Keyo

Black magic returns home

2 hours ago, seanl82 said:

The standard dials don't show the blue/red, it's just a feature of the sheet thing I have. I've not looked at my dials yet, strange how it's all 3 so I'll investigate. I have some spares if it's just the lamps, and have a set of MK3 dials which are identical except the direction and speed dials are opposite, so I can use the reflectors if its that. 

That's a great list of parts for the MK2 you have there! I don't envy you with finding parts for the three of your cars though mate, that must be a full time job! 

Ok, I do envy you a little bit......   😆

If you get unstuck for a lense I have some spare parts no problem just show me a pic of the failed part. 

Im not going to lie there is not a week that passes that i think maybe I could sell all 3 and get a really sport weekend car and a modern daily - especially with the end of the combustion engine coimng to the UK there might be a real couple of special edition good bye models to be snatched up. 

Mk2 parts you can still buy the rhd Hella headlights pair for about £80, its much easier to run- I would say if you had 1 k to splash you could buy 10 pairs of them and make at least a 2.5 k profit in a few years if held onto them. - a set of new fogs now sell for £400 as obsolete - so off that basis a 3 k profit- the hardest parts to find for them are the rubber roof gutter seals. 

Edited by Keyo

4 hours ago, Keyo said:

the hardest parts to find for them are the rubber roof gutter seals. 

That’s always been one thing to note, irrelevant to make or mark. The seals/rubbers are always the items that are in demand years/decades down the line.

And you’re right about the end of the internal combustion engine. I personally feel like bundling up my prehistoric collection and getting out while the going is good.

Holy cow mate, that's quite a collection of beautiful parts you have! Very nice, can't wait to see all of it installed. Cheers 

Well worth it these Spoonfed extended- house  a rare obsolete wimpy half pounder spot on . Brilliant blast 💥 down some countries in the midlands today - feels like summer has arrived . 😎

64991C89-BEE2-451D-BC7A-5F98E1E4EB1F.jpeg

Edited by Keyo

Garage build  started today the cars have gone over to a safe drive way away from building debris . 

First hurdle to get over is dreadnought clay tiles told me it’s a 30 week wait - so will be looking for the most durable  under felt and might pop a temp scaffold roof over her . Will also be ringing up the sales guy to annoy the shite out of him every three days in till he breaks . 

The G60 has not gained any solid offers which Im sort of glad in a way as my love for her has grown significantly now I have not had to spend any more money on her, 90 percent sure she will be staying now - such a special car that one . Also looking at maybe a future daily there is nowt I would desire to own - all plastic chromy looking throw away appliances- cant compare a Karmann built car to one of these modern chocolate tea pots . Ive come up with a cunning plan Im going to put up an awning on the side of the garage I can fold in and out to shade the car as baking sun can be one of the harmful things to car. 

85370A1B-A568-4F01-9FEE-91AC179AA7CE.jpeg

Edited by Keyo

Great news about the build starting, hope you manage to hurry the tiles along! We’re expecting to re-roof the house in a couple of months and hoping to stay lucky with materials. The world has gone mad with things right now, I’m trying to order 8 smoke detectors, admittedly fairly specific type, and I’ve been quoted May 23 delivery on them, how can that even be possible?

Excellent news! If you had the centre caps on the G60 that picture could be straight out of a VW marketing brochure from back in the day 🙂. I know you've kept them off for safekeeping.

Like the fold out plan to keep the heat off the interior and plastics - will that be in the space between garage and the house? Nice idea 

1 hour ago, MJA said:

Excellent news! If you had the centre caps on the G60 that picture could be straight out of a VW marketing brochure from back in the day 🙂. I know you've kept them off for safekeeping.

Like the fold out plan to keep the heat off the interior and plastics - will that be in the space between garage and the house? Nice idea 

You got it in one on the caps . Yep I will be pulling the add later have financed the garage build through other means by not making a sale on the car - i have seen  standard  grotty low mileage vr6 sell for the same price with   ancient running gear and  cancer rot  - it’s best the car stays we me as the custodian for the near future as no chance someone getting this car admired at car shows and paying peanuts for it . It is a sight and a half having all three cars lined up with the three sport variants of that era from Vw . Yes in between  house and garage have 4 meters - can just get a roller one so can be reclined in high winds or snow . 

Edited by Keyo

4 hours ago, tonedef said:

Great news about the build starting, hope you manage to hurry the tiles along! We’re expecting to re-roof the house in a couple of months and hoping to stay lucky with materials. The world has gone mad with things right now, I’m trying to order 8 smoke detectors, admittedly fairly specific type, and I’ve been quoted May 23 delivery on them, how can that even be possible?

Depends on your roof tile what your using mate clay or concrete ? - I’ve sorted my tiles out now went for dreadnought Staffordshire blue and an arris hip tile which I’m a big fan of as no mortar required  on ridges and gives a sharp look  - also sorted my timber out - if your having issues contact me once I’ve got mine and I will pass you a couple of contacts . Tiles are same brand im using on garage as main house . 

C54C2C67-F873-4220-84E0-D39D761F3604.jpeg

15FED9C5-B308-43E9-AB22-772A7256EC15.jpeg

Well over due this was - clay bar and deep polish. 

Might as well mention this now- If anyone has standard euro lock on there patio doors or anywhere else I strongly advise you to change them for a Yale Platinum 3 star which is designed to snap off- I did my house earlier- reason I mention is because my neighbours x2  cars got stolen last night and they got in the house in under 30 seconds with mole grips. Picture below of what you all need to fit- 5 minute job. 

1BEC592F-4B1B-48C2-B11A-324EC829E338.jpeg

44072042-193D-485C-9849-15D57C099752.jpeg

2D338EF9-4B54-47B4-809C-D612C7646F06.jpeg

5248CA10-F80A-4385-9E8C-180B9CFE1DFD.jpeg

FB069846-D1A4-42C9-939E-D5366528556B.jpeg

BB15512E-77C0-47C3-A183-4E320C78F3DC.jpeg

11A1C7FB-6B1F-4956-BC81-CBF2FBE35BF9.jpeg

31734B6E-F0B0-48AB-88D1-79E642D15945.jpeg

744DF5F0-31C3-468B-9A27-6F1A59729852.jpeg

8C61F9B1-A45E-4098-8AF6-5DFCDD094EE1.jpeg

81F745E7-913C-4FD3-BFB6-D2EC0637E476.jpeg

8E988058-A5F3-400B-B682-DD348B5E3C38.jpeg

E0EEF3F3-4226-46BB-BA6D-04CB1A52E607.jpeg

77DB3FF7-B4A6-443A-B939-7E4B8C176B10.jpeg

Edited by Keyo

Stunning pics - saw them on fb too. Credit to your efforts Keyo

Hasan

3 hours ago, fla said:

Stunning pics - saw them on fb too. Credit to your efforts Keyo

Hasan

Thanks Hasan - you could feel the clay lift all the debris especially  off the roof - was good of my mate to show me how to do it . 

Looks amazing mate, stunning! Can't wait to do this on my car, specially being parked for years. Nice work! Cheers 

1 hour ago, ABV-VR6 said:

Looks amazing mate, stunning! Can't wait to do this on my car, specially being parked for years. Nice work! Cheers 

Thanks mate look forward to seeing the final product- will be amazing. 

50 minutes ago, ger040 said:

As above great pics of a fantastic car 

Great advice on the locks 

Oh yes mate be mad to not fit them- when you watch the cctv and see how quick they got in it makes you really think about security- it was the house directly opposite me - they have got there skoda suv back as it was only a couple of years old now and apparently even though he was not subscribed to a tracker all newish vags can  be tracked - was found sitting a few miles down the road on a council estate - the audi a3 which is 5 years old has not been found - they had a pvc door on the side elevation with a standard euro lock so to them it was a sheer piece of cake to get into the house and grab the car keys. None of the cars were performance models just family cars. My garage is going to be belled up - alongside disk lok and cat 1 so will be pretty hard to take especially for chancer kids on the prowl - big dog helps to, any thief pops their head over my fence they will be greeted by my loyal companion the King of Terriers.. 

F7D530E9-F8BD-4ED6-8BD7-2BF8D86921BD.png

Edited by Keyo

Don't go mad and clay too often, it marrs the paint and introduces swirls and minor scratches. Ideally used as a stage of decontamination prior to machine polish, though can be used alongside a glaze or filler heavy polish occasionally.

2 hours ago, Keyo said:

Oh yes mate be mad to not fit them- when you watch the cctv and see how quick they got in it makes you really think about security- it was the house directly opposite me - they have got there skoda suv back as it was only a couple of years old now and apparently even though he was not subscribed to a tracker all newish vags can  be tracked - was found sitting a few miles down the road on a council estate - the audi a3 which is 5 years old has not been found - they had a pvc door on the side elevation with a standard euro lock so to them it was a sheer piece of cake to get into the house and grab the car keys. None of the cars were performance models just family cars. My garage is going to be belled up - alongside disk lok and cat 1 so will be pretty hard to take especially for chancer kids on the prowl - big dog helps to, any thief pops their head over my fence they will be greeted by my loyal companion the King of Terriers.. 

F7D530E9-F8BD-4ED6-8BD7-2BF8D86921BD.png

Love the dog 😀- beats any alarm 

2 minutes ago, seanl82 said:

Don't go mad and clay too often, it marrs the paint and introduces swirls and minor scratches. Ideally used as a stage of decontamination prior to machine polish, though can be used alongside a glaze or filler heavy polish occasionally.

My mate snow foamed it first-  Is a clay once a year ok or even less ? . 

Just now, ger040 said:

Love the dog 😀- beats any alarm 

The only thing that is always happy to see you and never asks for anything !

On 7/8/2022 at 9:38 PM, Keyo said:

My mate snow foamed it first-  Is a clay once a year ok or even less ? . 

Yeah it won't do any real damage, once a year will be fine but with limited mileage you probably won't pull much contamination off anyway. Probably quicker to just use a fallout and tar remover once or twice a year before topping up your wax coat. 👍

Bit of an update. 

G60 has been sold and has headed up Sheffield way to a collector- getting collected in an enclosed trailer tomorrow he reckons . Logbook changes its officially sold. 

So Ive finally sorted out my car dilemmas-  garage foundations are in with 2 car spots for the VR and mk2. 

Have purchased this daily- had two of these before absolutely brilliant 3.0 tdi engines in the past but went for the 2.0 tfsi generation 3 block this time- you now if its a gen 3 as it has the oil filler cap on the timing chain cover not the valve cover.  Great value only 50 k on the clock and s line - amazing how well it rides on factory 20 s and low profiles with the factory s line suspension - I was expecting terrible harshness but it simply is not. Bloody looks great in red- fantastic fine nappa leather - they simply dont make cars like this now vag its all cheap materials. Over the moon !!!!!!  Its the same engine as in a Mk7 golf gti. 

Spoke to Vince all ready and im very tempted  my model is also quattro. STAGE 1 - just a tune look at them bloody gains for £280.00 nippers. 

47B9E9DD-5A03-436C-A02C-8F85E087277D.jpeg

976FDE6B-7254-4C58-B056-07547EB0E6B5.jpeg

9C25DE17-F129-4793-B3B5-AC08473A5825.png

EE0CA8C6-0697-4B24-869C-508D2BC596C8.jpeg

Edited by Keyo

Nice motor. Well done with the sale, I shall wave to the car as it goes past me at J31 

6 minutes ago, Cressa said:

Nice motor. Well done with the sale, I shall wave to the car as it goes past me at J31 

Thanks Cressa - you may not mate as he reckons it’s an enclosed trailer .