rsgntx

New Home - DG Supercharged VR6 - SOLD

very nice indeed, some of the cars on here now are 'top Notch'. You've just joined that list :) I see you even still have the two little foam bits that sit on top of the inner wings, just shows how much TLC the car has been given. mine came off while cleaning one day & I threw them in the boot (where they still are).

I think what Abdul was after is just a short paragraph highlighting your first impressions with the new SC fitted. i'd love to know as well cos I often thought about fitting a SC myself. Although with the rain all day here, I couldn't get the power down at all coming off a roundabout & mines basically standard.

p.s. you can update your tag line now :lol:

Thanks for the comment, you know i still have a lot to do to catch-up with a lot of people. there are some lovely cars out there!

It was Jim who was asking and i was just ribbing him! he had the SC before me. first impressions: first drive was with Dave from DG we nipped down the road for a spin and i was a little easy with the right foot to begin with, but the power delivery is very progressive and controlled. although dave did say that i was supposed to be breaking the pads in on the new 288 which make a big difference. when i got the car back home took it for a really good spin wow this thing is quick(my last car was a supercharged s-type jag with 400bhp) I guess sitting lower and in an older car add to the impression of speed! i have to say DG have done a great job and made it really useable rather than outright raw! yeah you can get wheel spin through most of the gears if really pushed(but not excessive) its much better at getting the power down than others i have tried! the engine is much quicker through the rev range and you can red line it really quick! but it is easy to keep in the power range from a standing start and the noise is addictive! at speed say 50mph put your foot down in 5th and acceleration is noticeably better than standard but change down and its fantastic! car is going back on friday or saturday to check things out! only one small probs so far the cooling mist system has a small leak but should be quick fix!

Hope that gives you an idea! :D

thanks for the tip on the tag had forgot all about it! :lol:

Class, best post I've ever read :) ... I never stopped smiling reading through it. You explained perfectly just how I imagined, what it would be like. That's made up my mind that I will go down the route of supercharging mine someday.

The way I look at it is, I have the VR now nearly 10years & I intend having it for a long time yet. I used to panic about getting things done and made quite a few mistakes along the way. Now I've learned to be patient and do them right. I'm not gonna rush and get to try and get a supercharger this year but I will plan it for next year.

Thanks for the blog, keep posting :salute:

It was Jim who was asking and i was just ribbing him! he had the SC before me.

:p to you too!

Glad you're happy with it mate, but you're making me feel a bit misty eyed. I know what you mean about 5th gear, its great for not having to change gear on the motorway and still get some good poke, but after about a month I started changing down just for the rush. :) There's pretty much no "normal" cars that can seem to keep up, its all about exec barges and sports cars now, and they're not so common (or rather don't seem to want to play as much for some odd reason) so you'll generally be one of the fastest on the road. The only annoying thing is when you're in a convoy with other VRs and you have to wait for them to catch up :lol:

sorry! i do love your charger! :D

sorry! i do love your charger! :D

Its your charger now Robert... It stopped being mine the moment you sat in the driver seat and christened it with your first drive. I know you definitely will, but I'll say it anyway, enjoy!

And thus ends the supercharged chapter of my car. :(

And thus ends the supercharged chapter of my car. :(

Jim i know you got plans and all will be good! i look forward to sharing the same road as you! mind i think i may have trouble keeping up if you go the way you want! :D

Jim i know you got plans and all will be good! i look forward to sharing the same road as you! mind i think i may have trouble keeping up if you go the way you want! :D

No idea what you're talking about mate, I deny everything. As you can see I have no engine and no tax. :wink: :grin:

No idea what you're talking about mate, I deny everything. As you can see I have no engine and no tax. :wink: :grin:

sure i am saying nothing more! secret is safe! :ignore:

so we have a problem houston!! :(

car has been running great! so after visiting prestwold hall today with my lads to go rally driving, i got home and wanted to take the car for a run! everything was going great powered up the road backed off no problem, running towards round about no problem and just as we got to the junction the engine died! no oil light until then, no temp issues and up to that moment no loss of power! under the bonnet no nasty signs of fluid anywhere so tried ignition nothing from the starter not even a click! so got electrics in car but nothing to the engine! gave a call to dg spoke with graham and went through the normal ideas but he recons its an electrical fault, perhaps relay to ecu?

so anyone got any ideas? car was due to go back to dg saturday for quick check. car will now go by transporter unless you guys have got the answer? would vagcom show what’s wrong?

Have you checked the battery terminals to make sure they are on securely, could be an earth problem?

Have you checked the battery terminals to make sure they are on securely, could be an earth problem?

tried them greg! no problem at battery. all lights come on with ignition, headlights, radio, ip, windows, checked fuse no. 15 no problem, but nothing at the engine! :confused4:

could be the ignition switch if electrics are coming on, but the engine is not cranking. When you turn it to the start position (final position to crank engine), do you hear any clicks ie relay closing a circuit? Keep the door open and listen for the starter solenoid clicking. If the ecu relay (109) went you would be able to turn the engine but not start because the injectors would be closed as would the power to the coilpack.

could be the ignition switch if electrics are coming on, but the engine is not cranking. When you turn it to the start position (final position to crank engine), do you hear any clicks ie relay closing a circuit? Keep the door open and listen for the starter solenoid clicking. If the ecu relay (109) went you would be able to turn the engine but not start because the injectors would be closed as would the power to the coilpack.

ok i ruled out ignition switch due to the way the car cut out on the move the switch would not be in final crank position as this a temp position just for the function? should i still consider this as a possible issue? as for hearing anything with the door open answer is no! no relay or solenoid! in bentley manual it states that ignition system runs through ecu section 28.3?? VR is 28.21 but would assume it is the same(which ain't good)? appreciate the thoughts keep them coming!!

Well made a large cup of coffee this morning and sat down with the bentley manual to see if I could get some ideas! First thing to say 'fla' is I recon you are right about the ecu relay.... :notworthy: from the wiring diagrams if this had gone you should still be able to crank over the engine. So I am off outside with the multi-meter to see what is getting power and what isnt.

what kind of alarm does the car have, does that still work? mine blew a fuse the other week and i had electrics but no starting because of that..

i have a brand new ignition swith in the shed if you need one.

Cheers will let you know!

Thx

THE CAR IS RUNNING!!!!! :dance:

thanks for all the ideas guys!!

we still have a couple of big questions to sort out!

seems the reason it would not re-start is probably an intermittent fault on the immobilizer! only need to find the fault now!

second and more important thing to find out is why the car cut out while still moving!

so graham decided he wants to pick the car up to drive it and give it the once over!

but have to say i can start :D :D :D again!

Glad to hear that mate,

Maybe with all the work going on a in the bay, cables may have been put under stress & causing a bad connection.

Glad to hear that mate,

Maybe with all the work going on a in the bay, cables may have been put under stress & causing a bad connection.

Thanks dan

so graham got back to DG without incident! he tried pushing the engine without flaw! all sounds good! so we are down to the immobilizer being the problem for cutting the engine and no restart!! so tomorrow the wiring is going to be checked out before we make a decision! the immobilizer was an issue on the install!

so do we take it out and install another? need it for the insurance otherwise premium goes up :( !

what kind of alarm does the car have, does that still work? mine blew a fuse the other week and i had electrics but no starting because of that..

sounds familiar

I would get a new one for piece of mind, but if its a simple and obvious fix i would get that done

I would get a new one for piece of mind, but if its a simple and obvious fix i would get that done

Yeah think that what I'm going to do Jon..

So the car is back at home after a week down at DG. the car has been running without issue! :D enjoyed the drive home, its good to get it back!

next plans almost complete and will get some pics up as soon as i have it fitted out!

the bonnet bra arrived (bought off the forum) pleased with it and will try it on tomorrow! hopefully no more stone chips on those long runs!