daves16v

Corrado Short Shifter

Rams,

Yes you can fit from underneath as far as I know. I await your PM.

Thanks

Dave

I know this isn't the right thread,

But I wanted to show off what else Dave makes !

The "infamous" gear surround,

Enjoy

5284eef4-0d00-1cf4.jpg

A very talented man

Yeah I saw one of those on Quick1980's car. Very nice indeed!

I've done about 5-600 miles in mine since fitting Dave's short shift and it's been spot on.

Just collected mine from the local sorting office, looks a quality item and I look forward to fitting it. Thanks Dave.

well fitted the shifter today, and if i'm being honest i did not expect it to make as much difference as it has, its sooooo much nicer to drive with such little effort to change gear, plus when fitting it shoving loads of new grease makes it feel smoother also, so if you have not bought one off Dave get one bought as its a top mod for a corrado.

What part do you grease up please?

well when you get the short shifter from Dave its all nice and clean, so i just bunged bloody grease everywhere as it cant hurt.

well when you get the short shifter from Dave its all nice and clean, so i just bunged bloody grease everywhere as it cant hurt.

I'll go and grease mine up then - I spent so long d!cking around removing the bit of metal to get the pin out I sort of rushed the last bit.

All greased up with nice fresh grease now.

Edited by 4eyes2wheels

Dave! Fitted the gear shifter I bought from you at National day and all I can say is, it's bloody great! My gear shift vibration has disappeared totally, used to be able to see in first gear especially the shifter moving back and forth ever so slightly and it made a noise where it was vibrating.

Also, seems so much more solid, I must have had some worn bushes?! Used some chain spray grease but may clean again and grease up a bit more.

There were a few differences in my shifter and the one you supplied which I will PM you about when I send it as curious to know if there are different types between late and early.

Very happy with gear change but needs a bit of getting used to and it's night and day difference.

Will send you my old one back.

Excellent job!

Dave, many thanks mate...mine was a fitted a few days ago & it makes a really great difference.

All the 'slop' has now gone & the gearchange feels nice & positive now, great little mod!!

Thanks dave got the gear surround this morning and have it fitted first class work you have done thank again for the short shift and the surround I will get a handbrake parts in a few weeks your work is first class

Hi Dave,

I have the Corrado G60 from July 1991, before the facelift etc. So I have the old style mechanism at the gearbox end, and I have changed all parts I could there. Inside the car, I don't know if they are the same? Does your mod work on mine too?

And do you have a mechanism htat I could just buy? I shall be happy to send you money straight away.

ps: I haven't managed to source a bracket for the generator plastic cover yet.

Best wishes,

Redfox.

Definitely interested in this - Tore a ligament in my left arm recently so changing into 1st, 3rd, and 5th gear in my C at the moment is a bitch.

Borrowed a Ford Focus recently while my Valver was in the shop and i must admit, I preferred and grew quite found of the focus's shifter! It's tight and responsive, everything locks into place. Shortening the sweep on my C would def help.

Does it tighten everything up as well?

Dave - I'll PM you soon to confirm.

Cheers,

Definitely interested in this - Tore a ligament in my left arm recently so changing into 1st, 3rd, and 5th gear in my C at the moment is a bitch.

Borrowed a Ford Focus recently while my Valver was in the shop and i must admit, I preferred and grew quite found of the focus's shifter! It's tight and responsive, everything locks into place. Shortening the sweep on my C would def help.

Does it tighten everything up as well?

Dave - I'll PM you soon to confirm.

Cheers,

It gives the feeling of tightening things up, I do try to take some slack out of the mechanism where I can.

I just want to say, I fitted mine at the weekend and for anyone who is even remotely wondering if you should get one. Do it!!

It's completely transformed my gear shift from being all vague and sloppy to being tight and precise.

Not only did my new shift reduce the throw but it is also much tighter than the one I removed. Dave is doing a great deal here and for £40 you just have to have one. Should have been like this from the factory!

Edited by OllieVR6

I'm still waiting for 6 shifters to be returned, could those who have bought one and not returned it either send it back for your exchange refund or let me know if you are keeping it.

I rely on exchanges so that others can benefit from this great mod.

Many thanks.

I still need to send mine back, I'll do that tomorrow (meant to do it earlier but I've been on my own at work for a week so haven't had a lunch break to get down the post office).

I'll PM those wanting a shifter when I have them ready but it won't be anytime soon I'm afraid.

had mine a while now and would just like to say it's a brilliant addition to the car - the throw feels much more usable that the standard. many thanks!