CazzaVR

Cazza's Storm- Gone :( ...S3 Has Arrived! :)

Aye, half term does come in handy! I'm loving the car and my boys have been won over totally (after seeing the cup holder :lol:

Just hope the engine light isn't anything serious...

Engine light was MAF sensor and coolant sensor. Changed the coolant sensor and all fine. Think the MAF didn't like me hitting a big pothole. Not come on again since resetting.

The RC's look really small and they need moving out due to the flared arches. Going to try 10mm spacers on the front and 20mm on the rear. If that doesn't solve it, the RC's will be up for sale and I'll be getting some 18's. Really want to keep them, but they just don't look right as they are.

Engine light was MAF sensor and coolant sensor. Changed the coolant sensor and all fine. Think the MAF didn't like me hitting a big pothole. Not come on again since resetting.

The RC's look really small and they need moving out due to the flared arches. Going to try 10mm spacers on the front and 20mm on the rear. If that doesn't solve it, the RC's will be up for sale and I'll be getting some 18's. Really want to keep them, but they just don't look right as they are.

Like this mate. I came back to my car once in a tesco and a nice lowered s3 had parked next to it and it was dark blue with beige leather and it had a lovely presence. I've just got used to the power tho of a charged Vr and think the 1.8t would take a lot of money to match the vrs grunt, albeit I'm sure the s3 would feel much more planted and solid.

Look forward to some more pics and progress :)

Good stuff on the tyres, nice easy fix :)

You might want to consider the red powerflex dogbone kit (diesel) as it's a bit softer than the regular yellow & purple ones, which are too harsh imo.

Has the car got an induction kit or oiled filter on it? MAFs hate the oil but you can clean them easily enough with some electrical contact cleaner.

Yeah 17s look tiny on the MK4/A3 platform. 18s are spot on :)

Went for the yellow in the end- had one on the vRS and it was fine. The key is to only tighten the bolt through the bush to 12lbs. Barely any vibration at all. Gearchange is noticeably crisper. Just need to change the oil now.

Also just had a major service courtesey of lewvw- thanks matey!

Cambelt

Waterpump

Aux belt

Thermostat + housing

Oil + filter + sump cleaned + new pickup pipe

Fuel filter

Plugs

Replaced all the wipers with Bosch aerotwin retroblades- thes have made a huge difference, especially the rear one.

Replaced the aerial gasket which was crumbling and the aerial itself with an OEM Polo stubby. It looks so much better and still has great reception.

Finally, won a headlamp switch + surround on Ebay for 99p. A lot of the soft touch plastic on mine had worn away- the new one is perfect.

Next up I need to fit the wheel spacers. Have got 10mm for the front and 20mm for the rear. Have decided to keep the RC's. They're such a nice wheel and they weigh nothing. They look too small at the mo, but the right profile tyres and spacers will hopefully sort that.

Also need to change the gearbox and rear diff oil, change the brake fluid and get wheel alignment done.

Can't blame you sticking with the RC's they look mint and like you say larger profile tyres and spacer's will make a difference just sell the other tyre's ;)

Went for the yellow in the end- had one on the vRS and it was fine. The key is to only tighten the bolt through the bush to 12lbs. Barely any vibration at all.

Good info, cheers Andy. I defo tightened mine more than 12lbs!

Pic? Be good to see them on.

Will get some before and after pics as soon as I get the spacers fitted. Having trouble with the centre caps. Still can't find a spanner :(

Good info, cheers Andy. I defo tightened mine more than 12lbs!

They seem a bit hit and miss TBH. Seem to effect different cars differently. Did quite a bit of research on audi-sport though, and the concensus was that 12lb is the key ;)

Fitted the spacers today...

Very pleased with the results- just need the proper profile tyres now.

Thanks Rog! Aye, they sure suit a Rado ;)

Some pics of the S3 after a good clean this morning, before heading off for lunch with Vornwend, GlosterOx, Lewvw & Swompy!

Lovely car. Felt really fast and so solid. Classy interior too - love those adjustable lumbar supports!

Hi mate, yes I do! Still absolutely love it- so solid, fast and so far, reliable. It's got some different rims now though- 18" BBS TT's. Still got your Rado? Totally out of touch these days...

Hi mate, yes I do! Still absolutely love it- so solid, fast and so far, reliable. It's got some different rims now though- 18" BBS TT's. Still got your Rado? Totally out of touch these days...

Still have them both on SORN, looked at an S3 a few months ago that was making the most horrendous noise after selecting the wrong gear at high revs, stage 2, FMC etc All a bit OTT for me