Jim

The "what I did to my Corrado today" thread...

Made my own headlight loom at the weekend after original one bit the dust. Was surprised how easy it was to do thanks to the guy in Maplin helping me out.

Fixed my VR6 stalling problem this evening, well chuffed.

Not quite today but at the weekend I had to fix my drivers door after the internals snapped. Luckily having been with Corrado's for years this was the 3rd time I have had to do this and it went without to much trouble and now the door handle feels as good as new again.

Removed the weeping thermostatt housing, stripped and renewed o rings into new housings..

Threw away the corroded housing bolts and matched new stainless cap bolts.

Took off the rear bumper,gave car a good wash in the bumper recess,lots of wax,then "rodded" sunroof drains before putting back together.Then it got it`s weekly wash and hoover,

week off so started with a good clean, then changed the aerial and had to adjust the handbrake as it was almost hitting the roof.

once adjusted put it all back together, tried it one more time for piece of mind and the mofo ripped up GGGRRRRRRRR

So ended up back at work welding the ******* up again. nice

p.s on the way home a bird **** all over the car. so know what im gonna be doing tomorrow :(

fitted polished manifold and rocker cover today,not sure what to with plastic vr cover leave off or refit ,any ideas

polished inlet manifold. also bought loads of parts for the engine transplant :norty:

New rear discs, bearings, lines, mk4 callipers, seals, pads.... Basically anytrhing at the back to do with braking.

What i did to Kates car today uprated headlight loom she shouldnt have no problem seeing at night any more

Sold mr VR - looking forward to loving the valver tomorrow !

Sent from iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

Replaced the shocks and springs on the rear for some newer ones :) good job too because when I got the old ones off the passenger side spring was snapped!!!

got the tax for her [earlier than usual as she hibernates] then took her out , man i have missed driving her so much .