Harrier

C11 VRG / Sold,new year/new C !!

Here [ATTACH]79548[/ATTACH][ATTACH]79549[/ATTACH][ATTACH]79550[/ATTACH][ATTACH]79551[/ATTACH]

Ok, waiting for the 'they all come back' reply's !

so here I am again, 6 months after selling my old Corrado .I soon realised after my Corrado had gone that I wasn't 'done' with them as I had thought, even though I have owned one for around 15 years now !! and so kept an eye on the classifieds for another.I haven't enjoyed the M3 especially and it will be up for sale very soon.

So I spotted this car for sale privately, just before Christmas on a lesser known classic car web site , Diamond Black metallic,black leather,one owner from new,now retired,completely original with dealer number plate plinth & rear window sticker, 69kmiles, always garaged & lots of history.

The ad looked great so made an appointment to look at the car,not too far from me. My initial reaction wasn't that great because although the interior looked almost as new, the underside very clean & free from corrosion,engine sounding sweet, the body panels however had received a fair few car park dints and the rear bumper creased. After going away and thinking about it though I thought if I could get it for a good deal less than the asking price it could be a great car ,after a visit to the body shop.So I made an offer and after a bit of haggling got the car for I think a fair price.

So caught the train up to Pinner, West London today and bought it home !

It drives really well, on the standard suspension & 15in Speedlines,no rattles or creaks from the interior and the engine pulls very well too so pretty happy with it at the mo.

Will have a better look over it tomorrow at the workshop

Will start up a gallery build thread soon. Will be getting it ready for the bodyshop visit & hopefully get to a show or two by May ish.

My only dilemma at the moment with this car is whether to lightly modify it with wheels and suspension etc or keep it completely standard and just get in the best shape possible ? I think it maybe deserves the latter and I have grown to appreciate a standard Corrado.

Thoughts welcome on that please !

thanks for reading

Daren.

couple of quick picks :DSC_0388_zps37649375.jpgDSC_0387_zps126a23cd.jpg

Brilliant! Welcome back Daren - although you never really went away! Look forward to seeing this mate! :thumbleft:

Lovely car Daren. Definitely keep it standard, the drive is so much nicer then the crashy coil overs.

See you at a show later this year then!

It really does say a lot for the Corrado that it brings you back even with an E46 M3 - a car that I always assumed would leave cars such as the Corrado nothing more than a distant memory, rather than something you wanted to come back to.

Welcome back anyway and good to know this has gone to a good home!

2 cars I've always regretted selling, 1 being my 964 911(especially given current values!) and the other being my last Corrado.

At least I have another Corrado!

Another thumbs up for standard suspension, I love how mine drives even if there is space for a small family of Albanians!

we should call people who sell boomerangs! welcome back Darren :D

Or mental :)

Thanks Chris

I,m still mulling over the stay stock or modify question 15 month's after buying mine!. No question C,s look so much better lowered but I,m loath to mess with an unmessed survivor..... Or am I ?! : )

Nice one Darren, good to see you back in a C and hopefully see you at a few shows.

Out of interest, why doesn't the beemer tick the boxes?

Rog.

Hi Rog,

A few reasons really: they are great cars (noise,handling,performance) but the manual gearbox isn't great, clunky & agricultural, the engine is pretty noisy & whiney also. Nice looking features with the big arches, bonnet bulge & quad exhausts but not that different from a normal coupe really so loads about.

My daily is an e46 330i touring and there isn't enough difference between the two. I actually think I prefer driving the touring as it's auto & quiet & refined by comparison .

The main reason though

I paid a lot for the M3 as it's a low miler and low owner and for a weekend summer car it just seems silly having it sat in the garage getting so little use while it's value is going to depreciate quite a lot before it levels out.I have only done 1000 miles in it !

This is why I chose another Corrado !

Its value should remain steady or maybe even increase!

I have owned them for so long now that it just feels weird not having one

My young sons missed it and I think even my wife did !

This Forum although a little quiet these days is still way better than the M3 one I was using !!

And of course I have made friends & memories through owning a Corrado so why not have another ?

That's about it :)