Toad

Music thread...

I have always loved this song and the way it evolves - and her! :camp:

That funky Fender chugging on Chic, Sister Sledge, etc. Still great. Any one else relate to it.

Been kicking back to my teenage years recently...

When it drops at 01.30 this tune kicks butt. nsfw.

[youtube:dbhqao7t]K1a-H-AJ-NQ[/youtube:dbhqao7t]

imo better than Skindred

[youtube:dbhqao7t]CPRHt7ZjIT0[/youtube:dbhqao7t]

ps1 gamers will recognise this tune

[youtube:dbhqao7t]mQB9NzEZxqU[/youtube:dbhqao7t]

Wow! Dude, if I need to chill out after four hours at Heathrow, those three are the stuff to bring my frustration down a notch! 8) :wink:

It's a generation thang.

I've told this before, but the singer/songwriter of Idlewild - is Roddy Woomble (I went to school with his parents).

His grandmother - is an old school chum of my mother's ("class of '34" :eek: ). Both these ladies are about 91. Roddy's gran says (in Dundonian):

"He disna sing - he roars."

Anyway, even Roddy's mellowing out now - has got married bought a house on the Island of Mull and does folk stuff, too. :lol:

It comes to us all. The roarers of our generation were John Lennon, Roger Daltrey, Paul Rodgers, Robert Plant, Jim Morrison, Jimi Hendrix, Otis Redding, Elvis, Little Richard.....cripes, I'll have to go and have a lie down.

"Listen to the music" and enjoy, guys - it's a whole lot better than many things in this world of ours. :hitler: :cuckoo:

PS - Let's not forget our favourite ex-gasfitter from Yorkshire....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQYDvQ1HH-E

See, you can be butt ugly AND supercool!

I challenge you not to start dancing or playing air-sax to this - what a tune !!!

[youtube:5mzxxn4d]

[/youtube:5mzxxn4d]

I challenge you not to start dancing or playing air-sax to this - what a tune !!!

[youtube:2chagjde]

[/youtube:2chagjde]

Fine groove 8)

Anyone else listened to these? :eek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zD9W9SZj9w

I have ordered CD.

I was in a 'real' CD/Record shop in Canterbury a while back, browsing as you do, and there was this music on ... ...

Had to ask the guy what it was. It was Gotan Project :) Bought the CD there and then. Delightful !!

Mine has been lost in the post! First time ever - ebay seller 100% record - he has refunded to paypal.

Have to try again.

Original tango by veteran Argentinians of the genre and the late Astor Piazolla who blended jazz and tango (and got death threats for doing so) are worth investigating. Very sensual, sexy and passionate music and the relatively young Gotan Project have cultivated it for the 21st century..

I see that the latest CD by Cheryl Cole is titled 'Three Words' Is she meaning the three words that she's saying to Ashley right now ??

Different enough to be interesting, but really, i want to forget about my bad dental experience of last week.

Today is 50th anniversary of the day Elvis Presley landed on British soil for the one and only time (at USAAF base at Prestwick, near Ayr.) They are holding a really cheesy, kitch function with Elvis imitator to celebrate.

Long live Rock 'n' Roll. :nuts:

check oooot the drummer :luvlove:

Decent little vid - love the ultra lo-fi Trek look. They gave that track away on iTunes when the album was released too.

On a slightly different music tack, for anyone looking for something which you should potentially download for trackname alone, I suggest: Drive-By Truckers 'This F**king Job' - which is legally downloadable for free over here: http://rcrdlbl.com/artists/Drive-By_Truckers/music (damned good site, they have loads of stuff on it including track from upcoming new UNKLE album) :salute:

I went to a really great gig recently, I'd never heard of the guy before, Brett Dennen. Awesome performance, great stage presence, had the whole crowd singing along, laughing, it was just a really fun gig. I downloaded his album Hope For The Hopeless the next day and its getting played alot. The musics a bit folky, he has been described as the master of the new soothing music genre.

Check him out.

Going to go see Chimaira on wednesday cant wait :clap:

Unfortunatley they are supporting Trivium

Any one who like Chimaira should go see them in October when they come back. absalutly amazing to watch and listen too.

And i hate to say it Trivium were rather good live. :ignore:

Anyone here on mFlow yet? It's like Twitter/Facebook & iTunes mashed together so you can stream tracks to friends and followers... If that friends then buys the tune you get credited too, so you can buy tracks yourself.

It's still in beta until next month, but you can get in now with an invite (like google wave).

Going to go see Chimaira on wednesday cant wait :clap:

Unfortunatley they are supporting Trivium

Who actually likes Trivium?! ... I went to see Slayer & Mastodon last year, Trivium supporting ... The lead singer stood proud on stage and shouted "Who fuckin hates Trivium?!! ... I'd say 80% of the crowd lifted their arms ... "Well fuck you!! Who loves Trivium?" ... I'd say 10% of the 20% left were brave enough to lift their arms ... "Well this set is for you!!" ... as they cheesily go into their first song!! ... What a load of shite!!

I've got soft recently, listening to a lot of acoustic ... Really into City and Colour ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8HPk26gdW0

Massive Isis fan ...

Baroness is another ...

Relatively unknown but I love them, Enablers ... not the best quality, but I'd recommend downloading 'End Note' ...

One of my fav bands 8) In desperate need of some new material- come on Boards of Canada- pull yer fingers out!

Lol at 'Mastodon' :lol: Almost sounds like a piss take metal band name. How about 'Mammoth' or 'Sabre Tooth'. Rock on!

Masterdon are good saw them with hatebreed, slayer and slipknot which was an amazing night.,

slayer were nothing special tho