clumpy1

Clumpy1's R32 (For sale on Ebay)

Thank's no where near finished yet plenty of bit's to sort power wise 254.5 may not sound like much but when the vvt kick's in above about 4k rpm it take's off i have mate's with high 200's bhp and they struggle other day a brand new 911 c4s 80 to 100 going nowhere and that was without going down a gear it truly is a little mighty mouse.

On the cav mate the pic is in my later post which is showing as jpg no's instead of the pic's even you with your extensive knowledge of all wheel's may be stumped as they look like a few.

You are quite correct mate they are vauxhall omega mv6 wheel's thank's again for sorting out pic's matey.

They do look alot like audi's mate my mate got them off ebay for £80 bought another set for £70 for the tyre's on them sanded primed/painted/lacqured all in £180 not counting what he get's back for the wheel's tyre's came off B argain and by the way they are 17's tho they look bigger.

The third pic is a cracker took it about ten o'clock last nite after the police gave me a £60 ticket for no seatbelt i had literally just pulled out and they were on me bit sad really but that's copper's sad jobsworth's.

You should do what I do - get some T shirts with a thick diagonal black stripe, I've not worn a seatbelt since I was 7 years old...

Bit confused by the dyno plots! So it started out with 224hp and ended up with 284? Bloody good result if so! :) I do love an R that's at full health :)

Car is looking great matey!

Thank's Ron plenty more to do yet :bonk:

---------- Post added at 3:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 2:59 PM ----------

You should do what I do - get some T shirts with a thick diagonal black stripe, I've not worn a seatbelt since I was 7 years old...

Good idea don't know if i would get away with it up here Police are right on the ball up here.

---------- Post added at 3:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 3:01 PM ----------

The Porsche wheels really suit it well, I like..

Cheer's Chris you are right they are a lovely looking wheel but not a very comfy ride with 40mm adaptor's on front and 30mm on back but people do walk into lampost's when they see them.I have got another new set these one's are 16's and these I believe will look better than the porsche's.

---------- Post added at 3:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 3:05 PM ----------

Bit confused by the dyno plots! So it started out with 224hp and ended up with 284? Bloody good result if so! :) I do love an R that's at full health :)

The first plot's ie the 224 and 284 are the one's that were done prior to me owning it Kev and it was running rich as hell up to 4krpm then running lean above the other plot's 205 and 254 are the one's I got done up here mine is a Mk4 R32 engine remember which on a good one were 240 out the box the only mod's to the engine at the moment are the air filter and exhaust so 254 is about right mate it is alot nicer to drive now very smooth and still Rapid I had a play with a mk5 R32 and he had nothing couldn't get near me tee hee. And I am now getting high 20's into the 30's when pootling now wouldn't like to think what it was before not that economy is of any great importance as it doesn't get used all the time only in the dry which is about 2week's a year up here if we're lucky.

Lovely mate :) The only reason MK4s make less than MK5s is because the smaller bore MAF and relevant ECU tweak. MK4 always felt a little punchier to me. The MK5 got a drop in CR and a different exhaust cam, which might be the reason! On the R32 forums, MK4 engines make 270-280 with breathing / zorst mods and the bigger MAF but as you're standalone, you should be able to get more than 254.

Do you know if your mapper mapped the VVT? You can get some good gains from using that! Sounds like your engine isn't far off judging by your mpgs. My remapped MK4 is currently averaging 29 and I can also hit low 30s on a 70mph cruise :)

Lovely mate :) The only reason MK4s make less than MK5s is because the smaller bore MAF and relevant ECU tweak. MK4 always felt a little punchier to me. The MK5 got a drop in CR and a different exhaust cam, which might be the reason! On the R32 forums, MK4 engines make 270-280 with breathing / zorst mods and the bigger MAF but as you're standalone, you should be able to get more than 254.

Do you know if your mapper mapped the VVT? You can get some good gains from using that! Sounds like your engine isn't far off judging by your mpgs. My remapped MK4 is currently averaging 29 and I can also hit low 30s on a 70mph cruise :)

Don't know if he remapped the vvt mate I'll have a word with him and see if he can do anything he also told me you can actually run up to a V8 with the S60 ecu I've been looking at the HPA short runner and also a company called blue water performance who do a cracker and JBS over here choices choices.

Edited by clumpy1

The S60 can do the VVT I think. My S80 defo did. You can pick up another 30-40lbft with a nicely mapped VVT. Give me a shout if you need any help with it.

You lose 50lbft with the HPA intake. The guys on the vortex did a back to back dyno. A few guys in the states have 310-320hp with cams etc.

That's crazy money for a relatively small amount of gain I will be in touch mate no doubt still trying to get to grip's with the DTA not sure if my tuner is trying to play on the fact i know little about DTA. I however have been on the DTA forum trying to gleam as much info as I can just a pity you are so far away in Essex by the way Laurence had nothing but good to say about you when i met him at Stanford and have to say that engine looked like it was meant to be in that bay :salute:

Well in apparently true corrado style I have come across a little niggle today which couldn't have came at a worse time week before national day.I was cleaning the front end/engine bay so had the headlight's out when i was replacing the driver's side something caught my eye on the belt at first i thought it was a bit of fluff from a rag or something on closer inspection it was actually part of the belt.The upshot of it is my mate is getting it off 2moro to try and determine which belt to use (correct size) At the moment national day is still very do-able have to see how thing's go tomorrow.I have told him to replace the tensioner bearing and anything else he feel's not happy with.

Now come on John, I mean Dave, I mean Chris, I mean James....................

I know its a long way for you to travel, but don't go using an auxiliary belt as an excuse to stop you coming! You've got a week to sort it, and it'll cost you less than a fiver! :p

It will hopefully be all sorted tomorrow mate but this car is a mix and match of R32/VR6/G60 so we need to determine which one is required don't worry mate i will be there gave the car a detail with the new 3M gear and am quite pleased with the result's still some work to do but it has come back to life.Can't wait till next weekend :dance:

sorry clumpy i should have realized you had brizzol barons r32

shes looking sweet shame i cant make it next weekend but we shall catch up soon enough!

Dan

sorry clumpy i should have realized you had brizzol barons r32

shes looking sweet shame i cant make it next weekend but we shall catch up soon enough!

Dan

She is looking even sweeter after a bit of a detail there is more in the pipeline for next year though let's see what happen's. I mate we will I like the rare stuff hence why I bought a G60 in the first place then possibly even rarer R32 powered Ex G60 this is why your car intrigue's me uber rare G60 you are a lucky chap :thumbleft:

touche

you should be watching hunt v lauda instead of bieng on here!

Edited by wbx6dan

touche

you should be watching hunt v lauda instead of bieng on here!

Had it on in the background not alot I haven't seen regarding this being my age :lol:

Well in apparently true corrado style I have come across a little niggle today which couldn't have came at a worse time week before national day.I was cleaning the front end/engine bay so had the headlight's out when i was replacing the driver's side something caught my eye on the belt at first i thought it was a bit of fluff from a rag or something on closer inspection it was actually part of the belt.The upshot of it is my mate is getting it off 2moro to try and determine which belt to use (correct size) At the moment national day is still very do-able have to see how thing's go tomorrow.I have told him to replace the tensioner bearing and anything else he feel's not happy with.

Well spotted! :salute: That could've been a right ball ache had you not caught it in time. I can't offer any advise as to which belt you'd need but could be worth looking through the paperwork to find a part number - probably quicker to just measure up though, you'd be there all night :lol:

Mines running, so a bit of time to put the interior back together and i'll see you saturday! 8)

Thanks mate, I appreciate the kind words :D That motor did sit in there nicely and it was very easy to get it looking that way too :D

How is my old girl looking? I know Laurence had some plans for the wheels and stuff?