clumpy1

New look forum

agree with sean, other than thats its a lovely looking set up and it runs alot faster. Maybe get some sort of corrado related detail (outline of something) incorporated into the "the corrado forum" header block.

but yer, its sweet!

I approve, nice work Andi.

Don't know if I told you this, but it was seeing your old purple C around Redhill/Reigate yeaaaars ago that made me want to get one (I used to live in Earlswood). Small world! Right, enough butt kissing - back to work!

Speed is good, very hard to read through the headlines- in 'what's New'though.

Mixture of blue and black type - then overtyping - difficult on the eyes.

Otherwise what I have viewed so far, looks good

Known issue with the avatars. I'll try and get it fixed soon. You can still click "the Corrado Forum" banner to see the old What's New view.

I approve, nice work Andi.

Don't know if I told you this, but it was seeing your old purple C around Redhill/Reigate yeaaaars ago that made me want to get one (I used to live in Earlswood). Small world! Right, enough butt kissing - back to work!

Haha, nice to hear! Purple was and is always the best :-D

agree with sean, other than thats its a lovely looking set up and it runs alot faster. Maybe get some sort of corrado related detail (outline of something) incorporated into the "the corrado forum" header block.

but yer, its sweet!

I plan on updating the banner with the logo at some point. The current one was a 30 second job ;-)

Thanks for all the positive feedback, guys and girls!

I hope it brings some love back to the CF :-)

this. not tried on IE but in chrome its not formatting correctly (hopefully its not intended), text over text etc.

personally i don't like the home page being the activity stream. must say though speed is vastly improved, especially the search function..

this. not tried on IE but in chrome its not formatting correctly (hopefully its not intended), text over text etc.

personally i don't like the home page being the activity stream. must say though speed is vastly improved, especially the search function..

Think that may just be your computer, I run Chrome and its working perfectly! and Andy, Dont want you to think im moaning, done an awesome job man well done!!! Like having a windows 8 Forum, layout and function is spot on! :thumbleft: :clap:

I find it harder to read with the light blue on white...

me also sean - tho im not sure it is due to my bleary morning eyes lol

loving the response of searches now tho.....its all speedy gonzales!! :D

Edited by g0ldf1ng3r

Any way to change the colour loving the speed and look

Not yet - but I intend on making a secondary "black on black" edition for those with crap monitors or failing eyesight...! :p

Not yet - but I intend on making a secondary "black on black" edition for those with crap monitors or failing eyesight...! :p

:lol:

Just got to work and it's running really well on IE10, Firefox and Safari.... good job Andi!

Ha ha ha good work Andi!! Im viewing in 1920*1080 & it looks great overall but the blue which is used for forum user names & the thread titles feels a bit harsh on the eyes.

really quick now, good work there. Just a comment Andi, it seems to list all the responses individually to threads, rather than just showing which thread had been updated. Is this intentional?

Clean new look though, very nice.

Edit: I've been using just the 'whats new' button rather than 'new posts', oops. All ok now.

Good work Andi, looks ok to me and hopefully won't be seeing that bum again.

Time for a donation me thinks.

Good work Andi, looks ok to me and hopefully won't be seeing that bum again.

Time for a donation me thinks.

She still exists, but hopefully you won't get the 500 errors any more that caused her frequent visits..

I've pixellated her bottom now too: (still slightly NSFW though?)

http://the-corrado.net/404

I will do a new design that is SFW soon - it's on the to-do list!

She still exists, but hopefully you won't get the 500 errors any more that caused her frequent visits..

I've pixellated her bottom now too: (still slightly NSFW though?)

http://the-corrado.net/404

I will do a new design that is SFW soon - it's on the to-do list!

Awwwwww...... ya rotter!! :)

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BITCHY!

haha... To be fair my ****ty Samsung 23" LED Monitor is abit dated! Its like 3 months old! :scratch::bonk:

Fresh and clean. The site is good too! Good looking on Safari. Would love to be able to change the blue as it's pretty dominant to my old eyes. That said, as an old dog, I will learn new tricks.

Looks good, only snag I've found now is with the search function. If you search using 3 characters, it will constantly return nothing. I know it's like that to speed up searching, but looking for anything with 3 letters in it is impossible.

VR6

02J

MK4

CAT

DOG

ETC

You get my drift!

I've pretty much given up on using the forum search over the years. The best piece of advice I can give is to use Google, and you can scope it down to a specific site by using the following syntax in the search box:

site:the-corrado.net your search terms

So if I wanted to search for information on oil for a VR6:

site:the-corrado.net what oil VR6

Will pull back Google level results, but specifically for the Corrado Forum :)

Hope that helps you and others like me who struggle with the search!

I've pretty much given up on using the forum search over the years. The best piece of advice I can give is to use Google, and you can scope it down to a specific site by using the following syntax in the search box:

site:the-corrado.net your search terms

So if I wanted to search for information on oil for a VR6:

site:the-corrado.net what oil VR6

Will pull back Google level results, but specifically for the Corrado Forum :)

Hope that helps you and others like me who struggle with the search!

This is simply best piece of advice if you want to search for anything on any forum or site, not only this one. It's hard to get into this, but once you catch how it works is priceless.

Another thing I've noticed about new forum look (which I do like) is once I click on the main forum header there is no way to list forum categories. Usually the snail trail would be there but it just shows:

Search -> Posts

In order to list forum categories I had to click any post and then click snail/trail saying Forum. Not sure if I'm explaining it well. It may be just that second bottle of cider did the trick :)

Anyway, great stuff Andi and whoever was involved for all the hard work (new forum donation also done, partially thanks to mr lobitos :)