ger040

corrado and e10 fuel

i have been looking on line and cant seem to find anything with regards to older vw engines and e10 fuel

dont know when i will be back at a vw dealer to ask.

is anyone aware of anything ??

1 minute ago, ger040 said:

i have been looking on line and cant seem to find anything with regards to older vw engines and e10 fuel

dont know when i will be back at a vw dealer to ask.

is anyone aware of anything ??

it shouldnt affect us as corrado's should be ran on higher octane super unleaded, preferably 99 ron so either tesco or vpower

The rubber mounts inside the swirl pot that fix the petrol pump to the pot were dissolved when  bought my car 11 years ago.

14 hours ago, g0ldf1ng3r said:

it shouldnt affect us as corrado's should be ran on higher octane super unleaded, preferably 99 ron so either tesco or vpower

Over here (Belfast) we dont get vpower or even 99ron just super unleaded 97 and not every fuel station sells it 

All we've got in Ireland for years is bog standard 95 octane - never had any issues with it in over 10 years and no damage to the fuel pump mounts (that might have been the result of some additive or cleaner - maybe some one put some JET-1 in there?).

All VW engines from the Mk2 Digifant onwards will seem to run fine on 95 or 98  and the ECU will adjust to suit it as long as the knock sensors are working - you just might not get as much power, and there's no denying that these engines prefer to drink high octane.

11 minutes ago, fla said:

Any updates on any changes/mods to the fuel system for e10?

Use super that only has 5% ethanol, more power and better economy with a mix that was suitable yesterday and more suitable ongoing.

If your car starts stuttering on low fuel levels on tight corners suspect the fuel pump mounts on early VR6s with the caramel coloured (non white) swirl pots - Pierberg pumps?

I always put super juice in mine. When I had my Ed 30 golf the car ran better and I also got better mpg from it. 

Love the fuel, but not the price.  I'm not even using the unleaded rubbish in my petrol mower and equipment anymore.  Everything starts great too

I wouldn’t recommend anyone use the cheaper fuels on what is an old VR6 set up especially from a supermarket. People have been known to have rotted out fuel gauge senders as well running issues with cars that have used such fuels. 

E5 is not good for cars, my 6R needed new injectors because the plastic filters inside the injector got broken down by the ethonal and blocked the holes making it run weak and missfire... not good on a mapped engine

Gonna be interesting to see how long before the big bills start for everyone that uses the e10

Certainly never going to give mine E10, but filled up the TT Friday for £1.53 per litre of V Power…for those of us that remember buying fuel in gallons, that’s £6.95 a gallon 😮

1 hour ago, tonedef said:

Certainly never going to give mine E10, but filled up the TT Friday for £1.53 per litre of V Power…for those of us that remember buying fuel in gallons, that’s £6.95 a gallon 😮

O remember my sister putting £3 in her mini in the eighties and lasted a while ha. I noticed some coolant has ethanol to. 

I have put 95RON in mine in the past but it felt flatter vs Premium stuff. Premium also gives consistently more MPGs so factoring that in it's not that much more money.

£10 of fuel used to get me to London and back. I live 60 miles from London and I didn’t hold off on the horses

😂😂 £10 of fuel..... can you remember when it was advertised per gallon, didnt look so bad then 

£10 of fuel..... can you remember when it was advertised per gallon, didnt look so bad then 

Hehe yes I can, showing my age here.

I remember 2 star fuel.