easypops

My VR6 and Storm

Inspired by Sean I sent away for the Storm's birth certificate, with a wee worry at the back of my head that I was trying to restore a ringer, glad to report it's the real thing.

4A64423B-5ECD-4CCA-B6D1-0F9ACBB18F36.jpg

Congrats Martin! At least one of us has got the genuine article.....................

:mad2:

:thumbleft:

Congrats Martin! At least one of us has got the genuine article.....................

:mad2:

:thumbleft:

Thanks mate, it's only a name as we all know. If my car is eventually anywhere as nice as yours, I'll be delighted

Ooo do you know anyone that can make a picture frame for it :)

Looks good.

wilkinson's sell frameless picture frames nice & cheap ;)

wilkinson's sell frameless picture frames nice & cheap ;)

Ha ha, no need, I'm a picture framer, so it'll be getting the full treatment at some point :)

Been fairly busy doing some of the less fun jobs, stripping the interior out of the Twilight vr, including the carpet so I could get to the heated seat loom........not a nice job really. Also put the rear beam on it as it's coming closer to the time that it needs to vacate the garage as the Storm can't stay in the paint shop forever. Also set about stripping the rear beam on the red vr, if it wasn't for Irwins I'd have given up this car malarkey years ago:lol:

Rear brake carrier bolts are horrible

7CC0B649-5D18-4191-890F-D3E420DF33E6.jpg

But I did manage to lay my hands on something I've been after for a while 8)

28708ABB-A104-4AA9-A377-4755EAF8CBBC.jpg

Cheers guys, I got offered them from a guy on Facebook, I'm fairly sure he's not on here, although without a user name I can't be sure. I put the same wanted ad up on there months ago and had really given up on it. I would love to have bought yours mate, as you know but these came in a bit cheaper.

Glad you finally got a set. Look in great condition too. Are they goin in the Storm?

Sent from my SM-J500H using Tapatalk

Glad you finally got a set. Look in great condition too. Are they goin in the Storm?

They are going in the Storm, there is a few light scuffs in the plastic window but not too bad, can't see them unless the light catches them.

I still want another set for the red VR6 :lol:

Might I suggest you use that set in the red one and get a nice new set for the Storm? 😊

Might I suggest you use that set in the red one and get a nice new set for the Storm?

:lol: We can discuss it next week once you are back home mate :)

Got a few bits done on the forgotten Twilight in my quest to get it out the Garage, rear hubs reassembled using the stuff from the Red vr, just so I can get wheels on. Cracked the bolts on the subframe.....why 18mm bolts??? and unbolted the steering rack. Engine mounts unbolted. I'll drop it off tomorrow and if I'm lucky time wise I'll try and start putting the front all back on.

9D0F1E5F-9EF5-4AB2-A38E-FE13BC4362C6.jpg

Nice one mate glad you got the dials

Sent from my SM-G357FZ using Tapatalk

Cheers Chris :)

Loving the super organised garage,especially the felt tipped cupboard labelling :thumbleft:

You couldn't fit anymore into that space if you tried,plus you have a radiator :dance:

Loving the super organised garage,especially the felt tipped cupboard labelling :thumbleft:

You couldn't fit anymore into that space if you tried,plus you have a radiator :dance:

Ha ha, thanks mate, it's murder trying to keep on top of all the stuff I have, plus the heating is magic in the winter, makes it a pleasure to be out lying under a car when it's -2 outside. Plus, that's only half the garage :lol: and there are also 2 sheds

3ACAA1B9-D60D-4DE2-8C6A-8C9179D629CE.jpg

If ever you want rid of one mate, let me know

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

If ever you want rid of one mate, let me know

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Ha ha, will do mate, there is a queue forming already :lol: