mic_VR

mic_VR's VR - The Awakening!

Cheers for the feedback guys, I knew they wouldn't be to everyones taste but glad at least some people like them and I like the slight 'evil' look it gives the car! :D

I like them! Gives it a kind of, 'I'm up to something' look :)

Nice work on the other jobs too, you really are getting stuck in Mic! But you seem to have a hairy otter under your bonnet......

A very helpful otter at that! Cheers Dave, I'm trying to get my own hands dirty doing some of these jobs but also really lucky and appreciative that I've been able to call on the help of some of the forum members, including yourself :wink:

Next weekend eh? Coming to help do my water pump are ya? :wink:

I'll throw some tools in my boot, but I hope not! This weekend is the last I'm spending on corrados, I'm exhausted, and seem to be going a little bit mental. :(

Glad she's behaving, and that you're happy.

Ha! not a chance mate, the only thing going on next saturday will be eating and drinking. You can safely leave your tools at home.

Yep really happy with it at the moment, took it out for another spin this morning and still really impressed with the pull with the cams in. Just can't wait to sort the rear axle bushes now and get it over to the 'ring! 8)

Ha! not a chance mate, the only thing going on next saturday will be eating and drinking. You can safely leave your tools at home.

Yep really happy with it at the moment, took it out for another spin this morning and still really impressed with the pull with the cams in. Just can't wait to sort the rear axle bushes now and get it over to the 'ring! 8)

:) Great. You even want me to leave my "special tool" at home? ;)

:clap: What is this 9-10 months on since you picked them up? :lol:

Like them but maybe a white band to the edge of the lip to break it up slightly?

Shame about "that" banding comapny giving you the runabout! :(

:) Great. You even want me to leave my "special tool" at home? ;)

I'm sure everyone will be dissappointed if you don't bring that Tool along..... :camp:

:clap: What is this 9-10 months on since you picked them up? :lol:

Like them but maybe a white band to the edge of the lip to break it up slightly?

Shame about "that" banding comapny giving you the runabout! :(

I know, gutted the banding was a non starter, might see what other companies will do it and look into it again.

Someone else suggested breaking it up a bit with a little colour on lip..... hmm, might have to get someone to photochop it! :?

I'm liking the steels, look great against the aqua, makes it look like it means business.

Gotta be a reasonable price too?

27-2.jpg Pirated off Bill's thread!

Strange how a thin band of colour/polish breaks the wheel up nicer then the stock all-black!

See, I'm gonna say no to the black steelies. IMHO black wheels (of any type) only really work on solid coloured cars. They just look a bit odd on metallics. White ones might work, but do you really want white weels? :?

Some silver steelies would make it look a bit better colour-wise, but then it might just look like you've got some cheap steelies on.

I vote that you keep them on until you've got the Speedies properly refurbished then get them back on. Balls to all this dangerous banded steelies Corsa-driving scenester crap :camp: :lol:

27-2.jpg Pirated off Bill's thread!

Strange how a thin band of colour/polish breaks the wheel up nicer then the stock all-black!

that looks super apart from the slam panel bit 8)

Balls to all this dangerous banded steelies Corsa-driving scenester crap :camp: :lol:

Get....

Outta.....

My....

Head.....

:lol:

I quite like them as they are. The matter the paint the better, no to bandying too.

Looking good dude! I think they look great as they are. As Crazy said, it looks like you're up to something ;)

Looking forward to seeing it in the metal at the weekend....

Well what can I say, some of those Corsa's look..... interesting..... but I do like the look of the banded steels. Like Mr Deviant knows I did send mine away but I wasn't happy with the fact they weren't able to pressure test them anymore to ensure they were safe (and legal) to use on the road. Without that I'm really not happy risking it, I quite like my life! :grin:

Gotta be a reasonable price too?

Wheels = £40, Tyres = £130, Fitted & Balancing = £30, Reaction from the missus after fitting = priceless! (she does not like... :p )

I vote that you keep them on until you've got the Speedies properly refurbished then get them back on. Balls to all this dangerous banded steelies Corsa-driving scenester crap :camp: :lol:

Speedlines will be sent away for a refurb after christmas, original silver or a slightly darker gun metal grey?

Glad to see that overall people aren't to offended by them, I love the simplicity of them so I think they'll be staying as is for the time being. Only thing I do need to do is sort some spacers as I've gone from the 205/50 profile to 195/45 profile tyres so the wheels could do with coming out a few mm to fill the arches a little better, nothing crazy but a little bit.

Also, anyone got any ideas about covers to stop water/dirt getting into the front wheel hub/bearing assembly? (I have actually got the plastic wheel covers that came with the steels......)

Put the Wheel covers you bought too on then! :lol:

I think there is some "inner" cover that just goes over the bolt holes noy sure what 5-sud you'd have to look at though...

can you fit the steelies and hubs from an audi A8 to a VR?

have seen this done on a polo and its look quite good

Get a set of Bora wheels covers and I think they may look good, if you squint they kind of look line Audi monoblocks :lol: . Just looks like the original alloys have been knicked and youve pout these on.

Speedlines will be sent away for a refurb after christmas, original silver or a slightly darker gun metal grey?

I'd say if you're going for a gunmetal type colour, then they gotta be matt/satin finish so it looks meaner. It looks odd if they're glossy...hmm actually those steelies might look better if they were matt instead of gloss, as per Mr. Toady's comment...

deffo get them banded

100_2681.jpg

Oh I do like those, who's car is that. Thought I was being original running a VR with steelies! :(

can you fit the steelies and hubs from an audi A8 to a VR?

have seen this done on a polo and its look quite good

As in the whole wheel hub or hub caps? The audi will be 5x112 so might be tricky to fit to a VR...... not 100% sure though....