VEEDUBBED

Forum dead??

Anyone left??

Haven't been on in ages, bloody car is still sitting in garage.. 11 years later same old $hit..

Well, VEEDUBBED IS still lurking....

It is a lot quieter here (to be fair I was around in the hay day), partly facebook and party paid membership now to try and keep it viable. 

Mine's spent the year in the process of a waiting for a respray and now me putting it back together. I've forgotten how a lot of stuff went together and have moved house in between. 

its certainly quieter than previous years but some of us old timers are still here..

42 minutes ago, VEEDUBBED said:

Anyone left??

Haven't been on in ages, bloody car is still sitting in garage.. 11 years later same old $hit..

Well, VEEDUBBED IS still lurking....

yes m8, quite a few of us long term members are still here

activity has slowed generally but it is has lots of helpful posts & people 🙂

39 minutes ago, MJA said:

I've forgotten how a lot of stuff went together and have moved house in between. 

i have a feeling i may be in a similar position as my interior has been out for almost a year - fortunately the rear seats arent too complicated to put back in.....i hope lol

17 minutes ago, fla said:

its certainly quieter than previous years but some of us old timers are still here..

Say what now? - where's my teeth.....

2 hours ago, VEEDUBBED said:

bloody car is still sitting in garage.. 11 years later same old $hit..

This.Our VR is suffering the same fate. Got bored with a reliable 8v. So took that apart as well.

Is it wrong to want another ?

Is it running ? 

Well, Great to see that lots of us are still here, GREAT to hear from all you guys!

My corrado went in the garage in '09, removed engine and box and started to build yet another version of the good old turbo-16..

There it's been ever since.. two kids later, morgage, bills etc etc leaves me (Like 99% of us) with no time anymore.

I should have left it a 2.0 16v-g60, bloodywell reliable and fuel conumption was great compared to a ball bearing'd  Garrett T4 turboed mill.

I'm gonna wait till it's 30 years old so road tax won't be E420 a year.. and insurance has gone down alot since '09.

I'll keep on using this great forum as long as possible.

Cheers guys!

Hi, 

How come you mention 30 years tax I think its 40 years old and if you have updated your logbook cars with engine swaps are void from classic tax exemption I think. 

Edited by Keyo

Still some lurkers crawling out of the woodwork!

In Ireland it's 30 years (upped from 25 a few years ago) for classic tax - I think in the UK it's been changed to 40 years?

Still look on the forum most days and still have the urge to buy another Corrado.  Wish I'd never got rid of it.

2 hours ago, fendervg said:

Still some lurkers crawling out of the woodwork!

In Ireland it's 30 years (upped from 25 a few years ago) for classic tax - I think in the UK it's been changed to 40 years?

Yes it is 40  just hoping my golf and rado meet historic tax status because 1990 onwards is when diesels were released - who knows they may have a cutoff line rather then a 40 year old rule . 

Good to see you on here VEEDUBBED 👍

I don't always get the time to be on here but do try to when I'm free, there's still activity on here but yes it has reduced from when it first started back in 2002.  I remember looking on this forum back in roughly 2007, and reading some of the great build threads and loads of photos, and other helpful tips and thinking oh that VW part will fit the Corrado, and that's where you buy it from.

I've owned my Corrado since early 2002 but didn't have the opportunity to join up on here until 2013, and yes my Corrado is still off the road and in bits also 😆

Si 

Still here too! Usually check the forum every couple of days to see what’s been happening. I think I was either the 50 or 51st member when the forum first started. I can’t remember exactly when but it must have been approx 20 years ago.

Been a while since I was in here, but been lurking from time to time - didn't notice the new subscription thing until now 🙂 but still around and the Corrado is still on the road (although in a heated garage/workshop for the winter 🙂 ), too much salty roads to expose it to in the winters up here 

I've been a (quiet) member for years. I dropped off for the last few years and the Corrado hasn't had much attention recently.

I'm hoping to give the Corrado a bit more attention next year and be more active on here.

I still recognise some of the old names from over 10 years ago!

Sent from my SM-G770F using Tapatalk

First time I've been on in a while

Used to be such a busy place and I'm sure the forum took over my life at one point

Still have the corrado all be it's supercharged now

Just picked up a second vr6 to build in to a track car

Good to see tapatalk is back online and working, I might even update my old build thread if I can find it

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Hey folks, hope your all well

I look in every now and then to see whats new.

Sadly no Rado for a few years now, keep looking and thinking about it. I'm single now, so no one to moan at me for spending money these days 😁

Prices seem to be doing quite well for the good ones