ChrisL

Blackberry VR6...BBS RS301's -SOLD!

Ooooo I've got some engine bay competition :thumbleft: In all seriousness it's alot cleaner than mine.

Cheers Guys! appreciate the compliments.

THe battery cover was on the car when I got it, I just assumed they were standard.

Where did you find the battery jacket? Is it a standard thing or did you find it elsewhere?

Yeah Sean you can get a VW battery jacket not available anymore I believe I have a BMW one on my Battery check out ebay

Another good night on the car, its now like this:

photo1_zpscf80ea2d.jpg

And my painted gearbox all covered by wiring and water hoses!

photo_zps277d3172.jpg

The only thing I never cleaned up when I rebuilt everything on mine was the starter motor and to be honest, you'll never know as everything down there is so covered up by pipes and wires!

Superb! Really does look pristine. I remember when I tried to make my engine bay look tidier in the 16v. Forgot the put the oil cap back on after, covering the whole bay in the stuff! Be careful :)

Well I think I officially have a problem... cleaned the cat heat sheild last night

45c6ad6a-4dd1-4b9b-918d-f7c931f7430b_zpsb0fbaa05.jpg

But then I'm looking at the cat thinking how grubby and rusty it looked, so I had a quick go with the wire wheel and then an hour later

photo6_zps435bbad4.jpg

Shame only the MOT man will ever see it.....

Never fails to amaze me just what can be achieved with elbow grease though. Never thought I'd compliment someone on the condition of their catalytic converter but... looks great!

It'll be rusty and filthy again in six months though! I too have got carried away with,the wire wheel a few times! That and cleaning with petrol, which could pose a problem on start up............

Meh, I've got 30 litres of the stuff contaminated with diesel from the SECOND time the missus filled the TID up with petrol. :rolleyes:

Well another weekend spent under the Corrado, but finally today it took its first breath of fuel since September and fired into life!!

Started with no problems and got everything back together. it was raining but managed to drive it forwards and backwards a little in the garage to check the gears.

The only thing i would say is the clutch feels really light and there is a fair amount of travel on the brake pedal but I havent driven it for a long time and when your used to newer cars its hard to say if its normal or not! Might get the garage to check it out.

So its going to the garage for tracking / camber setting this week and then a good clean for Sunday! Oh and tyres fitted to the RS's so these need to go on too.

Good news indeed, bet you were apprehensive about turning the key..

I don't think there is a comment i can make on the work standard that hasn't been said already..