cleaning the dust build up on rear bumper. Too much?

Oh, and I take out the corrado mats and bang the sh!t out've them when they get a bit dusty.

Now, as it's Friday, and I'm bored in work, I'm going to explain my car washing tekkers....der um'ba'liveable!!

First, hose car down. then get an old sponge, soak it in the bucket of hot water and clean the lower sides and the wheels/alloys. Then I get a Jumbo Sponge, and this is the clever bit, pour some of the wash/wax concentrate on the wet sponge and sponge down the car. Product attached. Can't recommend enough.

As your doing it you can see the suds sort've thick'n and sit on the car rather then run off. I'll re-do bonnet & sides few times and rinse off.

Then comes the water blade yoke, always wash the blade first to make sure it's grit-free, then use the blade to clear the water off the car from top down obviously!

Job done. The Storm has been coming up stunning now with each new wash.

This now leads nicely into pics of the clean cars.... Lets see them.

I am waiting for C5 OEM to reply, that car is always gleaming!

So there are some serial car cleaners out there, thats some serious love and attention and cleaning products. Its strange how relaxing a good clean can be. I hate it when the water runs down from the mirrors and area near bumper from light. I now take her for a spin round the block then a final dry off.

I have never been a fan of those blades for removing excess water. Have you tried the thick drying towels. One wipe and its all gone and streak free. Have a ganders on the Meguires website. I think the softer the material the better and the less you have to go over the same spot the better. R U using the 2 bucket method? I did but got lazy and just make sure I dont scoop down to low into the bucket.

I vow to never take it to one of these drive in drive out places though.

Depends what car is it and how dirty is it, usually once a month but it happens that my golf mk2 never been washed and had it for over 2 years, car was white and dirt wasn't so much visible and including many rainy days in Scotland car almost washed him self :D

The C has been under cover the last 5 months and hasn't been touched, it'll be getting a wash in the next couple of weeks as I'll have finished putting it all together and putting grubby hand prints all over it.

Durning the summer it gets washed roughly every other week.

My Golf on the other hand, was last washed 2 years ago.:pale: :shock:

People at work keep telling me to get it washed. And it does look a state. My excuss is that the dirt is now forming a protective layer over the paint.

Ive only really washed the red half a dozen times since in a year but it doesnt really get that dirty. Have to admit that its just a wash and thats it. Polished maybe twice. The red does look good when polished though. Might just do it tomorrow for pre-MOT.

id not done the G for a lil while and with driving on the motorway everyday its got pretty dirty over the winter period. washed it two weeks ago the back end was mingin!!! it looks well once washed though so need to try and keep on top of it.

not sure what to do. was thinkin of getting it detailed, theres a guy just done my brothers for round £60 - wash, clay bar, wax, polish, interior and does a right go job. but i need to get the front end sprayed. not sure which to do first. i know the best option is to keep on washin myself and get it sprayed first but i think getting it detailed would do it a world of good!

this is my brothers car, the pics dont really do it justice, both before and after. it was shocking how dirty it was and how it turned out.

http://www.ladsoc.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=26927&highlight=

I used to wash it every week or so, but got a bit lazy over winter(far to cold to be standing outside polishing). I always wax and polish and a bit of detailing, so its never just a 'wash'. That said has'nt had a wash in a while as its sat in my garage and has only been taken out on nice dry sunny days so far, so its still pretty clean from last time(about 2 months ago!), although i think a good wash is overdue as the interior is filthy too.

I do find a good detailing session very relaxing(clean car clean mind... oh now THAT is sad)

Tom

I'm aiming for once a fortnight and have given it, its first polish. Not ever...since I got it in January

Edited by dalhalvaig

ok then, so how many of you have been out today and washed yours?

didnt mange to do the whole car but i did the door shuts, door frames, boot shut, underside of the boot lid, front panel, inner wings and strut tops.

they looked loads better afterwards. think they will need another couple of good going overs though.