KIPVW

Stanford Hall 5 May, 50 Car CCGB Display. Full to the Brim :)

I was really impressed with the turnout and great to see so many Corrados in one place. Got to see the familiar faces and also meet some new ones that I've spoken to on here but never met. The Corrado community is certainly the friendliest!

Well done to Kip, Judith and Dave for the well deserved wins and big thanks to all those who organised the club stand.

We had a brilliant day and topped off with a rather interesting conversation on the colour of various bolts and clips within the Engine bay, life doesn't get any better! (Geek I think the wife mentioned)

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who organised the club stand, nice cake also!

Was a really good turn out in a great setting, nice to meet some of you guys and put faces to names/cars.

The standard of some of the cars on the stand was really very high, a couple of them should have been over next to kip's in the concourse!

Rest of the show was also really good, did you see that black porsche 912 with the red leather.....wow! Think I saw a pic on a previous page, saving now!

Oh and Dave, thanks for getting all those bits done for me, hopefully next year mine will be looking a bit smarter!

Laurence

Edited by davidwort

had a great day - my first time at Stanford Hall and I would say its now my favourite show! Fantastic turnout on the CCGB stand (big thanks to those who organised it) and nice to catch up with some familiar faces and meet some new ones. I would have likes to spend a little more time on the stand but the lure of the go-karts and the bouncy castle meant my boy kept dragging me away (thanks to Wendy (I think) for supplying him with cake and a balloon - he was very pleased).

Yep, that was me. I must have that type of face, so many children came to me asking for balloons.

Hadn't realised they were so popular with kids.

I was in J160XAR between Goldie and Chris L .

:wave: yours looked like it meant business! I fitted those dash shelves you sold me, fit great

Nick

Rather delayed message from me as I went straight from the show to see my cousins and to help them with work yesterday. Anyway, I had a fantastic day so thank you to all the organisers and everyone who attended to make it such a good one. Since my car was off the road last summer and I barely attended any shows the year before either, it feels like such a long time since I've seen some of you and it was great to catch up. As ever, it was also lovely to meet some new people. After seeing so many cracking cars, I'm really feeling enthusiastic about mine and can't wait to get on with a few bits and pieces!

Also thought it was lovely that so many people turned up to listen to a few words about Chris Gaskell and raise a glass to him.

I do have a few photos from the show but I'm off on holiday now so I'll post them when I'm back!

---------- Post added at 7:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 7:27 PM ----------

Rather delayed message from me as I went straight from the show to see my cousins and to help them with work yesterday. Anyway, I had a fantastic day so thank you to all the organisers and everyone who attended to make it such a good one. Since my car was off the road last summer and I barely attended any shows the year before either, it feels like such a long time since I've seen some of you and it was great to catch up. As ever, it was also lovely to meet some new people. After seeing so many cracking cars, I'm really feeling enthusiastic about mine and can't wait to get on with a few bits and pieces!

Also thought it was lovely that so many people turned up to listen to a few words about Chris Gaskell and raise a glass to him.

I do have a few photos from the show but I'm off on holiday now so I'll post them when I'm back!

Great show, thanks for organising it guys. Congrats to Jude and Kip, well deserved winners, I am very happy with 2nd place.

Thoroughly enjoyed the convoy down and the race back with the Audi A3, hope the cameras weren't on!!

Amazing turnout from all over the country is proof of how popular this show is.

I was touched by the tributes to Chris Gaskell, it would be nice to see a trophy in is his honour for next year if that could be possible.

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who organised the club stand, nice cake also!

Was a really good turn out in a great setting, nice to meet some of you guys and put faces to names/cars.

The standard of some of the cars on the stand was really very high, a couple of them should have been over next to kip's in the concourse!

Rest of the show was also really good, did you see that black porsche 912 with the red leather.....wow! Think I saw a pic on a previous page, saving now!

Oh and Dave, thanks for getting all those bits done for me, hopefully next year mine will be looking a bit smarter!

Laurence

It looked good to me matey i'm sure however from what you were telling me it will be very nice you are making progress just got to keep up the momentum :cool:

---------- Post added at 9:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 9:33 PM ----------

:wave: yours looked like it meant business! I fitted those dash shelves you sold me, fit great

Nick

I didn't know that was you Nick or i would have came over for a chat this was my first show and obviously not having met anyone before didn't know who was who wasn't being ignorant or anything like that.Glad the shelves done the job mate by the way have you changed your forum name? :wave:

I hope some noticed the Video earlier and that I was on it - The 'Early arrivals' !!!! Especially for those who think I cannot ever get up early.

Hehe, well exception sometimes proves the rule :)

Also for whoever that missed the cakes, these were super tasty, just look at them...

DSC_0163.jpg

... btw I've uploaded some more photos: >>> click here

sh1_zps4b5b85e5.jpg

sh2_zpsc1fae4af.jpg

sh3_zps64379715.jpg

sh4_zpsa9449bb3.jpg

sh5_zpsc003d361.jpg

sh6_zps274a48c7.jpg

sh7_zpsabf5a0ce.jpg

sh8_zps52a1eca5.jpg

sh9_zps5ad11af0.jpg

sh10_zps47cde8b6.jpg

sh11_zps6145b82d.jpg

sh12_zps1e886f6d.jpg

sh13_zps3899b612.jpg

sh14_zps6a68d1d5.jpg

sh15_zpsaddbf62f.jpg

sh16_zpse5dd91c9.jpg

sh17_zps5184ac88.jpg

sh18_zps21d352d8.jpg

sh19_zps12bb2e4e.jpg

sh20_zps1a561e94.jpg

Edited by martinb

Nice pics there :)

Looking forward to the next Stanford Hall already!

Tempest

---------- Post added at 7:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 7:00 PM ----------

Nice pics there :)

Looking forward to the next Stanford Hall already!

Tempest

Great show some really good Corrados on show, my first show since 10th anniversary at Gaydon, great to see the club is in good form.

"A grand day out" to quote Wallis. Here's a short shaky film
. Really looking forward to the National day now! Better get those wheels sorted.

---------- Post added at 8:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 7:59 PM ----------

Forgot - there's also some pics located here https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B-N7_oA-5f8ncXBCMHZ2NHdoeE0&usp=sharing

Great video Jezz, liking the beats too. Would this be music you have compiled yourself? Ps if you will get your VR rims powder coated I know someone but also you would be welcome to run my D90's during the process. All tyres legal. So your mobile.

I'm going to buy the Go Pro video camera so for our next trip we will get some good footage. I will pm you about National day and arrangements. PS liked the over taking move on the way home where 2 lanes merged into one.

. Really looking forward to the National day now! Better get those wheels sorted.

---------- Post added at 8:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 7:59 PM ----------

Forgot - there's also some pics located here https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B-N7_oA-5f8ncXBCMHZ2NHdoeE0&usp=sharing

Nice vid mate, i was one of the people you talked to about the 288 calipers next to my bro's mystic blue corrado (the one parked next to yours)

Good video nice to see my car in it all other pic's have just been a glimpse of it suppose it serves me right for parking between Goldie and Chris L :lol:

the best year ive been to standford i think ;) thought the corrado club stand (not being biased) was easy the best ;) some cracking cars as always and lovely weather too!!

What a Great show! First time I have attended a Club stand so didn't really know anyone,and could not put names to faces e.t.c. so sorry if I didn't say hello.

I would like to thank all who organised the Stand as it was really good, and it was nice to see so many other Corrado's in one place.

Some of you took some great photo's and the video is really good. Look forward to meeting some of you again in the future.

What a Great show! First time I have attended a Club stand so didn't really know anyone,and could not put names to faces e.t.c. so sorry if I didn't say hello.

I would like to thank all who organised the Stand as it was really good, and it was nice to see so many other Corrado's in one place.

Some of you took some great photo's and the video is really good. Look forward to meeting some of you again in the future.

What corrado were you in mate reg/colour /if you know where you were as it was my first show too :thumbleft:

What corrado were you in mate reg/colour /if you know where you were as it was my first show too :thumbleft:

Hi Clumpy1, I was in a Red Corrado, N744SFL, I was parked just in front of a Yellow Corrado. What Corrado were you in? :thumbleft:

Hi Clumpy1, I was in a Red Corrado, N744SFL, I was parked just in front of a Yellow Corrado. What Corrado were you in? :thumbleft:

I was in DBP J160XAR with yellow headlight cover's against the hall.Yeah i know what one was your car the yellow corrado was Kip vw's

Edited by clumpy1

Awwwww, my poor baby seems to have been very camera shy at its first meet!

Nice video jez, just gutted you see me rolling out on tiny rear space savers :( however new adapters are on their way as we speak :)

Clumpy, your car looked very mean if its the one I'm thinking of, spotted an intercooler and some tasty brakes behind the wheels.

Really enjoyed the show, we spent most of the time wandering around and missed the cakes and remembrance unfortunately. I think everyone should wear forum name tags next time to make it easier ;)

I was proud to be part of a well organised stand and this set up looked excellent. Big thanks to everyone that took the time to organise it all and the behind the scenes admin. :)

Very kind of you to say Craig tasty brakes i have (Brembo's) no intercooler though it does have a large radiator you may have mistaken for an intercooler. It's a bit of a handful just now with 290bhp need to start saving for turbo kit :thumb right:

A turbo on top of that lot?? Dear Lord :lol: