KIPVW

Stanford Hall 5 May, 50 Car CCGB Display. Full to the Brim :)

If I have a Corrado on the road by the show I will be heading up from A217 or A23 junctions of M25

I'm going from St.Albans, M25, M1,

could meet up at Toddington services,

Anyone else?

I,m also coming M25 /M1 would love to join in Mini muscle VR6

I've just found out I probably won't have the kids with me so I may actually get to enjoy the show this time rather than having to keep an eye on the little treasures :lol:

I'll be leaving from J10 M25 near Esher but no idea what time because I'm completely disorganised :D

I was hoping to get some bodywork done to the car before the shows started but simply haven't had the time.

We will be leaving at 6am from Rustington West Sussex, travelling up the A24 & joining the M25 at Leatherhead, then anti clockwise round the M25 to the M1 and on. Just going to work out some timings for anticipated key points along the route. Let me know where others of you could easily join up with us. More the better, no need to ask all are welcome to join in.

Seeing as we're all taking the M25 (whichever direction) it could be an idea for us to meet at South Mimms Services (J23) or somewhere a bit further along the line (J.C suggested Toddington). Guess a time just needs to be figured out... I'm planning on leaving quite early to get to Stanford Hall for around 08:30. Anyone up for this?

Nick

Good evening all,

John (16vG60) and myself have come up with the plan for our journey to the show. We would like to get a convoy going from Junction 9 of the M1 heading north... any one wanting to participate can meet us at the Premier Inn Luton South as detailed below.

We will be leaving Rustington, West Sussex at 5 AM sharp and heading north on the A24. We will be at the Leatherhead junction with the M25 roughly an hour later.

Any one rolling around this area is welcome to join us up to our next stopping point as we go clockwise round the M25 and onto the M1.

At M1 Junction 9 we will stop for approximately 15 minutes between 6:45 am to 7:00 am at the Premier Inn Luton South.

From here we will head on up in convoy to Stanford Hall.

We would like to get a convoy going up the M1 and if you are interested in this then please meet us here at this time.

If you are interested in meeting at M1 J9 or would like to join the "early" stage of the convoy please drop me a PM with your mobile number so we can let you know where exactly we are etc.

This is going to be one of the last chances to get a very big convoy going so we would love for as many people as possible to join us.

Troy.

Thanks John and Troy

Sounds great, see you at Premier Inn,

Steve

Ok, good idea, for a general meet point to gather up all cars from the M25 from both directions in to M1. Lets meet at Luton South Premier Inn Services at M1 Junc 9 between 06.30 and 7.00am to leave at 7.00am getting to the show ground at no later than 08.30am.

For others travelling from Surrey and Sussex we can gather you up at Leatherhead at 6.00am. For those local to us in West Sussex please contact me to plan a meet point. My contact no. Is 07974020031 please text your chosen meet point and mobile contact info so we can keep you updated.

---------- Post added at 8:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 8:00 PM ----------

Looks like Troy got here first :-D

All this talk of driving up the M1 has made me really wish I was attending, alas it has come a month too early! Hopefully get to Castle Coombe, convoytastic chaps and chapesses!!

Seeing as we're all taking the M25 (whichever direction) it could be an idea for us to meet at South Mimms Services (J23) or somewhere a bit further along the line (J.C suggested Toddington). Guess a time just needs to be figured out... I'm planning on leaving quite early to get to Stanford Hall for around 08:30. Anyone up for this?

Nick

If we can get a few of us then I'd be up for an early morning breakfast at South Mimms services.

You can't miss me, I'll be the guy in the Corrado. Oh wait... :D

EDIT: South Mimms is approx 1.5 hours from Stanford Hall I think. So that means a 7am breakfast. Anyone up for it?

I'm still hoping to come along, waiting on a new supercharger bracket which should be arriving today, fingers crossed plain sailing from there on.

Still gotta sort out way my fans not kicking in too

---------- Post added at 11:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 AM ----------

I'm still hoping to come along, waiting on a new supercharger bracket which should be arriving today, fingers crossed plain sailing from there on.

Still gotta sort out way my fans not kicking in too

Are all the 50 spaces filled ?

If we can get a few of us then I'd be up for an early morning breakfast at South Mimms services.

You can't miss me, I'll be the guy in the Corrado. Oh wait... :D

EDIT: South Mimms is approx 1.5 hours from Stanford Hall I think. So that means a 7am breakfast. Anyone up for it?

I think everyone is now going to try and join 16VG60s convoy, which meets at M1 J9 (Luton South Premier Inn Services) between 06:30 - 07:00. Would be more convenient instead of having to overshoot to get to South Mimms (if going clockwise). Can always have breakfast there :)

Nick

Please be aware that in order to be granted access to the stand at the show you WILL need a pass for your windscreen.

All members who have been in touch with me on the CCGB website & on here have had passes sent out.

If you do not have a pass and intend to just turn up please do not cause any issues with the very hard working volunteer staff at Stanford Hall should they refuse you entry for failing to have the required pass.

Hope you are all on your best behaviour & hope you all have a great day :-)

See you Sunday.

Anyone else use Google Lattitude (on Google Maps) on an Android phone?, be cool if we could track each other on the way as there's so many planning on going.

Hi all,

sounds like this is gonna be a great event. Unfortunately my C's deteriorated over the winter and in poor health now, so won't be able to make it to the show but I'd be keen to go shotgun if anyone from down here's got a spare seat available in their car please? - Darren, John or any of the West Sussex crew!?

My head gasket's very nearly gone and I don't wanna risk it on the journey up to Stanford Hall, can anyone help me out with a ride please?

Darren are you going with the wife and kids or on your own on Sunday? Thought I'd ask you first as you live closest to me!

Cheers guys,

Phil

Ahh, Corrados everywhere at Stanford Hall then :)

Quite a few in concourse, too.

Tempest

Is no one going A14 way? :( Be a lonely journey for me!

Please be aware that in order to be granted access to the stand at the show you WILL need a pass for your windscreen.

All members who have been in touch with me on the CCGB website & on here have had passes sent out.

If you do not have a pass and intend to just turn up please do not cause any issues with the very hard working volunteer staff at Stanford Hall should they refuse you entry for failing to have the required pass.

Hope you are all on your best behaviour & hope you all have a great day :-)

See you Sunday.

Haven't received a pass. Would you be able to check whether mine has been sent? I haven't pinged you directly as I'd assumed that booking on the CCGB website would be enough? Thank you.

(Adrian Brown)

:)

---------- Post added at 7:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 6:58 PM ----------

Are all the 50 spaces filled ?

They are i'm afraid buddy.

Only way to get on now is if someone pulls out in the next day or so.

Nothing stopping you getting to the show and parking in general parking though just not in the show itself.

Am sure it'll be a good social so one to not miss out on.

Hi Kip,

Just to let you know, I have my pass now. For some daffy reason our postman delivered it to our neighbour!! See you Sunday Bud.

pass came today, thanks. our daft postman delivered it to the wrong address too