clumpy1

Clumpy1's R32 (For sale on Ebay)

Thanks mate, I appreciate the kind words :D That motor did sit in there nicely and it was very easy to get it looking that way too :D

How is my old girl looking? I know Laurence had some plans for the wheels and stuff?

It was looking very good Kev he had put some cloth recaro's in and done some other bit's and bob's trimwise inside he was talking respray as well.I came across your thread on the DTA Forum the little tuning box you had was it from mef motorsport and did you sell it or do you still have it and what was it like to use.Will you be making a guest appearance at national day?

Good stuff! Yeah a respray was on the agenda for me too if I'd kept it.

Yeah it was a Mef tuning box and I sold that and all my other DTA stuff last year unfortunately. The tuning box makes tuning on a lot easier as you don't have to keep looking at the laptop. You just turn the fuel and timing knobs until it drives nicely and then press a button to store it to the map. So much quicker to tune!

No mate, I don't go to shows :D

Good stuff! Yeah a respray was on the agenda for me too if I'd kept it.

Yeah it was a Mef tuning box and I sold that and all my other DTA stuff last year unfortunately. The tuning box makes tuning on a lot easier as you don't have to keep looking at the laptop. You just turn the fuel and timing knobs until it drives nicely and then press a button to store it to the map. So much quicker to tune!

No mate, I don't go to shows :D

Well we have got to the bottom of the shredded power steering belt it look's like it might be another bodge job so your not the only one Sean :) The original diagnosis was the tensioner pulley so a new tensioner and belt was fitted upon start up my mechanic could hear it was rubbing on further inspection it was rubbing on the crank pulley because we assume it is the original G60 pump was pulling it out of alignment some washer's had been fitted to try and remedy it but not enough. So until I get confirmation that an R32 pump can be used the pump has been ground sensibly to allow enough room for a couple of extra washer's to be fitted only a temporary fix. Kev can you let me know if you used the R32 pump or your original VR6 one and did you have to modify in any way shame you don't do show's you are one person I would like to have a look round mine:D

I'm sure you've got a long way to go before the bodges amount to the ones on mine mate! Good to hear you'll be able to make it regardless though, as you've been running it like that without knowing for a while, so with the extra washers you should be safe to make it if you don't manage to sort a replacement pump in time! :thumbleft:

Just a little update before the car come's off the road at the beginning of september for the winter got a few job's to do over the winter including fitting a couple of choice part's acquired from BillCor :thumbleft: thank's Bill your a good man.I also got the plate i bought on before sorning.[ATTACH=CONFIG]75444[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]75445[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]75446[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]75447[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]75448[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]75449[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]75450[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]75451[/ATTACH]

Loving that steering wheel!

Cheer's Ron I have been looking for one for a while.Bill find's some cracking stuff I even have the original leather off it to authenticate it as a real BBS wheel,it feel's awesome and is surprisingly light.

Seats are nice too. Cant wait to see the updates.

Would love that steering wheel, if you ever sell it can I have first refusal please????

Seats are nice too. Cant wait to see the updates.

Would love that steering wheel, if you ever sell it can I have first refusal please????

Thank's Chris the seat's are Mint and i mean mint they are that good they have me in a place where i am not sure what to do with them.As i have cream leather headlining,A,B,C pillar trim,s and door card's however the front door card's are one off's that Baron got made however the rear's have got original leather on them so are not great and the "pointy corner's" are damaged (I have a new mint set). I am actually thinking of keeping the seat's as they are and getting the door card's,headlining and A,B,C pillar's recovered in Alcantara. Regarding the steering wheel of course you can Chris it is probably the one thing that would "finish" your car. There was one on Edition not to long ago for £250 but was a bit tatty they are getting expensive now as they are becoming rare. Thank's for the comment's it mean's alot coming from guy's with car's like your's ;)

Love the Number Plate, I really need one now! Both sets of your seats are fantastic mate, not sure which I'd prefer to be honest. The Recaros are, well.... Recaros, and retain some originality, yet the R32 seats look amazing and are finished really well. I'm not big on aftermarket steering wheels though tbh, although again this looks like a nice addition and will sit well with the Recaros mate.

Love the Number Plate, I really need one now! Both sets of your seats are fantastic mate, not sure which I'd prefer to be honest. The Recaros are, well.... Recaros, and retain some originality, yet the R32 seats look amazing and are finished really well. I'm not big on aftermarket steering wheels though tbh, although again this looks like a nice addition and will sit well with the Recaros mate.

I know exactly what you are saying regarding aftermarket steering wheel's I wouldn't entertain a Momo or suchlike I like the BBS one as it look's like it is meant to be there. Seat's I have still got a little niggling doubt regarding getting rid of the Koenig's as they are a truly awesome seat that hold you in so well yet are super comfortable maybe I'll keep them all :cuckoo:

All in your bedroom with the various set of wheels you have there too! What you need to do is put the four wheels on the corners of your bed, sit up with your steering wheel and make brum brum noises! :awesome:

All in your bedroom with the various set of wheels you have there too! What you need to do is put the four wheels on the corners of your bed, sit up with your steering wheel and make brum brum noises! :awesome:

That would not go down well mate.That's tyre's the wheel's are in the cupboard :lol:

Looking excellent. As Sean says, the steering wheel will go really well with the Recaros 8)

Thank's mate All comment's are appreciated I am a Learner so it All help's ;)

Small update even though my car is in winter hibernation now I had sold my Koenig's etc to Mr Lobitos so out they came today all palleted up ready to go to it's new home :( So had to put the driver's Recaro in to be able to put car in garage :dance: will put a couple of pic's up 2moro.There are a few changes planned over the winter ready for the show season next year.

i love it mate cars looking sick. liking the bhp figures aswell.. looks like i got some competition haha. you took it on a strip?

Competition? If you get that charger fitted and mapped properly you should be a good bit over 300bhp but u are right when the R32 get's going further up the rev range it is a bit of a monster. Thank's mate :thumbleft: there will be a few bit's changing over the winter.

Competition? If you get that charger fitted and mapped properly you should be a good bit over 300bhp but u are right when the R32 get's going further up the rev range it is a bit of a monster. Thank's mate :thumbleft: there will be a few bit's changing over the winter.

im going to be keeping a close eye on it mate. Yer the kit came with 2 Ecu chips custom made by VF-engineering that have to be hard wired in so i guess that counts as a "proper map" Also the kit came with some silly large injectors so that in mind along side all the other engine mods High lift cams bla bla bla.. should be running sweeeeeet.

Its a shame you live so far away man! If you down south pre show season make sure to hit me up and we can go for a mad drive!

Isn't the map supplied by VF Engineering for US 2.8 litre Corrado's.. or have they got a proper UK map now? You may want to factor a custom rolling road remap at someone by Stealth if not.

Isn't the map supplied by VF Engineering for US 2.8 litre Corrado's.. or have they got a proper UK map now? You may want to factor a custom rolling road remap at someone by Stealth if not.

I sent them my Chassis number and several photos of the ECU as my kit was made to order from VF-engineering, With this in mind i assumed the chips provided would be specific to the car?

Love the compomotive's mate, thought about having them in silver for a touch of class?

Car really does look great btw, good to see you putting your own touch on it!

The comp's look mince silver unless your talking 17's and we all know 17's are a totally different look to 16's plus I don't like the ride quality with 17's. Anyway there are another 2 set's of wheel's yet to make an appearance on the car they will be next year though.

How many sets of wheels you got now buddy? ;) looks mean this car..... has the bite to match too doesn't it!

Only 3 set's at the moment Chris 2 set's require some work but should be done for next year's show season.Aye it's nippy but surprisingly like the VR6 above 4k it really come's alive. :cheers: