Bauhaus

My Inca Blue 91 G60 by Bauhaus

Thought it was about time I started a thread on my car which I have owned since 2004

This is how it looked back then prior to me doing any mods..

My%20Corrado%202004.jpg

The current spec now is as follows

Front Discs, Seat Ibiza cupra R 1.8 Turbo 305mm

Front Calipers, Porsche Boxster 986 / 996 Brembo S Front Brake Calipers C2

Rear Discs, VW late 16v front 256mm discs.

Rear Calipers, Seat Leon Cupra R 1.8 (for vented discs)

OZ Polaris wheels finished in Anthracite grey

Wheel Stud Conversion

Front mount intercooler

Audi TT wishbone rear bushes + front polyflex bushes on wishbones

Bilstein B12 suspension with Meyle HD VR6 top mounts

Inpro angel eye front headlamps

Red/smoke rear light clusters

Racelogic traction control (removed in 2016)

Audi TT large wish bone bushes

Polyflex small wish bone bushes

Vibratec front engine mount

Integrated Engineering under car surge tank with Bosch 044 fuel pump

I will update this further with pics of the mods etc in the coming days...

Nice clean looking car with a some good mods.

I assume the engine is no longer standard :)

Nice clean looking car with a some good mods.

I assume the engine is no longer standard :)

Thanks.

Yes the engine is very non standard.. more on that later.

I did this as I was fed up with adjusting the bearings after every MOT when I was given either an advisory or failure on worn rear wheel bearings which weren't but just needed adjusting

In short this mod eliminates the stupid taper bearing and castle nut adjustment, easier disc change, a much better handbrake and a slightly better braking performance.. the best bit its all from the VAG parts bin or euro car parts etc except I believe the Lupo caliper carrier is no longer available.

corrado%20rear%20axle.jpg

Rear Brake components stripped from rear axle.

corrado%20with%20lupo%20plate%20and%20polo%20hub.jpg

Lupo back plate and Polo 9N stub axle in position.

Polo%206N2%20rear%204%20stud%20hub.jpg

Polo 4 stud rear hub.. this was modified with a golf front ABS ring for traction control.

corrodo%20with%20256mm%20rear%20vented%20disc%202.jpg

Mk2 golf 16v 256mm front vented disc and a MK4 anniversary caliper bracket, The wheel stud conversion also on the fronts makes putting on wheels much easier.

Corrado%20rear%20brake%20with%20mk2%2016v%20golf%20%20front%20disc_1.jpg

A Seat Cupra R caliper completes the conversion.This is my 4th year running like this with zero problems with passing MOT or braking performance.

I'm looking into to using G60 280mm front discs with adjustable brake bias.. of course that is just purely for cosmetic reasons for filling 17in rims.

Edited by Bauhaus
updated info

That rear bearing change looks very interesting! Don't suppose theres a list of part numbers anywhere?

I will check for the part numbers, But the stub axle I used was for a Polo 9N not 6N2, but the Hub was a Polo 6N2

How do you find the stud conversion?

The stud conversion works great, comes into its own when putting the wheels back on, its best to loctite the studs in the hub though.

Nice!

I was thinking about vented rears from a 4Motion Mk4 golf or TT - but I want to keep the car looking original and I dont think it will fit with 15" wheels :(

Nice!

I was thinking about vented rears from a 4Motion Mk4 golf or TT - but I want to keep the car looking original and I dont think it will fit with 15" wheels :(

Cant see why they wouldn't fit with 15's, they would still be smaller disks than the fronts. I dont think you will need it but for the worst case you may need a small spacer to move the rim out a bit

Rear axle swap info can be found on Club GTi forum but you will need to register if you haven't already.

Polo double roller bearing rear axle fit

As for front brakes there isn't much reason 280mm discs won't fit under 15" wheels you just need to make sure the offset works with the disc to caliper and carrier clearance - although you will then have a hugely over braked rear axle..

This is my favourite corrado colour by far and they're as rare as hens teeth in Inca Blue. Could you post more pics of the car please?

Great car. Have you any interior and engine shots?

Thanks for the comments, I heard that Inca blue is rare, not sure how many there is about ?

Having a few issues with photofuc*it hosting my photos, so I'm direct posting here a few more pics of my car from last year on the ramps at Tyre Smart in Witham,Essex when it was having a full wheel alignment done, the outside looks fairly standard apart from the OZ wheels, front lights and rear the lenses.

The car is currently on a sorn for this month while trying to sort out a couple of electrical issues causing the car to cut out, and also to sort out a boost leak :(

Found your page mate... loving the brake setup you have. Those rear bearings are a pita and looking for a possible Polo 6r upgrade here after some investigation.

Keep up the good work

Sent from my TA-1024 using Tapatalk

About time I updated my thread so here goes..

In my constant quest to improve my Corrado with a slight oem+ attitude today I went and done this..

http://www.the-corrado.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=95174&d=1537121710

My spare G60 throttle body mounted with a genuine throttle position sensor(TPS) grafted on, As I have reached the limits of the Digifant ecu I am now planning to go to an aftermarket ecu which will require a TPS

If any other G60 owners are interested I can post more details of the TPS retro fit.

Next I will be working on an interface to the new ecu which will keep the original G60 wiring by using a stripped out original ecu case and its multi pin socket.

--------------

Sent by my PC

Its been a few years since I updated my thread

So check out this bad boy ..
My diy Corrado gauges, probably not of interest to you oem boys, but as genuine gauges are unobtanium or the price of one of your kidneys I thought do my own and to my spec.

And yes these Gauges are fully functional. 

20220414_173348.jpg

Those look impressive, I'm sure a lot of effort and thought will have gone into them.

11 hours ago, James. said:

Good skill. Is that a cassette storage fascia you’ve used ?

oooo i have one of those in the 16v!!  ideas begin

👍 they do look good.

I had to laugh at when you last updated your thread though 😂

Very nice - a true custom build, and you won't be tempted to sell them when you fal on hardship as it's extremely unlikely you'll find a buyer with another 16vG60! 😉

You could have saved yourself a load of aggravation and bought a set for £700?

superb work btw