ChrisL

Would like to know more about this

Just seen this on detailing world, anyone on here, looks really nice

For nearly TWO HUNDRED SHEETS, I would hope so !

Sometimes you forget just how good a clean, original Corrado looks.. what a fine motor :)

For nearly TWO HUNDRED SHEETS, I would hope so !

This is the kind of comment's that annoy me sorry mate but have you any idea the amount of work that goes into a detailing job like this if the price is not for you do it yourself I CAN GUARANTEE YOU WILL NOT GET A FINISH LIKE THIS.There is skill involved how about you show us your handiwork with a buffer????......

This is the kind of comment's that annoy me sorry mate but have you any idea the amount of work that goes into a detailing job like this if the price is not for you do it yourself I CAN GUARANTEE YOU WILL NOT GET A FINISH LIKE THIS.There is skill involved how about you show us your handiwork with a buffer????......

Calm down please clumpy. There's no need for this kind of response.

Aaaaand breath.

The finish would last a good while if it's washed properly (snow foam, 2 buckets etc). You need to accept that if you pay for a macine polish then no more car washes and you need to invest in good cleaning gear. I would have said that mine has a similar finish and mine stays scratch free.

Would love to have something like this done to mine..... Or have the time to do it myself!

So had it just had paint then? Says it had come from the body shop. Lovely finish though have to be careful about going through the lacquer I'd have thought, definitely a skill there using power tools that could wreck the paint pretty easily.

Snow foam is great but it is only a pre-wash, you still need to clean it properly afterwards.

If it's detailed with a DA polisher it's pretty hard to damage the paint, there's plenty of lacquer on there.

My next challenge is to wet sand and polish my Golf.....

£200 is a great price for a full detail.. £35 an hour isn't an unreasonable amount to pay for any kind of car related work, there's as easy 6 hours there, plus products used. I'd say £300 would still be reasonable.

Swissvax BOS is a very expensive and top of the range wax too. I cant believe it only cost £200 for a full detail! Its usually single pass polishing after repaint and its enhancement rather than correction so time is saved there, but for a wax like that you usually pay a premium on top. Very deep and glossy shine. Mucho likey!

You would not believe what its costs from the top guys. Theres a company about 5miles from me that seems to be one of the best and they sometimes take a whole week for a car. They are normally booked out for months ahead.

It is impressive what they can do and the attention to detail is amazing. Not my bag I must admit.

http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/blog/

Polished Bliss always post on another forum i use, they do some awesome cars.

I got into all the detailing, bought loads of gear, spent hundreds of pounds. Had the car cleaned by a guy on here once, then decided it would be cheaper to do it myself.

Must admit i've lost interest in spending hours polishing and waxing, my car being a daily it quickly looks old again.

I read a forum post from a guy who detailed a Ferrari F40 - took him an entire week but he was doing minor repair work along the way too. The transformation was incredible but I did subsequently read a lot of criticism for some of his techniques... but it looks pretty bloody good to me. I dread to think what it cost overall!

http://www.detailingbliss.com/topic/28246-ferrari-f40-correctional-glass-coat-90-hours/

Aaaaand breath.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: that fxcking cracked me up! hahahaha...

What u on about clumpy, any idiot can clean a car, all u need is some fairy-up liquid and a brilo pad!

In all serious though, that C looks mint! and completely agree with jim, and un touched will finished corrado is a sight not often enough seen!

Going to invest in a snow foam me thinks , just watched the video on it .

Id save your pennies mate, once the novelty has worn off they really aren't so great. Id invest in some good pre cleaner instead if I was to start over.

Bear in mind that you'd need a decent lance with the right fitment for your pressure washer to get good coverage and consistency from the foam, and it becomes pretty expensive for a quick pre wash.

I'd echo what Chris has said mate.

Results better than that can be achieved at home, it does take a decent amount of time,commitment and investment in the right tools but its good when you get the results..

DSCF7248.jpg

DSCF2523.jpg

Edited by C5 OEM

C5 OEM - who owns your Corrado now? It will be interesting to see how the paint looks today - ie: how long or how often you need to keep such treatments up.

C5 OEM - who owns your Corrado now? It will be interesting to see how the paint looks today - ie: how long or how often you need to keep such treatments up.

Its all about the level of sealants applied and careful washing, once the paintwork has been corrected,protected and sealed you should never have to go to those lengths again if the careful washing and glazes are used.