andygal

How much has been spent on your Corrado over the past 10 years?

As per the title really. I was tidying up all my invoices and thought it would be interesting to see what has been spent over the past 10years (excluding tax, insurance and fuel).

Amongst them, I have a receipt from VW for a new engine and I have rebuilt the front end which means my VR6 has had a total of £17,000 spent on it since 2004!!

Andy

Was looking through my receipts last night actually. In the 18 months I've owned it excluding purchase price, the car stands me at almost £5k! This doesn't include a lot of parts bought from sellers on the forum, and on ebay too.

Edited by seanl82

Started adding up a while ago what I had spent on mine, when I got to 5 figures i wanted to cry!

Well I've owned mine about 4.5 years now and not including countless jobs I don't have receipts for, or parts bought second hand on the forum / eBay, etc etc the box file (plus some jobs in recent memories - wheel refurb, a little paint, and some tyres from Mr Lobitos) come to £6,119.

I guess if I took that up to £7,000 (though could easily be more) for all misc parts, etc from over the years.

Most disappointingly though, by the time you factor in the original purchase price that takes me over 10k - and realistically I doubt it'd even be worth 2k if I sold it today because of the high mileage and the fact it needs a bit of paintwork, and the suspension refreshing again.

well, I've just added up her receipts and it comes to a grand total of £6,226 in ten years (1st receipt counted was dated the 29th October 2004)

I have to admit an avg of £600 a year neither fills me with dread nor a sense of great joy. She is low milage and has clearly always been dry stored and loved but all her issues so far have stemmed from lack of use :(

I'm hoping that if I keep her serviced and don't ignore any nagging issues, regularly checking for changes then she'll do me proud, 77K is nothing for these engines I assume, not when heres 200K+ cars out there still running strong.

Christ, my entire car stands me at less than 3k. Car purchase and all modifications included. It could do with a lick of paint though.

When I said over £30k that's not what it owe's me though what it does is still a fair bit.

Nope, I daren't look! I can imagine the figure to be something very stupid though

Some of those numbers make me feel a bit better :)

My VR has 235k on it but a new engine etc so it drives like a 40k car!!

Currently total to over 23k in just about 3 years of ownership. and have about 2ks worth of work going on over next few months, not to mention when i get a LSD, rebuild the gear box and get a sequential gear changer... LOL

ALL GOOD FUN!

oh and wire tuck the bay, and get the custom front arches, and then get another re paint, and still more...... :bonk:

Less than 3k in 2 years. Heading for a build next year with a 7k budget for a complete upgrade/overhaul.

The way I see it though 10k say for 5 years ownership say and you have a car worth 3 to 4 ish.

No different than any other 10k car in depreciation but you would be hard pushed to tick all the boxes a corrado does such as driving experience, exclusivity, pain in the arse, love hate relationship all at the same time.

DBP VR6 owes me less than £2K

The storm should be roadworthy for under £1500

Lots of parts hanging around yet to be fitted to either, but they may never get fitted so I haven't included them in the prices above.

Way more than Clumpy, but I don't care. It's a hobby and money doesn't / shouldn't come into it. If it does, get a cheaper hobby and take public transport.

Are you married Kev?

Hell no! I'm too selfish and stuck in my ways to ever get married and have kids :D Not that I want either of those things anyway!

Hell no! I'm too selfish and stuck in my ways to ever get married and have kids :D Not that I want either of those things anyway!

Hmmmmm, I remember saying exactly the same thing a few years back. Now married, daughter's a year old and the car's in a million pieces at my Mother's....

Actually, now I come to think of it the car's only in bits due to an attempt to get it fully 'prepped' for a turbo build that Mr Bacon talked me into!! Lol, I think we should introduce a 'Kev Health Warning' stamp on his posts to save any other self respecting, fully functional, slow-@rsed Corrado's from being Baconated.... :)