Jim

The "what I did to my Corrado today" thread...

What did you use on them Nikki? I need a bit for one of my seats too, just dont know how to get the colour matched up properly

What did you use on them Nikki? I need a bit for one of my seats too, just dont know how to get the colour matched up properly

i used the leather dye spray kit from these guys....

www.furnitureclinic.co.uk

I sent them a sample of my leather and they matched it up and sent it back on a 24hour postage service.

It's quite worrying half way through when you've stripped everything off the piece you are going to dye as it looks completly ruined! lol but alas, it comes good in the end.

I removed the number plate light cover on the bootlid, sanded it back, removed the dead metal, primed it, painted and then lacquered it.

its been a long, long time since I have been able to post in this thread, its so good to be back!

Tonight I watched while someone else took pity and fitted my (free) Vibratechnics front mount for me... the old one was the most fubarred that the boys in work had seen, car feels transformed and it cost me no money and no time.... result!

Not quite today as I've been away but. half downgraded my headlights, uprated loom after a couple of year is being an pain in the exhaust! so pulled the plugs on it. Finally hit 100,000 miles...

Replaced the charger timing belt, and found that i had a missing bolt from the charger bracket :?

New shiny allen bolt refitted with a spot of thread lock as always.

Neil.

Not much to boast about really but changed the base around my ariel and fitted some nice looking corrado-forum.net stickers 8)

not today, but yesterday I set my C on fire...

I was working on stereo wiring, and took the driver's seat backwards... and suddenly I noticed some kind of plastic-burning smelling.... wow I said, it seems to be coming from y C! So I tried and disconnect the wiring I had just been bridging

then, I said WOW it DOES come from here! and hurried up about disconnecting the wiring... and that's when I turned around and noticed that rear side of my car was FULL OF SMOKE.

at this point I left some sh

Swore at it as i couldn't get the alarm to turn off and my ears couldn't take much more.

Had run the battery really low, left the lights on. Doh !!!

Now got to get a Jump Start in the morning before I go to work.

Hopefully the battery will stilll have some life left in it, so i haven't run down the life of it too !!!

Annoying - but then my own fault !!

Plugged her into the national grid (via an Airflow battery conditioner). Top piece of kit, even has a small notice to put inside the car to remind you to unplug before driving off :brickwall:

Amp has been cutting out, depending on whether I went round a left or right handed corner, so eventually decided to tackle the problem as it didn't seem to be getting any power. Worked from the boot backwards following the main feed cable and then behind the undertray.

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfPicoftrayout.JPG[/attachment:2q2zj4mj]

Cable then fed straight through to the engine bay and the battery, DOH!

PicofBattery.JPG[/attachment:2q2zj4mj]

Faulty spade connector on the battery. :nuts:

Must win the "bleeding obvious" problem of the day. :(

Busy day today prior to the MOT this coming week:

Changed the oil (it seemed only fair after its recent track day outing) and oil filter.

Freed off the O/S rear handbrake mechanism and fitted a new cable (it doesn't need a new calliper, hurrah) so it now has a working handbrake.

Fixed the number plate light (with a bit of a bodge I must confess, but enough to get through the test I hope)

Fitted a new headlight loom that I bought for the Golf and never got around to fitting. Having read all of the horror stories about cheap eBay looms though, I await being plunged into darkness on a country road somewhere! I forgot to unplug the dim dip though, so I'll have to find and do that tomorrow if I want my sidelights back (thanks to the forum I know what I'm looking for though).

Brained myself on an axle stand. CURSES!

Cheers,

Tom

Did my first oil & filter change today!....sorry QRSport.

ISV bubbling away in a glass of carb cleaner to be re-fitted tomos!

Ta.

Did my first oil & filter change today!....sorry QRSport.

ISV bubbling away in a glass of carb cleaner to be re-fitted tomos!

Ta.

Changed the wheel! Got to the shops and found i had a flat tyre and no sign of a puncture, so will take it to the garage on monday to see what the problem is.

Si

Refitted ISV and still wont hold the revs?!!....anybody got a working one to sell??

dont mean this to sound funny but have u done the checks to see if it's working?

hold it and get someone to turn the engine over just enough to see if it clicks, have it pluged in and unplug it, see if the revs change at all?

check all hoses near by, i found one for my Carbon canaster had been melted on the manifold which might be the problem of my idleing issues.

Today i blanked out the ISV damper.